Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
A slap on the wrist...

On March 18, 2020, nearly a year later, Mr. Dennett and Mr. Wootton were charged with tampering to influence a contest, a third-degree felony; unlawful release of wildlife, a Class A misdemeanor; and captivity of protected wildlife, a Class B misdemeanor. Last month, both men pleaded guilty to all three counts and were ordered to pay a $500 plea in abeyance fee, complete 48 hours of community service, and pay $2,500 in restitution to the wildlife division’s Help Stop Poaching Fund. The men were also sentenced to 24 months’ probation, during which they are prohibited from hunting.

Kinda like when you drop a crane in the middle of Seattle and kill 4 people, the total fines were less than $100K, no jail time. Or steal a couple million through embezzlement and serve 16 months in prison. While other non-crimes are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. That is why this sheeit continues rampantly, the punishments don't deter the crimes of the ones' worth punishing, and the crimes not worth punishing are prosecuted as if they were Treason. These are only examples of how this country is sliding down the turd washer.

I wonder if third-degree felonies are actually treated like felonies...I guess they will find out.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
La and Tx use to have some really big bass tournaments, but cheating helped close them down. There were/are 2 brothers from Serepta, La. that were fined and I think one did time in the pen for cheating at several bass tournaments. The officials found a pond on their property with Florida bass in them and they were caught weighing in the Florida bass in tournaments.

There was one 'big bass' tournament on the Lake of the Pines back in the '80's, that for a few years, paid $105,000 for first place + all kinds of perks.

Cheating at fishing tournaments is nothing new.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bass fishing sucks

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The same bunch of asswipes tried to do the same thing with competition deer hunting.. BuckMasters.
[bleep] them

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
We had people cheat during catfish tournaments.... pretty bad stuff when the purse is in the thousands of dollars.
All of the guys make extra trips to get to know a lake or river so they are contenders, then someone cheats and blows how fair things are... sucks.

They now have to pay a lie detector test guy to test the winners... WTH !!

Last edited by Spotshooter; 09/24/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back in the 70s a pretty famous TV fishing show host, I believe his name was John Fox, got caught tying up and hiding large bass before the tournament. Then retrieving them and taking them to the weigh in.

There is a local fellow where I live that got caught cheating on a tournament on Lake Fork. I don't know what he did, but I do know the Judge banned him from fishing tournaments for 10 years.

Last edited by 1911a1; 09/24/20.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I read about this a minute ago and laughed my ass off.

Had a fellow tried to get heaviest fish years ago by putting fishing weights inside the fish.

He was found out because the fish wasn't very long for the weight and a male bass.

These folks are just crazy stupid.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know a guy who did time in prison for cheating in bass tournaments years ago. He was tying up pre-caught fish beforehand.

Now with even more aplomb
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by plainsman456
I read about this a minute ago and laughed my ass off.

Had a fellow tried to get heaviest fish years ago by putting fishing weights inside the fish.

He was found out because the fish wasn't very long for the weight and a male bass.

These folks are just crazy stupid.

There was a controversy over a tournament winner or record class bass I forget which back in the late '80s in Texas. the fellow that caught a large bass that an x-ray showed a weight in it. A lot of people wanted to string him up even though it was shown that bass had ate the weight because of the growth around it. I guess the bass couldn't pass the lead weights. He also passed a lie detector.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 1911a1
Back in the 60s a pretty famous TV fishing show host, I believe his name was John Fox, got caught tying up and hiding large bass before the tournament. Then retrieving them and taking them to the weigh in.

There is a local fellow where I live that got caught cheating on a tournament on Lake Fork. I don't know what he did, but I do know the Judge banned him from fishing tournaments for 10 years.

Yep, and John Fox was a great fisherman. Put weights in a fish iirc. Had his own local tv show named after him. Hes the one who made the statement that "theres a bass under every bush" that became locally famous. He may have also been the one who coined another saying, "Rayburn is the bass factory".

John was a bud of my young cousins wife's brother, and my cousin fished with them on several occasions.

It was a bass factory untill the advent of BASS and its developing power which finally resulted in the demise of commercial netting of rough fish which was sold to Mexico. I knew such a fisherman on Rayburn who often took 2000 pounds of carp and buffalo a day out of Rayburn. 2000 x $0.19/lb iirc.

Bass freaks were worried the netters might take a big bass home to eat on occasion. Actually, good netters caught very few and wouldnt be caught dead with a bass or catfish and lose their livelyhood.
The loss of the netters was the end of the lake being a Bass Factory. The fish freaks didnt know the netters killed thousands of alligator gar a year, which eat big bass like kids eat 'tator chips".

Back then you could find an area where there were a lot of bass and catch them in the same place for a week or three before they moved on. Now, you hunt for an area with a few bass and they are gone in a day or two, constantly persued by schools of huge gator gar.

The sight of several acres of surface water churning with huge schools of 4-7 lb bass are gone forever.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/24/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by GeoW
The same bunch of asswipes tried to do the same thing with competition deer hunting.. BuckMasters.
[bleep] them

g

This. I never joined though he called me several times and had a great speil. I hated their terminology. There are no buck masters, well except maybe for me and GeoW and Drummond and Sandbilly and JGraider.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/24/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Huh who woulda thunk.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Huh who woulda thunk.

Hahaha. wink

I Dindo Nuffin
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Same thing (Cheating) happens in coyote calling contests. I’m not a fan of making hunting and fishing “competition” events.

NRA Patron
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Popular contests here are rock chuck derbies. Usually the heaviest chuck wins and prizes are stuff like rifles. One year one of the local contests raised $300k for charity. I haven't heard of any cheating but maybe they just haven't been caught yet.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Sam Rayburn still fishes just fine.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
lol, when i was fishing SKA trounaments with a Dr friend he would hook up an IV to the kingfish to try and keep it from dehydrating before the weigh in.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by 1911a1
Back in the 60s a pretty famous TV fishing show host, I believe his name was John Fox, got caught tying up and hiding large bass before the tournament. Then retrieving them and taking them to the weigh in.

Yep, and John Fox was a great fisherman. Put weights in a fish iirc. Had his own local tv show named after him. Hes the one who made the statement that "theres a bass under every bush" that became locally famous. He may have also been the one who coined another saying, "Rayburn is the bass factory".

John was a bud of my young cousins wife's brother, and my cousin fished with them on several occasions.

It was a bass factory untill the advent of BASS and its developing power which finally resulted in the demise of commercial netting of rough fish which was sold to Mexico. I knew such a fisherman on Rayburn who often took 2000 pounds of carp and buffalo a day out of Rayburn. 2000 x $0.19/lb iirc.

Bass freaks were worried the netters might take a big bass home to eat on occasion. Actually, good netters caught very few and wouldnt be caught dead with a bass or catfish and lose their livelyhood.
The loss of the netters was the end of the lake being a Bass Factory. The fish freaks didnt know the netters killed thousands of alligator gar a year, which eat big bass like kids eat 'tator chips".

Back then you could find an area where there were a lot of bass and catch them in the same place for a week or three before they moved on. Now, you hunt for an area with a few bass and they are gone in a day or two, constantly persued by schools of huge gator gar.

The sight of several acres of surface water churning with huge schools of 4-7 lb bass are gone forever.
gar eat mainly rough fish, carp, buffalo etc., thats why they are the best bait to catch them on.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (222ND, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,145
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.