Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I applaud Gov Newsom's latest brainstorm. It can only hasten the crash and burn demise of this formerly great state. And that is what needs to happen, then perhaps my children can begin to rebuild from the ashes. All the ingredients are here for success, climate, water, soil, minerals, energy, natural resources...but the state govt. needs to fail in spectacular fashion before the rebuilding can begin.
California's eminence at the 5th largest economy in the world didn't spiral down to third world status because we ran out of any of the ingredients, it failed because of one party dominance. I think you know which party.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Actually, I was also referring to the environmental damage; eagles killed by turbines, landscapes marred by solar panels, etc. The damage from mishandling of toxic by-products can't be ignored either, as in the lead-acid battery mess I mentioned. It can be offshored to economically-desperate places like some of our garbage is, but the chickens will come home to roost eventually. Polluters here often get off easy; imagine how they're treated in the third world. Some Asian countries routinely tow garbage out to sea and just dump it, resulting in paper straws for California.

There are over twice as many people in the world as when I was born, maybe three times. A lot of the stuff being obsessed over now is small potatoes compared to the really big problems like food, water, garbage, and maybe sewage. Right now in Chinese cities, people have to throw their used TP in the trash instead of flushing it to avoid overloading their sewage system. Imagine the fun when ol' Gavin tells the good people of California that they're gonna have to do the same.🤢

What fresh Hell is this?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
electric cars are not the answer yet ,but thats ok in California its a chit state anyway.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by baldhunter
So where are they going to get the energy to charge the cars?

Hydrogen from electrolysis off of batteries to run the gas turbines that turn the generators to make electricity.

Entergy is now working with Mitsubishi gas turbine folks to effect this in an effort to get away from the use of natural gas and the resulting carbon footprint.

Isnt that perpetual motion?

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Been buying it from Nevada also, but they are coal fired and will be closed by 2031. Someone will be building natural gas as it is cheaper anyway and cleaner.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
I don t keep up in the all electric car field but that would get rid of the hybrids like the Prius. Guy could start up a "hot charge service" for all those brain dead turds that run out of juice on the highway. Pull in frt or behind them plug in and pay by the amp. Cash only no receipts. Could be a millionaire in the land of the witless.wtf?

How will you do that in a "cashless" society?

Bit coin trading.
Grins

Is that "cash"??

It might serve a similar purpose, but it's not greenbacks. And because it's digital, there'll be a record of it somewhere, should "they" decide to look for it.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’m hopeful that a 9.0 will happen along the San Andreas and spur a coastal submarine landslide on Hawaii’s big island. There’s nothing wrong with CA and the west coast that can’t be healed with some shake and a splash. A 1,500’ tidal wave will put the fires out and wash all the dirt away.

They won’t need any cars or trucks afterwards.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I’m hopeful that a 9.0 will happen along the San Andreas and spur a coastal submarine landslide on Hawaii’s big island. There’s nothing wrong with CA and the west coast that can’t be healed with some shake and a splash. A 1,500’ tidal wave will put the fires out and wash all the dirt away.

They won’t need any cars or trucks afterwards.

I've got a relative moving out of there in late Oct. Two others already in AZ. The last one will be an issue, although they keep trying. And I keep sending them real estate ads.

I'm WAY on the East side of the San Andreas, and WAY to the North of where it runs into the ocean. As long as the shakin' doesn't set off the volcanoes around here, I'm pretty safe.............I hope.

OH, not to worry, the relatives that have moved, or are trying to move, are all MAGA type folks.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ConradCA
California Banning Sales of Gas Autos

The progressive fascists are insane. They want to control every aspect of our lives. Using the unproven Global Warming theory as justification. The envio-mentally ill at work.

How are they going to stop people from buying new used cars out of state? Like a business that adds just enough miles to make a new car be “used”.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. —
California will halt sales of new gasoline-powered passenger cars and trucks by 2035, Gov. Gavin Newsom announced Wednesday, a move he says will cut greenhouse gas emissions by 35% in the nation’s most populous state.

The proposed rule would not ban people from owning gas-powered cars or selling them on the used car market. But it would end the sales of all new gasoline-powered passenger cars and trucks in the state of nearly 40 million people.
.........According AOC planet earth only has 12 years left and that was about a year ago....So by 2035 all mankind will be gone anyways....LOL...LOL

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Gypsywind: Seven years is NOT very long to foresake that pit of vipers (kalifornicationkopia)!
I last set foot in that den of inequity just over 30 years ago when the police marching drill team I was a member of was invited to lead off the huge parade there in San Francisco.
kalifornicationkopia is easy to ignore if you set your mind to it!
No disneyland (in kalifornicationkopia!) for me and the VarmintGrandChildren, no yosemite, no high sierras, no redwoods, no kalifornicationkopia side of Lake Tahoe, no NOTHING to do with kalifornicationkopia - EVER.
Sadly there might be a few decent people left in that once wonderful place - but if they are to stupid to move themselves out of that hell hole then they can suffer right alongside with the cretins who caused the chaos/idiocy/self destruction!
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
VarmintGuy, Setting aside your hatred of all things California for a moment, and just concentrating on your central theme of, "move away, you damn fools" (I'm paraphrasing). The Pilgrims moved from England but the British Crown followed them to the New World with more oppression. Following your logic...I get the idea that you would have advised the residents of the original 13 colonies to move away, rather than stage a revolution, from King Georgies governance as well. Have I got that right?

Last edited by flintlocke; 09/24/20.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
I could get Newsome-Cuomo elected. I'd have Newsome talk ultra moderate, a la Bill Clinton. "I don't want your guns and taxing a few bucks more on the rich won't solve our nations problems. Vote for me and the good times will roll on, and the heated rhetoric will stop. I can reach out to the other side and work together and we will peaceful once again".

Doesn't matter that all that is alive. Just say it and keep saying it and Newsome is your next President.

The media will assist you in your quest.

And I'm guessing you meant "all that is a lie". (friggen auto correct or voice to text??)

Thanks for catching that, I'll correct.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by kennyd
Originally Posted by baldhunter
So where are they going to get the energy to charge the cars?

Hydrogen from electrolysis off of batteries to run the gas turbines that turn the generators to make electricity.

Entergy is now working with Mitsubishi gas turbine folks to effect this in an effort to get away from the use of natural gas and the resulting carbon footprint.

Isnt that perpetual motion?

Batteries do die and require rebuilding.

About the only thing that I can recall being even close to perpetual is The Minto Wheel.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I don t keep up in the all electric car field but that would get rid of the hybrids like the Prius. Guy could start up a "hot charge service" for all those brain dead turds that run out of juice on the highway. Pull in frt or behind them plug in and pay by the amp. Cash only no receipts. Could be a millionaire in the land of the witless.wtf?

Bit coin trading.
Grins

Is that "cash"??

It might serve a similar purpose, but it's not greenbacks. And because it's digital, there'll be a record of it somewhere, should "they" decide to look for it.

Point taken.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can also add that our brainless governor will probably try the same thing, as he has never had an original thought in his life. WA is already experimenting with charging a mileage, because they are losing tax dollars due to the electric and hybrid cars. They did the first stage by handing out little additions to people's cars, reading the mileage and computing what they would pay in taxes. Do not know what happened, as I have not heard any results from the test, but, I would think that, because they have not released any data, it did not meet their increased requirements.,

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Higginez
Gonna put a Repeal Gavin Newsome sign in my yard tomorrow.

Hope they try and steal it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Haha, Henry's? That [bleep] don't hardly ever come off anything it touches. Good idea.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Let's look at the economic impact of no new car sales in California. That would mean that almost 1300 car dealerships would close. 255,000 employees would lose their jobs and the state would lose $8.3 Billion in sales tax's alone. Another $2 Billion in state income tax's from those employees. That will be $10 Billion in tax's lost in a state that is bankrupt. All of this from the National Dealers Automobile Association using 2019 data. The automotive industry will fight this with all its worth. I doubt this will stand, if enacted.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Bit coin trading.
Grins

Is that "cash"??

Point taken.

In California, you could take 9mm ammo instead of cash.
Barter!

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Newsome huh. That's what happens when syphlis attacks the brain.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have a better idea. How about banning Gavin Newsom as governor and further banning him from any public job higher than janitor.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
691 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 3,099 guests, and 1,440 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,581
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.