Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Again, it's not an ethical question, it's one of preference.

I still can't believe someone is convinced there are state game laws prohibiting shooting ducks on the water.

Yeah, I left that one alone.

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I still can't believe someone is convinced there are state game laws prohibiting shooting ducks on the water.

No laws, just common sense. Its just all about what ever you feel your honor is worth. Its not a big deal any more. lots of people have no honor at all.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JackRyan

No laws, just common sense. Its just all about what ever you feel your honor is worth. Its not a big deal any more. lots of people have no honor at all.

Common sense? What do you mean by that?
Is it common sense that an ethical hunter shouldn't sluice ducks?

I disagree, if that's what you're getting at and I see no lack of honor on a hunter's part if they choose to do that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dang, I’m dishonorable!

I’d rather hunt with Tinman and Mike7mm08, they won’t judge me like most here. I need to quit visiting the bird hunting forums, I get tired of the smug condescending attitudes towards people that don’t hunt properly enough. Oh well

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Yep a lot of bird hunters are people I would rather not associate with. Not all but most I have meet will fairly quickly have you wanting to smack them up side the the head.

I am more of a fisherman than a hunter. In fishing we have fly fisherman to take the place of bird hunters. In fact a lot partake in both pursuits. Those are some real condescending jackasses. Can about make them cry if you show them a limit of trout you kept that were caught on worms along with the limit of grouse you roadswatted on your way from the stream.

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I love for them all to flush, fly, and be shot on the wing. However, some are obviously democrats, and it’d be discriminatory of me to not offer them encouragement.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I recently helped my nephew shoot his first cottontail. He shot it with a 20 gauge at close range while it was stationary. He sure grinned big. Then he cleaned it himself, wrapped in foil, cooked it in coals of our campfire, and then picked it clean.

If shooting squirrels with a shotgun is worse then being a whore, and shooting ducks on the water is dishonorable, and rifle shooting turkeys is bad, then where does shot gunning stationary rabbits stand? hahaha, I guess people like feeling superior than others about anything, why not hunting too?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I think it’s a good idea to create such division among hunters. I mean, this way the anti-hunting brigade has to look really long and hard to find statements made by hunters calling a certain type of hunting dishonorable and unethical.

I can hear it now, “Even outdoorsmen state that shooting turkeys with a rifle is dishonorable, shooting ducks on the water is unethical, and shooting squirrels with a shotgun is considered to be a less desirable personality trait than promiscuity; therefore, we motion to make all of the aforementioned illegal henceforth.”

Then you soapbox gents wouldn’t have a leg to stand on, you’d be feeding them exactly what they want and your statements could be instrumental in a restriction of hunting RIGHTS.

Remember, just because it isn’t your cup of tea doesn’t mean it’s unethical, immoral, or dishonorable. If someone is acting within the confines of the written law, you should applaud him for being out and contributing dollars to conservation. If you don’t agree with it, keep it to yourself so your words aren’t used against you.

United we stand, divided we fall.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by mike7mm08
Yep a lot of bird hunters are people I would rather not associate with. Not all but most I have meet will fairly quickly have you wanting to smack them up side the the head.

I am more of a fisherman than a hunter. In fishing we have fly fisherman to take the place of bird hunters. In fact a lot partake in both pursuits. Those are some real condescending jackasses. Can about make them cry if you show them a limit of trout you kept that were caught on worms along with the limit of grouse you roadswatted on your way from the stream.

LOl. Ive fly fished over 40 years and a lot of pretentious a holes. Ill shoot ducks on the water just taking off when I jump shoot ponds, cricks with the dog. Typically no on dekes though.

Last edited by ribka; 09/25/20.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The OP asked a question, which leaves the discussion open for different thoughts on the "Ethical Question".

So we get some who agree and others who don't. I throw in something humorous about anothers thoughts on the question...And we all laughed at his whore house statement, even though we knew he thought Squirrels should be hunted with a .22LR. It was little more than a humorous way to express his opinion and we knew that. Nor was he one that it would be wise to smack upside the head.

Opinions go back and forth, but soon we have the BAMF's come out and tell us how they would rather not associate with a lot of bird hunters...as if they would without any reservation want to hunt with him...and want to smack them upside the head.
Well as mentioned above, there are some boys out there who prefer to shoot Birds on the fly, that it would be wise to leave your desire limited to want. Most just wouldn't hunt with them again and leave it at that. Start BAMF smacking, and at minimum you may find your shotgun broken in two. But hey, I guess they are condescending jackasses for having a different opinion...

Then another thinks those who reply to the OP's question, with a view that doesn't agree with theirs will give the anti-hunting crowd the needed facts to make the "aforementioned illegal henceforth''. Yep, that is what will bring us down..Hilarious..

Now as far as feeling superior and rabbits...I shot my first rabbit under the lights of an Uncles Cadillac. While straddling the Longhorn Steer horns that were on the hood..it was stationary and probably blinded by the lights...If one wants to make the case of legal vs illegal they have a valid argument...However, when I got to hunt them over a neighbors pack of Beagles and took them on the run it was more fun and rewarding... Shoot my first Pheasant on the ground also.....but then Bird Dogs came into my life and things changed again...

Respectfully yours, a condescending jackass....

Addition: I think Rick should make a BAMF forum.... a place all the BAMF’s could hang out and talk BAS.

Last edited by battue; 09/26/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

And....in my county, we have to use a shotgun on squirrels.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A BA forum? I thought that’s what the bird forums were? Hahaha.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by battue
Then another thinks those who reply to the OP's question, with a view that doesn't agree with theirs will give the anti-hunting crowd the needed facts to make the "aforementioned illegal henceforth''. Yep, that is what will bring us down..Hilarious..

What’s my view, then? My point is only that if we go around calling styles of hunting unethical and dishonorable, it won’t be long before those words are used against us. To what extent is unknown, but there have already been examples of statements made on forums being used by anti-hunters to attempt to change trapping laws. Will that be the limit? I doubt it.

Also, I nominate you as the BA forum’s moderator. Takes the most supreme of leaders, think North Korea style, to get on here and talk schit to the BAMF’s so you’re clearly an echelon above BA, like a SBAMF.

Last edited by Ducksanddogs; 09/26/20.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Hilarious....and not in a good way....x2....

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 270jrk
A BA forum? I thought that’s what the bird forums were? Hahaha.

Wrong again....haha????

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by battue
Hilarious....and not in a good way....x2....

The SBAMF has spoken.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe we could all chill out a bit and sing a round of Kumbaya? Haha. I think we could all agree that (so long as it’s legal) to each their own. And we all have our own hunting styles, and interests, and opinions. I do appreciate that the campfire here allows us all to share these freely, it’s a unique place.

I actually have a wing shooting goal this year, I’ve only killed a few Mearns quail, all stationary with a bow. So I’d like to flush and shotgun a few, and I found some good mearns quail country this summer.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I don't think messing with Battue in his younger days would have been a wise choice. He isn't a mountain of a man, more like that little Bronc rider that you knew could take more than you could put out. But I also have a feeling he was the bigger man in his youth as well, and was able to walk away. You aren't going to make it through the schooling and a career that he has being a Hot Head. I have known Battue for a few years now and one thing I can say for certain is he has a heart of gold. Another is he has hunted more then a lot of us have. He may not be that guy to throw up pictures all the time, but I can assure you he has killed more than his fair share of both Small Game and Big Game. It's funny a guy voices his opinion and he is a BA. Only on the interweb, this chit cracks me up.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To be fair MCH, the “BA” was his idea.

Ethics conversations never turn out well, I’m sorry that he took it so personal, he’s not the only wing shooter here that Has strong opinions about proper ways to hunt.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 270jrk
To be fair MCH, the “BA” was his idea.

Ethics conversations never turn out well, I’m sorry that he took it so personal, he’s not the only wing shooter here that Has strong opinions about proper ways to hunt.

Reread what he wrote! HE ADMITS to doing pretty much all that was mentioned. He found his way of hunting and it works for him. He didn't condemn anyone or anyway of legally hunting.

He stated that some guys you just aren't going to slap up side the head! That is a fact of life there are some guys you just aren't going to smack up side the head. Matter of fact I don't care who you are or who the other guy is, in todays world truth be told ain't nobody smacking anyone else up side the head. But this is the interweb and well words are just easy to say.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
336 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 33 invisible), 2,093 guests, and 929 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,729
Posts18,400,838
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.