Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dutch
Their dear departed hero Ruth didn’t think much of the idea, did she?

Nor did she think much of the Constitution.. Picking and choosing which parts she wanted to uphold and which parts she wanted to legislate over From the Bench.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Age limits/term limits for SCOTUS and congress, need to get rid of them before senility impairs their ability to think clearly. Although there are examples of both genders who have overstayed their ability to think clearly, the females seem to become real dingbats once they get past retirement age.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Not going to happen without a Constitutional Amendment.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Age limits/term limits for SCOTUS and congress, need to get rid of them before senility impairs their ability to think clearly. Although there are examples of both genders who have overstayed their ability to think clearly, the females seem to become real dingbats once they get past retirement age.

females become dingbats.... LOL park your ass you dinosaur

Unlike Trump I don't recall Ginsberg suffering a series of mini strokes and slurring her words

Laws change, people die and the land remains the same
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Nancy has always struck me as the chief arsonist in charge.

I want a new house...

How can I burn my old house down and not get caught?

Now that I have burnt my house down without being caught how much will insurance pay me to build a new one?

Fight with the insurance for twice that money.

Shaft the contractor that is actually rebuilding my house and pocket 50% of the money to upgrade all of my contents.

Complain that I am the victim of someone else's malfeasance.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Term limits for Congress!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Ginther
Originally Posted by gunswizard

females become dingbats.... LOL park your ass you dinosaur

Unlike Trump I don't recall Ginsberg suffering a series of mini strokes and slurring her words

That's the best you can come up with to defend the geriatric washed out dolt that your party chose? He is the only one that wouldn't have ended up in jail......yet.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Every government employee position should have term limits, right down to the custodians of the schools. Particularly the politicians to a man/woman.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by montanabadger
How about term limits for congress
The only way that can happen is a constitutional convention. It takes a 2/3 vote of both houses to pass an amendment and there's no way they'd vote to limit themselves.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
A constitutional convention is way overdue. There is a very good reason that provision and possibility exist. The only ones who fear it’s happening are the Kings and Queens who have feathered their own nests at the upper ends of the political spectrum.
It should be mandatory every 20 years or so.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No one I ever talked to would argue against a constitutional amendment for term limits.,

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've always been against congressional term limits as it takes away ballot box choice. However, the way congress has gone the last 20 years, I don't see any other way to clean out that snake pit.

― George Orwell

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The only way that can happen is a constitutional convention. It takes a 2/3 vote of both houses to pass an amendment and there's no way they'd vote to limit themselves.

Part (1)

Then it must be ratified by 3/4 of the states.

But I don’t think term limits for members of Congress requires a Constitutional Amendment.

SC yes, Congress not sure.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Term limits won't fix anything. The problem lies in the unelected alphabet agencies.

B
BLG Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
8 years total for the house and the senate. No where in America can you fail at your job for this long and still be employed.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BLG
8 years total for the house and the senate. No where in America can you fail at your job for this long and still be employed.

Clyde

Problem with term limits is that you can have wild swings in power both ways.

If term limits were in place in 2008, Obama might have had 65 Senators and a 100 seat advantage in the House with all of the anti Bush sentiment.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Part (1)

Then it must be ratified by 3/4 of the states.

But I don’t think term limits for members of Congress requires a Constitutional Amendment.

SC yes, Congress not sure.
The constitution specifies the terms of both houses but it doesn't specify a limit on how many terms they can serve. A precedent was established when the president was limited to 2 terms by an amendment. It will take another one to limit congress.

― George Orwell

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
when all we've got to choose from is a bunch of humans and many of them possessing strange ideas there's no one good answer.

one can construct a scenario to suit one's position, but in 50 years there's no tellin' what our descendents will be facing.

btw just got back from drivers services to have my license re newed. i can stand flat footed and say there's diversity about.

a long line that snaked around the outside of the bldg. everybody in social distance. thank god it wasn't raining.

B
BLG Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by BLG

Clyde

Problem with term limits is that you can have wild swings in power both ways.

If term limits were in place in 2008, Obama might have had 65 Senators and a 100 seat advantage in the House with all of the anti Bush sentiment.

I understand, and maybe there should be longer than 8 years. I can say this though, the founders never intended for our reps to be lifelong appointments.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Wouldn’t hurt to put a clear definition of “fit for service “ attached to the job.

Who gets to decide that? What are the criteria? It's 90% subjective in the eyes of the person evaluating the candidate.

Something along the lines of how major airlines evaluate their pilots as being fit for duty. Their responsibility levels are fairly high in a comparable regard.

Not sure if that answered your question or not.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 10ring1, 66 invisible), 3,055 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,340
Posts18,468,698
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.