Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
I have a half brother and half sister from my mother. I haven’t seen them since the early seventies. I never saw my real father but twice, but I understand he had four more children. I’ve never met any of them, so I have six half brothers and sisters.

Anyone else have half brothers and sisters? Are you close to them?

Last edited by hanco; 09/25/20.
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Not really.
The vaugeries of other people's personalities made that way..

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have a half brother who is 6 years older. Although we were raised together in the same home, as adults, I'm not too close to him.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Got a half brother I've never met. About 14 years younger than me.

Last edited by websterparish47; 09/25/20.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I have a half brother who is sorry sorry sorry. He's older, I didn't meet him until I was 10ish. He retired after 24 years in the air force and has nothing to show for it. He uses people up and moves on to the next, always asking for money. Asked my mother (who is no blood at all to him) if she would cosign on him a 4200 square foot house...that's ballsy. I got involved after that and we haven't talked much since. His wife died a couple years ago and looks like he got some life insurance money and he hasn't come around in a while. Our dad gave him his corvette and he didn't make it half way home before he pulled into a car dealership and sold it for a little cash. I would have loved to have had that car. Last I hung out with him I took him and his new girlfriend to a concert, I drove, bought the tickets, etc.....they did their own thing, didn't offer any gas money, didn't even offer to buy me a beer. Whatever....

Last edited by killerv; 09/25/20.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Broken families are the death of loyalty for most people. frown

Politics is War by Other Means
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I have two half brothers and one half sister. I’m pretty close to all three of them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After my dad passed away, I found out that Mom and Dad had both been divorcees before they got married to each other. I never asked Mom about it, but I've always wondered if I had any half brothers or sisters.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have 2 half Brothers and 1 half Sister.My one Half Brother passed back in 2000. We were/are extremely close. Usually the only time I bring up that they are half B&S is if I get asked a medical question in the Drs office. My Mom raised 6 kids on her own and my older half Brothers and Sister helped raise us while my Mom worked 2 jobs.
I would do anything for my family half sibling or not. They would do the same. I am extremely lucky to have the family I have.
That being said Mom did not choose wisely when it came to husbands.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
2 half brothers and 1 half sister live about 10 miles away, never met any of them..

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".
IC B3

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Would a half-assed sister count? Asking for a friend...

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Half brother and half sister on my dad's side. Didnt meet them until I was in my mid 30s so not particularly close and I've only saw the brother a handful of times.
Mom also adopted her husband's grand kids so I guess I've got those as well although there's 40 years difference between us

Last edited by Kellywk; 09/25/20.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
These threads on family make me realize how truly Blessed I am.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
My dad's mother passed when he was 15. At 16 he came home from school to find the house locked up, his belongings in the yard, and his father gone. Dad was taken in by his best buddy's family. When they were old enough, they both enlisted in the Army. Despite the recruiter's promise that they would stay together, dad was assigned to a coastal artillery unit in Panama, and his best friend, George, to the infantry. George was killed crossing the Rhine in 1945. It wasn't until after dad had passed in 1988, that I learned that they were half brothers.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I have a half sister 10 years older than me. We get along fine, but only see one another about twice a year.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I dated a gal and her half sister once, I didnt know that were related but they sure figured it out.

That was my first attempt at dating multiple woman at the same time, it was also my last..........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JeffyD
My dad's mother passed when he was 15. At 16 he came home from school to find the house locked up, his belongings in the yard, and his father gone. Dad was taken in by his best buddy's family. When they were old enough, they both enlisted in the Army. Despite the recruiter's promise that they would stay together, dad was assigned to a coastal artillery unit in Panama, and his best friend, George, to the infantry. George was killed crossing the Rhine in 1945. It wasn't until after dad had passed in 1988, that I learned that they were half brothers.

I knew a guy who's parents were divorced, as a kid he was close to his biological father, not so much to the step-father that his mom married.

In his teens he found out that his step-father was his biological father, the mom had been having an affair with the guy while still in her first marriage, and that he himself was no biological relation to the man who he had been close to growing up.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Papa was a rollin stone

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not me but my BIL who's 75 now. His father divorced and remarried many years ago. He and his his sister came from the 2d marriage. Their mother wouldn't let their father tell them that he'd had a son from his 1st marriage so my they didn't know they had a brother until Mom died about 15 years ago. My BIL was very nervous about meeting him but he sucked it up and went to visit. They really hit it off. They look a lot alike and have some common interests. They've become best friends and do things together. Dad was forced by Mom to leave the 1st son out of his will. After she died, and my BIL and his sister got to know the 1st son, they insisted that Dad include him in the will. Dad died this summer and they had a 3 way split of the estate. That was very generous of them as it was a lot of money but they figured that fair's fair. They weren't about to screw up relations with their new found brother over money.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I have two half brothers and one half sister. I’m pretty close to all three of them.

Ditto.

I’m blessed having those good folks as family.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

313 members (10gaugemag, 280shooter, 204guy, 1_deuce, 264mag, 219DW, 41 invisible), 2,138 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,144
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.