Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
F
Our county has a drop off.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by slumlord
We have a recycle reservoir at our ‘dump stations’

Only prob is the troll that works there is a total ass if you bring more than a few quarts at a time.

I saved about 8 or 9 gallons worth in the shop over a couple years and then made one trip. The old capillary nose red face fugg says I must be doing changes as a ‘business’ to be hauling that much up at one time. Couldnt reason with him that i was just saving myself multiple trips.

I called the landfill director and told him about his employee, also reminded him that I got license plate numbers of other landfill personnel taking their county trucks to ball games after hours, shopping a Rural King during work hours. Magnetic door decals removed and placed in the cab upside down.

I put the quarts in a trash bag in toss em in the compactor and just smile and wave at the toe less diabetic loudmouth. I hooked em up with several gallons of paint too inside of some black trash bags.

Eagle river dump when I lived in Alaska charged a pretty good penny for over a certain amount of junk at a time. Buddy of mine who was always building a 4x4 or buggy of some sort would strip everything he wanted off parts rigs, pop the VIN tags and license plates off, pull the wheels and tires and trailer them out to the dump. He’d trailer them out there at about 2AM and winch them off the trailer blocking the gate to the dump and haul ass. His tow rig may or may not have had plates on it during these runs😁

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Burning brush piles try this.

Take a empty beer can or pop can 12 ounce, fill it half full of gas, lay it on its side opening at top.

Light it and have brush stacked over it burns like a stove for about 20 minutes. Works well with wet wood.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I use it to start fires in California

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by CCCC
Maybe put it into the tractor tires for needed weight - cheaper than that chem solution others use and it will not break down or corrode.

It will only rot the rubber.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Huntz
Maybe put it into the tractor tires for needed weight - cheaper than that chem solution others use and it will not break down or corrode.

That's true, from what I know...

Rubber and petroleum products don't make good long term companions.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm told a neighbor has an oil burner that uses a valve to drip on a disk blade in the burn chamber.

That man can make nearly any machine. He builds his manure spreaders.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Huntz
Well, if that is true, it is not a good thought - won't try that one.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'm told a neighbor has an oil burner that uses a valve to drip on a disk blade in the burn chamber. That man can make nearly any machine. He builds his manure spreaders.
I have made and used an oil burner of this type - actually very efficient and a great way to burn used oil from changes. Two issues had to solve with my design - good heavy-duty burn chamber and good means to maintain a steady drip or light atomizing spay for a long period of time. But, unlike the other fellow, I cannot make nearly any machine.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
My oil burner is a cast iron Franklin stove filled to the top with scrap iron - - - -brake drums and rotors, cyinder heads, water pump housings, etc. A 30 gallon tank of waste oil gravity feeds through a filter and a metering valve to control the drip rate through a piece of copper tubing to a hole in the top of the stove. I kickstart the fire with a cup of kerosene poured over the scrap iron, light it, and start the oil drip. I use a squirrel cage blower and stovepipe to push the hot air over the stove to both ends of a 24 X 40 foot shop building 12 feet tall. Cheap heat!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A used waste oil heater comes up for sale occasionally.

It's pretty much an appropriate sized jet and compressed air in a burner box.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'm told a neighbor has an oil burner that uses a valve to drip on a disk blade in the burn chamber.

A couple of my mechanics back in Ohio had those. Super super efficient way to make heat and get rid of used oil.

Another guy had a used oil heater furnace in his shop. Heck he would even buy used motor oil from you. I never bothered he was a nice guy. Just gave it to him.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Right now, I drop it off at Oreilly's.

Had I a 55gal barrel wood heater in a shop/garage, I would rig a means to slow drip it into the fire box. Hooked to a thermostat, so it only dripped when hot enough to get a good burn.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
In the late 1970's I worked at an Allis Chalmers shop, as a mechanic. The shop was built into a slope. Back them (not knowing better) we would dump waste oil on side of the shop.
Killed the weeds and rain washed the rest down hill to the creek. NOT COOL.

Now I dump it at a parts store with a barrel in back. Hopefully, they get rid of it in a more responsible manner.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Please don't dump it on the ground. It's not going back to from where it came, it'll eventually end up in the groundwater table. If it contaminates your or a neighbor's well you could be in for an expensive bill for cleaning it up. Oil is extracted from below the water table, dumping it on the ground puts it into the water table. Check your State's laws. Many will require that you recycle it and will require car repair facilities to take it. In most (if not all) States it's illegal to dump waste oil on the ground.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I built my own stove. Used an old oil gun from a heater. 24" dia. piling 30 inches long,can burn trash and or wood. Lots of steel in it holds the heat very well. I heating a 40x60 shop building with it.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I used to buy, "Rerefinded oil". Back as coal, they might have filtered it.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
pour it under the engine of the neighbor's car.....in their driveway...

not the Republican neighbor... the DemocRAT one, who's a California Transplant...

The one who thinks he is smarter and better than everyone else on the street...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Vato Zone, Oreillys will take it. My city has a hazardous waste collection site, it's a freebie.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My local dump/landfill takes it and burns it in a waste oil burner for their shop.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 16penny, 55 invisible), 2,367 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,251
Posts18,466,956
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.