Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Its been 10 days, how do you know your loosing weight slowly?

5 pounds

1/2lb a day is slowly? That would be 182.5lbs in a year, thats extreme weight shedding speed.

Good for you however! If you cut the raisins and used oat/almond milk it would go even quicker.

The stevia is a good choice.

I got a piece of advice for you

Take that almond milk and take a good look at it , read the nutrition label.....what’s the protein amount per serving?

Then take that carton , turn it sideways and shove it up your candy azz

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Etoh

all food stimulates an insulin response, problem is, a thing called the glycemic index. an arbitrary scale that says some food causes more problems ie. sugars. the scale needs to be put in the list of old wives tales.

With the exception of fat. Probably more accurately stated: all foods except fat that are used for energy, including protein, are converted to glucose to obtain the energy.

Correct me if I’m wrong, pls.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A lot of good information was covered in this thread...

Sugar is the devil

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13814350/15

Primal Blueprint and Intermittent Fasting Update with progress pic's

And where it took me applying a lot of the information learned from the thread and further research about fasting...

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/14307382/1

Last edited by RDW; 09/25/20.

Dave

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I found out I was type 2 diabetic, I cut out most of the carbs. Went from 292 to a solid 225. Wife said I looked too thin so I put on 10. I stay about 235 now. Still watching carbs, but not over doing it. Hit the gym 4-5 times a week.
I'm convinced that for most over weight people carbs are the enemy. YMMV

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Its been 10 days, how do you know your loosing weight slowly?

5 pounds

1/2lb a day is slowly? That would be 182.5lbs in a year, thats extreme weight shedding speed.

Good for you however! If you cut the raisins and used oat/almond milk it would go even quicker.

The stevia is a good choice.

I got a piece of advice for you

Take that almond milk and take a good look at it , read the nutrition label.....what’s the protein amount per serving?

Then take that carton , turn it sideways and shove it up your candy azz

Its the lower calories and carbs, but higher vitamins dipchit.... hahahaha fugging idiot!!

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RDW
A lot of good information was covered in this thread...

Sugar is the devil

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13814350/15

Primal Blueprint and Intermittent Fasting Update with progress pic's

And where it took me applying a lot of the information learned from the thread and further research about fasting...

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/14307382/1

Wow. I started the "Sugar is the Devil" thread. I am 20 lbs lighter now and I'm convinced that Intermittent fasting is one of the best things a human can do for their health. More than 90% of the time I only eat calories of any kind during a 2-4 hour window every day. I usually start eating around 2pm every day and will stop by 5pm. I do occasional 24 hour fasts and have fasted longer in the past but don't very often. A fast for me just means no calories but plenty of liquid in the form of water, black coffee or green tea.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Books, and careers have been written on it...but basically...if it's white, spit it out.

Crap, can't something white be good? White people, white food...all bad.

Guess I'll have to eat chocolate ice cream!

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Books, and careers have been written on it...but basically...if it's white, spit it out.

Crap, can't something white be good? White people, white food...all bad.

Guess I'll have to eat chocolate ice cream!

Cauliflower is white. Cabbage is on the inside,and turnips,onions,bananas. Not all white is bad. White bread,milk and sugar will kill you though.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 09/25/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My people and I eat breakfast like a king, dinner like a prince, and supper like a pauper.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
Oatmeal cleans me out

Like a 12 gauge bronze bore brush.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Ever since I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes some 17 years ago my doctors have told me I needed to eat breakfast. All my life, even as a kid, I never ate breakfast. All through my life I would be sluggish in the morning, in school it was my morning classes I had trouble with. I did eat breakfast in boot camp and I know it helped me then, but after I got out I stopped.

So I started eating breakfast 10 days ago. Refrigerator oatmeal seems good. 3/4 cup whole oats with a pinch of raisins, a spoon of stevia and some cinnamon and 1 cup of milk. I heat it up in the microwave before I eat it. The thing is I seem to be loosing weight slowly. No other change in my diet, just that. Someone told me it triggers an insulin response so I have more energy and am more alert.

I guess, I don't know.

I'm the exact opposite. I've eaten a small breakfast (1 egg, 1 slice bacon, 1 English muffin) for the last 30 years. I'm 5'11", 220 and have been for the last 20 years, but my latest blood tests show I'm barely pre-diabetic.

So, I decided to do the 18 hour fast thing, skipping breakfast altogether and eating a normal (light lunch) and dinner. Been at it over a month, plus the gym 3x a week, and haven't lost an ounce. Might be added muscle from the gym, but I'll know when I get my next blood test in a couple weeks. If I'm below the pre-diabetic threshold, I'm not going to worry about it.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Low carb, avoid sugar and most processed food, intermittent fasting. Weird at 1st but easy to maintain over time. Discipline is the key, you have to decide to be healthy over the long term. Regular exercise is extremely important and pays huge benefits. Concentrate on improving cardio and muscular endurance over pure strength and work daily on balance and flexibility. Get up and move for 5 minutes every hour you are awake.

Weigh yourself daily, keep a journal and yes, get a Fit Bit or similar device to keep you honest. If you can maintain this type of regimen for 3 months you will be hooked for life. It feels good to feel good.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Etoh

all food stimulates an insulin response, problem is, a thing called the glycemic index. an arbitrary scale that says some food causes more problems ie. sugars. the scale needs to be put in the list of old wives tales.

With the exception of fat. Probably more accurately stated: all foods except fat that are used for energy, including protein, are converted to glucose to obtain the energy.

Correct me if I’m wrong, pls.

:How technical do you want to get?

proteins are broken into keto acids which can be later converted to other proteins and if they have a tricarboxylic side chain, that can be taken off to go into the Krebs cycle. carbohydrates are made up of carbon,and alcohols , proteins nitrogen, carbon, sulfur.

tricarboxlic acids , such as vinegars, and citrates, can go directly into the citric acid cycle, then into the tricarboxylic acid cycle, they are not turned into glucose and they don't stimulate the production insulin.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
mid chain fats provide more energy per wt. unit than glucose, are first broken into 3 carbon chain units for energy, no glucose no insulin. olive oil best example, but other plants have a lot. Coconuts -- MCT is a good example of a low molecular wt. fat than cross the blood brain barrier, and give energy, relieving the low blood sugar trance feeling/

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
as mentioned different people react differently to diets, and foods
also mentioned was the need to get lab values to help determine where to start.

jeez I wonder why these to things go hand in hand and cause as much a problem as anything else.

Most medical people are trained that if the lab values are within a certain range----- the pat. is ok FOR THAT AGE GROUP,

so while most people show a thyroid level that doesn't raise any flags its still way to low. All the hormones are in this group.

combine low thyroid with insulin resistance, high blood pressure. etc. and choosing some diet because of its color, (or lack of), carbohydrate content (or lack of) gets funnier by the opinion

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Every race is different. Got to figure out what works for your genetics. Race, biology, and differences between them are real. Your life depends on knowing this.

For instance, east asians hammer down the rice and stay healthy. Same with other folks who evolved/were created under asiatic/hydraulic despotism. On the other hand, my sort hammers down the rice (or potatoes or wheat or other carbos) and we bloat and get heart disease and attack or stroke out age 63. If we suck down bacon, eggs, lotsa fatty meat and some low/no carb veggies, and we die at age 92, shot by an irate husband.

Back right before the baloney virus hit, I stopped eating carbohydrates. Aim for zero, be happy with a few. Never really got into ketosis. Lost a lot of weight, have kept it off. Need to take the next step and actively try for ketosis, manage portions, and schedule.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by jfruser
Every race is different. Got to figure out what works for your genetics. Race, biology, and differences between them are real. Your life depends on knowing this.

For instance, east asians hammer down the rice and stay healthy. Same with other folks who evolved/were created under asiatic/hydraulic despotism. On the other hand, my sort hammers down the rice (or potatoes or wheat or other carbos) and we bloat and get heart disease and attack or stroke out age 63. If we suck down bacon, eggs, lotsa fatty meat and some low/no carb veggies, and we die at age 92, shot by an irate husband.

Back right before the baloney virus hit, I stopped eating carbohydrates. Aim for zero, be happy with a few. Never really got into ketosis. Lost a lot of weight, have kept it off. Need to take the next step and actively try for ketosis, manage portions, and schedule.

This is true, as an example and has been shown in statical analysis of lab data Hispanic, are usually low thyroid, Polynesians show up has high glucose early insulin resistance.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
on another note

dont confuse sucrose and glucose

sucrose is table sugar a disaccharide containing fructose and glucose.

when cleaved, fructose is shunted to liver and stored as fat,

an apple a day keeps the doctor away, another old wives tale for the garbage.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Loosing weight? Amount unknown, but I loose some weight into the thunder throne most mornings. grin

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

107 members (5sdad, 673, 406_SBC, 444Matt, 450yukon, 257_X_50, 15 invisible), 1,907 guests, and 807 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,380
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.