Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
NVhntr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I posted a pick of one of mine on another thread but I think this deserves a thread of it's own.
Almost everybody's got one, farmer or not. Let's see 'em!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Not official unless it is in a grove, with knee-high grass concealing at least one spike harrow to act as a trap for the unwary. Random strands of barbed wire lying about, intertwined with various objects and grown into trees are also a must. Old tires lying on their sides and containing rain water and mosquito larvae are also highly recommended.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
NVhntr,

you need to get that terlet out front and put some posies in it. Brighten up the yard for the neighbors.

I've got to go see if I can find a grouse to sluice. I'll get back to this and see if I can find a pic of my boneyard. I'm kind of a piker at it though, compared to a real collector.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Once upon a time I knew of several that were real interesting and a couple were pretty extensive. They all seem to have vanished over the years. Looks like nowadays they are becoming relics from a bygone era. Hope this thread gets some good pictures.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The scrappies have killed a lot of the good bone yards. Someone passes on, the jackals show up and offer a couple thousand cash to the family to clean out the whole yard and it all goes to the crusher frown Used to be a lot of old logging bone yards in the bush around here, stuff back to steam engines pretty much. Same deal..

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I have some steel crap, always making something out of metal.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
There is no such thing as a farmers junkyard. It is just a place that you store your extra stuff until you need some parts off them. Nomatter how many years they have been there, there are always parts you can use for one thing or another. Junkyard mad

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Some of the Indians on the Northern Cheyenne Rez out of Hardin Mt has some houses with some serious junk iron collections surrounding them. Mostly cars. They must never sell a car when they are through with it. There are signs on the highway warning you not to stop your vehicle. Maybe they think you will steal some junk iron.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Not official unless it is in a grove, with knee-high grass concealing at least one spike harrow to act as a trap for the unwary. Random strands of barbed wire lying about, intertwined with various objects and grown into trees are also a must. Old tires lying on their sides and containing rain water and mosquito larvae are also highly recommended.

You been to our farm house ???

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Farmers and ranchers are the original recyclers. Old machinery and equipment is stored in the graveyard and parts are harvested as needed. I am in the process of concentrating all my stuff into one area instead of having it spread all over the place.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
There's an old airplane junkyard near Truman Lake that is getting so grown over with brush that most people would never notice it while driving past.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by 5sdad

You been to our farm house ???

kwg

I've been in its cloned siblings many, many times.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
NVhntr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BluMtn
There is no such thing as a farmers junkyard. It is just a place that you store your extra stuff until you need some parts off them. Nomatter how many years they have been there, there are always parts you can use for one thing or another. Junkyard mad

Well they say "one man's junk is another mans treasure".
I've seen some good ones while traveling the west. There is guy in Utah with a bunch of nice old relic trucks he plants along his fence right next to I-15. I always like passing by and seeing what he's had added.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
NVhntr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
Some of the Indians on the Northern Cheyenne Rez out of Hardin Mt has some houses with some serious junk iron collections surrounding them. Mostly cars. They must never sell a car when they are through with it. There are signs on the highway warning you not to stop your vehicle. Maybe they think you will steal some junk iron.

Sound like the Navajo Res in Northern AZ. Trailer or modular homes with junk cars and other stuff about and they throw their old tires up on their roofs. Always wondered what the deal was with the tires on the roof.
Oh, and almost always a basketball hoop set up in the yard.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salty303
The scrappies have killed a lot of the good bone yards. Someone passes on, the jackals show up and offer a couple thousand cash to the family to clean out the whole yard and it all goes to the crusher frown Used to be a lot of old logging bone yards in the bush around here, stuff back to steam engines pretty much. Same deal..
Where our deer camp is in Pennsylvania, there used to be an oil well and pumping station up on top of the mountain. It was powered by one of those huge single cyllinder hit and miss engines that ran off the crude oil it was pumping. Dad used to still hunt up to that station and mooch a coffee off the old grease monkey and visit with him for a while. All the equipment is long gone. If you didn't know it had been there and walked through there today you'd never know it existed. Every bit of it hauled out by the scrappers.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

yea......practically my whole fuggin neighborhood............

'I'm gonna use that some day'...........

yea right 40 yrs later....................

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I suspect Conrad has some stuff given 100+ years in the business.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
ive got junkers on both sides of my retirement spot down by the creek,brothers crap to the east and a hoarder to the west.i cleaned up my dads old place TOOK ME 2 MONTHS.still have about 150 ft of old implements that i hang on to .ever time i plow the pasture i turn up old metal out behind his old shop

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
645 members (10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 06hunter59, 257man, 71 invisible), 2,946 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,667
Posts18,399,373
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.