Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by lonee
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by lonee
i"ve been studying gunfight info for 50 years and in the US, no civilian has HAD to hit more than 3 people, here in the US, and survived that need, with just a pistol, since the end of the Indian wars. It's pretty rare to have to to hit more than one and very rare to have to hit more than 2. (and still escape with your life, with only a pistol). Some HAVE shot that many, but some of those shot were fleeing. There may be a case of a cop or two having had to hit 4 people, but I've found no documentation of such a thing.

Then you haven't studied very hard.

Name even just ONE. bet you can't. give place, time, date, etc.

Name the last time we had a well financed and well organized Marxist Revolution in the country? Things have changed.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Unless you are Kyle Rittenhouse, an idealistic young man who picked a heck of a good deed to do in that war zone, I'd say ......

........you just never know.

If / then scenarios can go on and on.
I'm just recalling the personal life lessons, so YMWV
Your mileage WILL vary.

1. There's too many variables and situations.
In hindsight even the young kyle would have stayed home that night.
Some here never go to town, unless its full of prairy dogs. Some live in Chicago maybe.

2. If you are going into a known conflict and arming for it, then chances are you work for uncle sam or the local paramil forces....normally leos.
Then that decision has been made for you. It's all uniform and you are g.i.ssue. That's not most of this audience.

3. Carry what you have the most experience with and will have with you considering weather/ clothing, comfort, etc. Extra mags are a good idea, as is a baton, bug repellent... habanero pepper flavoured....flash light. But how often will someone without a huge duty belt who is not leo carry all that?
That's why your choices may change as do circumstances. Priorities change. Keep in mind that not all threats require lethal force. A non lethal force multiplier is more likely to be required. Training in non/ less lethal force multipliers is a good idea too.

4. Your biggest threat would likely be the one(s) you don't expect. There's book shelves of information online and print on situational awareness, etc. That's good to be familiar with. However, what if you are caught off guard because you're asleep at home or away? Example...The weapon might not be within reach. What do you do?
This is why I believe that training in multiple scenareos
is most helpful.

5. You can't choose your enemies/attackers, but you can choose your weapons, training, and practice.

6. Most importantly, if / when you buy the farm, you better know the Judge.

7. If you know the Judge's Son, and befriend Him, he will be there with you through every threat.... even when other friends aren't. When you buy the farm, He will invite you over for dinner. 👍

Just seven related thoughts off the top of my drowsy head. Maybe there's something in there for someone else to glean. If not, peace and have a good weekend.

Happy Camper

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 09/25/20.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Hard to beat a Glock 17 and 3 mags.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Seems a lot of people are also placing a lot of faith that they're going to be able to shoot a couple rounds and all the Antifa and BLM manbun warriors are going to scatter like cockroaches. Even if that has happened in some circumstances, if you think that they are not going to exchange their stupid signs and megaphones for more guns and ammo, I think you're being naive. Especially, if Trump wins, we're going to see an incremental increase in their presence and how well they are armed. You're assuming that we may step up our presence and activities but somehow the other side is just going to just keep doing the same thing.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Does anyone know how to help Kyle Rittenhouse, because they have taken down his "Go Fund Me" accounts and refunded the money? Is he still being held with a $2 million dollar bond? I claim he was innocent based on the films. He only shot in self defense and turned himself in. The people who attacked him have not been charged. The only thing I see he did, was possibly his age (17). He was immediately accused and charged with murder, attempted murder, and having a gun under 18 (a misdemeanor). Now, I didn't see any premeditated murder or attempted murder in the films. He was attacked period.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This argument, debate, or discussion, was obsoleted by the Glock 48 and Shield 15 round magazine

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Seems a lot of people are also placing a lot of faith that they're going to be able to shoot a couple rounds and all the Antifa and BLM manbun warriors are going to scatter like cockroaches. Even if that has happened in some circumstances, if you think that they are not going to exchange their stupid signs and megaphones for more guns and ammo, I think you're being naive. Especially, if Trump wins, we're going to see an incremental increase in their presence and how well they are armed. You're assuming that we may step up our presence and activities but somehow the other side is just going to just keep doing the same thing.

Antifa like's their little S&W Shields and the like in the oversized front pockets. Saw a couple in the local grocery store the other day, and yes, at least one was carrying, probably both.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
Does anyone know how to help Kyle Rittenhouse, because they have taken down his "Go Fund Me" accounts and refunded the money? Is he still being held with a $2 million dollar bond? I claim he was innocent based on the films. He only shot in self defense and turned himself in. The people who attacked him have not been charged. The only thing I see he did, was possibly his age (17). He was immediately accused and charged with murder, attempted murder, and having a gun under 18 (a misdemeanor). Now, I didn't see any premeditated murder or attempted murder in the films. He was attacked period.

His Lawyers have a site where they are taking donations.

Don't worry about his time in jail. On a per hour basis, he will be well compensated for it after the lawsuit.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by viking
Hard to beat a Glock 17 and 3 mags.

As a personal load out.

A good AR and 3 mags beats it readily if you have time to gather up the long gun.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Gang Initiations are a real threat with multiple assailants. You are only naïve once.

Springfield XDM Elite full size 9mm = 22+1 rounds

Don't forget the night sights!

Last edited by keith; 09/25/20.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Another point to be made is to stay away from places where the mobs are.

In today's world, the mobs may come to you.

I know. I hope nobody here has that happen either. It's already been said to use what works best for you. My full length 1911 is what fits that bill for me. It's easier to shoot accurately than any other center fire I have and it's functions flawlessly. Why limit yourself to just one handgun though?

Hurry up election so we can see for sure how much ammo we need!!!!

Nothing wrong with a 1911. Have several. Along with multiple Glocks.
But if your waiting for the Election to “see how much ammo you need”, you’ve already screwed the pooch.

You talkin about Bush? Or Obama?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If you're going to put yourself in the danger we're discussing, why are you only carrying a pistol?

Rioting douche bags are sporting backpacks. My AR pistol fits in one just fine. Along with a few other things. Equip yourself as needed, have a plan, be mobile.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Slavek
.. dress in manner similar to locals and carry
Black Lives Matter shirt with you.

Something tells me you already have blm
bumper stickers as extra insurance.. 😂

Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
.. what if you are caught off
guard...
This is why I believe that training in multiple scenareos
is most helpful.

Camper have you trained to shoot through a
windshield with proficiency?
btw- massad Ayoob says to carry enough safety
glasses and distribute to every occupant...does
any ordinary civilian outside of Ayoob realistically
have such a plan in place ?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
My opinion is first avoid the trouble in the first place if you can. In the event that you may not be able to, try to be armed well enough to deal with whatever situation you may encounter. At the very least always be armed with something and be proficient with it. Lastly, remember throughout recorded history, no one has ever lost a battle by having too much ammo.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Never worried about weapon size, don't have any issues concealing any, therefore don't have to worry about magazines, max capacity mags, and plenty of them on your person, a reliable weapon that you can hit with goes without saying.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm just gonna leave this here, and see what happens... grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

A well known fact.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Higginez

And since we are all thinking ahead, why not have an AR behind the seat and 2 high cap mags on your hip?

If I'm putting myself in the best position to win a gun fight, I'm holding an AR in my hands.

Since they do not OWB very good, I'll take one in the truck over one in the safe at home.

In the neighborhoods that you might need that AR, the one in the truck could very well end up in the hands of the rioters.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Age old argument of what's better, size of the gun for concealment or magazine capacity. But the question now is, have your priorities changed given the current threats? Personally, 5 years ago, I would have opted for a smaller capacity gun that was easy to conceal against a threat of 1-4 criminals. Considering the mob threat on the horizon, my priorities have definitely shifted towards magazine capacity. The idea of having 20-30 bad guys running around me and having a nice, small, comfortable gun with a 7 round mag doesn't sound fun. My carry now is an M&P commander size with 4.25" barrel and a 17+1 capacity. It's bulkier and not as light but I like having those 17 rounds in the gun along with another 34 rounds in a 2 mag belt carrier. What are you guys carrying? Has it changed with Operation Mayhem in effect? Full disclosure, I have not carried nearly as long as many people here. Just speaking my mind and looking for any advice in the new environment. Thanks in advance.

I had never been a high capacity priority guy in my CCW choices. From 1980 (when I got my first CCW license) till about seven years ago, my choices had been revolvers and 1911s. Any departures from 1911s in autos were single stack 9mm. Then, about seven years ago, I started noticing an uptick in mob attacks on people, and switched to Glocks with double stack mags, only rarely switching to a single stack Glock for when not printing was a very high priority. That's been my situation since.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

That's a nice Wilson.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 44automag, 5sdad, 10 invisible), 2,134 guests, and 764 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,388
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.