Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 39 of 40 1 2 37 38 39 40
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ctsmith
I'd pay good money to watch Burns and Blackheart (try to) follow Greg around the mountains.

Greg has a string of mules? shocked

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

It might be even funnier to watch Greg and I on a shooting range cause you know we are talking shooting and scopes in the Optic Forum.

Just Sayin. cool

Last edited by JohnBurns; 09/25/20.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I've got a lung problem, two fake knees, and am almost 60 yrs old. It still wouldn't take me 15 seconds to knock the taste out of his mouth though.

Could you possibly be any lamer?

Says the dude with a fake tan....

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bellydeep
I've got a lung problem, two fake knees, and am almost 60 yrs old. It still wouldn't take me 15 seconds to knock the taste out of his mouth though.

Could you possibly be any lamer?

Says the dude with a fake tan....

John Burns

I have all the sources.

C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C

It might be even funnier to watch Greg and I on a shooting range cause you know we are talking shooting and scopes in the Optic Forum.

Just Sayin. cool

Point is, when you work that hard, subjecting your scope to abuse in the process, you use a real scope.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Just Sayin. cool

Point is, when you work that hard, subjecting your scope to abuse in the process, you use a real scope.

Good point. grin

1102 yds and the Ring just might be GOLD..

Last edited by JohnBurns; 09/25/20.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Now wait a minute John, you have repeatedly ignored Clints question about why leupold isn’t used much by competitors on PRS style ranges. And your answer is always big dead critters. So Greg is out in the hills killing big critters and now it’s all about shooting ranges....I get that you are having a good time yanking chains, but why alienate some of the best shooters and hunters that hang out here? Whatever opportunity you have to share your long range shooting and hunting skills is being wasted with these games, and you can’t even keep your own rules straight.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Chill out, hang out, share your knowledge, and don’t try to bullshit the players. There’s some that don’t trust leupold anymore, and there’s some that do.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
According to Burns, GregW is a dumbass. Rumor has it that Greg has been dumbassing his way around Utah with a muzzleloader...........TBC.

He is most probably a dumbazz but most assured is an EHG kizzazz.

Judman wants me to lay off you a bit but you sure make it hard.

Just Sayin. shocked

Old Burnsie - still playing on the Internet when he should be out hunting.

Funny thing Burns is upon your return to 24HC after Big Stick ran you off, the first thing you shared with us mere mortals was the potential of Gunwerk's demise. Even funnier is when that didn't happen you got real quiet about that subject. It was cute.

I'd keep starting businesses and maybe one day if you make them stick you can be just like Gunwerks selling BS systems to folks who shouldn't be shooting anyways. Wait, isn't that what GreyBull did? Just keep working hard and you may get there one day.

PS - EHG is a cool cat. Sold a gun to him 15 or so years ago and haven't talked to him since.

PPS - you type more smiley faces than any woman I've ever known. It's chickish.

PPS - absolutely no Leupold scopes were used in this application.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Back to glassing, with of course nothing Leupold.....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Greg, very nice buck. I love those high country bucks. My boy (14) got a nice one in the Bob last week too. It fell about 500 ft though, and broke a fork off. He was about 50 yd s from a big Billy goat when we shot it. John is just an ankle biter. He has some good knkwledge, but is such an arrogant ass, that nobody really listens to him. Some people are just that way. Any way, nice buck. Congrats.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by atse
Greg, very nice buck. I love those high country bucks. My boy (14) got a nice one in the Bob last week too. It fell about 500 ft though, and broke a fork off. He was about 50 yd s from a big Billy goat when we shot it. John is just an ankle biter. He has some good knkwledge, but is such an arrogant ass, that nobody really listens to him. Some people are just that way. Any way, nice buck. Congrats.

Oh I know - grin....

Almost happened with this guy. One log stopped him or he would have slid a looong ways.

I'm glassing from a goat bed as I type...grin...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Just Sayin. cool

A scope on a muzzleloader ? I guess if you don't know how or don't want to hunt and just want to kill shyt. I've never wanted or needed one on mine.

C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
This is really getting side tracked but a lot don't realize what goes into a buck like that. First, its an easy tag and no other hunter has even been glassed up, a testimony to the difficulty and logistics behind hunting in that area. Many extended night trips from home to the hills for scouting. Several overnight trips beforehand stashing water, as there is none at these elevations. Thousands of feet elevation gain daily. No good rest unless you enjoy sleeping on a 45 on rocks. And when you do kill a buck, you are screwed LOL.

I'll save my money and go to Mexico, thank you very much.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Always love your pics and details on your hunts Greg. Nice work buddy. Congrats again.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Just Sayin. cool

A scope on a muzzleloader ? I guess if you don't know how or don't want to hunt and just want to kill shyt. I've never wanted or needed one on mine.

Oh fuuck...

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by GregW
According to Burns, GregW is a dumbass. Rumor has it that Greg has been dumbassing his way around Utah with a muzzleloader...........TBC.

Just Sayin. shocked

Funny thing Burns is upon your return to 24HC after Big Stick ran you off, the first thing you shared with us mere mortals was the potential of Gunwerk's demise. Even funnier is when that didn't happen you got real quiet about that subject. It was cute.

I'd keep starting businesses and maybe one day if you make them stick you can be just like Gunwerks selling BS systems to folks who shouldn't be shooting anyways. Wait, isn't that what GreyBull did? Just keep working hard and you may get there one day.

PS - EHG is a cool cat. Sold a gun to him 15 or so years ago and haven't talked to him since.

🔨

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GregW

Just Sayin. shocked

Good lord almighty that’s a buck of a lifetime wow!!!

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WoW! Very nice. Congrats Greg.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 270jrk
Now wait a minute John, you have repeatedly ignored Clints question about why leupold isn’t used much by competitors on PRS style ranges. And your answer is always big dead critters. So Greg is out in the hills killing big critters and now it’s all about shooting ranges....I get that you are having a good time yanking chains, but why alienate some of the best shooters and hunters that hang out here? Whatever opportunity you have to share your long range shooting and hunting skills is being wasted with these games, and you can’t even keep your own rules straight.

He can't help himself.

Regarding Leupos in PRS, some of the Mark 5 shooters have been doing really well with that scope. I don't follow PRS that closely, but over the past year, it seems like the Mark 5 has made a mark, pun intended.

Just a few of the shooters using the Mark 5 in PRS:

-Koenig won the 2019 Production division
-Jon Pynch is currently ranked 7th
-Morgun King is currently ranked 1st place

I quit buying Leupolds awhile ago, but all the feedback that I've gotten from people is that the Mark 5 is proving to be very reliable, durable, and repeatable. I've heard this from recreational shooters, a reputable vendor, and guys in the military. And none are Leupold fan boys, at all.

I heard one of the product development leaders state that they are turning things around at Leupo. He didn't outright state that the Mark 5 was the product of that transformation, but said change is slow there.

I think all of this is good news for those of us who might have stopped buying their scopes, but are looking to support them again.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That’s good to hear! I’m not completely opposed to buying leupold again, but it’ll be very cautiously if I do. I’ll go take a look at that mark 5 , thanks for the info.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by FOsteology
WoW! Very nice. Congrats Greg.

Indeed!

Page 39 of 40 1 2 37 38 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
699 members (160user, 12344mag, 21, 12308300, 17CalFan, 16Racing, 68 invisible), 2,716 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,621
Posts18,398,558
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.