Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
lonee Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Wilson got it from me, and I got it from Thell reed. It's a draw and 6 hits on the chest at 7 yds, as fast as you can, Openly worn, but concealable rig, no compensator, no red dot sight. I average 2 seconds with the Sig P938 pocket 9mm.worn behind the strong side hip. Concalment under a T shirt slows me down about. .30 second. It's a pretty good overall test-standard of speed and accuracy.It would be a lot more realistic if it was 2 hits on each of 2 targets, concealed at 10 ft, That one, I can usually average under 1.80 seconds.

BP-B2

P
PWN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Post a video and your fast and fancy shooting.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by lonee
Wilson got it from me, and I got it from Thell reed. It's a draw and 6 hits on the chest at 7 yds, as fast as you can, Openly worn, but concealable rig, no compensator, no red dot sight. I average 2 seconds with the Sig P938 pocket 9mm.worn behind the strong side hip. Concalment under a T shirt slows me down about. .30 second. It's a pretty good overall test-standard of speed and accuracy.It would be a lot more realistic if it was 2 hits on each of 2 targets, concealed at 10 ft, That one, I can usually average under 1.80 seconds.

[Linked Image from cdn.totalsororitymove.com]

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Tell us more.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The guys juggling 3 or 4 active threads here; you have to be patient.
So much knowledge to impart to us unwashed and ignorant. He's a Saint!

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Don't know a Bill Drill, but I know a moron when I run across one.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I shot IPSC for a few years, Bill Drills, El Presadentes, etc. Would love to hear some more history of the beginning, stories of the originators etc. If you are one, I'd love to meet you, & offer a cyber handshake.

Slow down, let us get to know you.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Mall Ninja

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I was about to mention the “El Presadente”.

Probably a better practice for self-defense.

3 targets at 7 yards.
Back to targets, turn, draw and put two in each target, re load and two more in each target.

The story I was told was it is based on an assassination attempt on the President of Mexico, and the actions of a skilled body guard

MOLON LABE
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
My 4 year old usually just throws herself down and kicks when she wants attention but everyone is different I guess

L
lonee Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by Anaconda
I was about to mention the “El Presadente”.

Probably a better practice for self-defense.

3 targets at 7 yards.
Back to targets, turn, draw and put two in each target, re load and two more in each target.

The story I was told was it is based on an assassination attempt on the President of Mexico, and the actions of a skilled body guard

no it's not. The range is 10 yds, targets 3 yds apart, edge to edge. Cooper told us, when we set up the iPSC in 1976, that he came up with it at the behest of some guys that he trained in S america. His inspiration was some guy in beirut, who bumped into 3 guys who had slung aks. He had a 1911 in a shoulder rig, drew and hammered all 3, got behind cover, swapped mags and left. The guy said he did it so fast, he didn't know if he got them all, but nobody chased him.

El presidente is much too slow. The range is too long, too many shots, at too many targets to be practical You're standing there, fully exposed for at least 2 seconds. That's a long time to let enemies shoot at you. The range should be 10 ft, the targets much closer together, and you'd better get it done in 1.5 seconds, or the third guy is going to get off a couple of shots at you. and the second guy is going to get off one shot. Jeff thought that if you could get 2 on each of 3 in 4 seconds, that was "fast enough'. Ha! the third guy would get to empty his magazine at you if you were that slow,

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Bullschit.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
L
lonee Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by gunzo
I shot IPSC for a few years, Bill Drills, El Presadentes, etc. Would love to hear some more history of the beginning, stories of the originators etc. If you are one, I'd love to meet you, & offer a cyber handshake.

IPSC started in 1976, in Columbia, MO, but the SWPL had been conducting similar matches since the late 50's. That sprang out of Jeff' creating the annual Leatherslap, a simple draw and hit stage, 5 tries, 7 yds, 10" disk. The early winners used SA revolvers. Then some DA revolvers did well, Jeff wanted to create a more practical, defensive training sort of thing, to make himself rich, and he succeeded beyond his dreams. As the matches became ever more broad as to what skills were tested, the autoloaders took over. He set things up to handicap the 9mm's, but they eventually won-out. The scoring rings favor the .45, IF you dont stay in the 10" A zone, which is scored the same, for "minor" and "major" calibers. We used the ballistic pendulum to test for wussy loads, and caught Raul Waters cheating, big time, at the 79 Nationals. His 45 loads didn't even make Minor caliber recoil standards.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

IPSC started in 1976, in Columbia, MO, but the SWPL had been conducting similar matches since the late 50's. That sprang out of Jeff' creating the annual Leatherslap, a simple draw and hit stage, 5 tries, 7 yds, 10" disk. The early winners used SA revolvers. Then some DA revolvers did well, Jeff wanted to create a more practical, defensive training sort of thing, to make himself rich, and he succeeded beyond his dreams. As the matches became ever more broad as to what skills were tested, the autoloaders took over. He set things up to handicap the 9mm's, but they eventually won-out. The scoring rings favor the .45, IF you dont stay in the 10" A zone, which is scored the same, for "minor" and "major" calibers. We used the ballistic pendulum to test for wussy loads, and caught Raul Waters cheating, big time, at the 79 Nationals. His 45 loads didn't even make Minor caliber recoil standards.

What year were you diagnosed as a retard?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
L
lonee Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
The Leatherslap become foolishness, with guys using "open front" holsters, which were just a shelf upon which the gun sat. It woiuld fall out of the rig if you coughed. The starting position for the hands. was "obvious hand distance", which is still used in Fast Draw SA revolver blank and wax shooting to this day. Jeff wanted the surrender hand start and a secure holster for IPSC matches, so we set up such restrictions. Bill french tried one hand point shooting for 8 years straight on the leatherslap finally put 5 hits together, for an average time of .57, and SWPL retired the leatherslap, saying nobody was ever going to beat that. I had Bob Arganbright make me an open front rig for my 1911 and had no problems at all averaging in the low .50' second times, going to the Weaver and low .40's with one hand points. The latter are very easy to hit with, using an open front rig and the "hovering" hand-start position. But SWPL killed off the match, and the rig instilled bad habits, like not pulling up on the gun, which is necessary for any concealable, secured rig. So I abandoned the open front.rig

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As a teenager, I played such games with my Model 18 .22 revolver.
All quick draw instinct (no aiming) shooting at close ranges at drink cans (usually hit 5 of 6), paper plates (easy to put a hole in all 6) , etc.
Graduated to .38/.357 Model 19 and kept it up at Dallas Pistol Club along with Pistol Silly with metal flop over targets (25,50,75,100 yards) until I retired to the country.
Now most of my hand gun work involves shooting rats, snakes, skunks and such varmints.

As an aside, it is interesting to see the effect on other folks when they see a magnum sized sidearm in an open holster. In fishing or hunting camp my wife and I always did open carry to set the ground rules up front in a friendly and non verbal fashion.

CRS, NRA Benefactor Life Member, Whittington Center, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Android Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
L
lonee Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by deflave

L
lonee Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by deflave

Is that the best you got, punk?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
715 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 11point, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 160user, 90 invisible), 2,724 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,890
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.