Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by clwg97
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
On the way home G said he remembered there was some Remington 30 carbine on the bench with the 223 , but never dawned on him the fellow with the 98 would not know or ask what ammo .
Glad I left , I like beer and a drink as much as anybody , but a group of people drinking heavy while handling firearms ain't for me .
Anything from stupidity to short fuses can happen , Kenneth

This Reminds me of a time a couple guys were sighting in muzzeloaders. Even worse with Beer is mixed with smokepoles. I left and heard later a guy ended up shooting his muzzeloader with the ramrod still in it. Glad I missed that!

Lots of guys have done this, including me. The rest are liars.

BP-B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
375 winchester ammo at walmart?

Lucky bastid

It was 30 years ago. Walmarts here don’t even sell ammo any more, much less guns.

Yeah...and the stores entitled Sporting Goods in Yankee Land mean tennis balls, hoops goals, golf balls, and sleds!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our club opens our range one day in the fall for "Hunters sight in day", we invite the public out , we provide targets, spotting scopes and an instructor for each station. I went out there to help a couple of years but finally quit, it was so goofy and so dangerous even with a sharp-eyed range officer. Guys would walk into the range with a loaded gun, one in the chamber and all. Guys with the wrong ammo. Guys with no ammo. Guys with their scope mounted 90 degrees out of whack. Guys letting their muzzles paint everyone on the firing line. Guys who could hit a paper plate at 100 yards and call it "good enough for deer".

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have seen scopes mounted backwards and I have seen guys trying to sight their rifle in from the off hand position

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
The mini 14 thread reminded me of this situation ,
You think it has been patented yet ?
Believe it or not , saw a 98 welded up once . 22-250 , bull barrel from he'll, barrel welded to the reciever , bffscope bases welded to the receiver. We were zeroing for deer season and this guy shows up with this thing .
I said , who the he'll built that ?
Was the biggest barrel in girth and length I have ever seen . Fellow couldn't get two bullets to hit close together to save his azz .
I was concerned about the strength of the receiver being compromised from the heat of the massive welds .
Said something about it but seemed there was more booze than sense in the group , so I left .
Next day the guy who owned the property showed up and tells me the fellow with the 98 had asked him to shoot his 110 in 223 and he told him to go ahead .
Didn't watch him and he heard the guy say the bullet didn't hit the target and the bolt wouldn't open .
The land owner ,G , got pissed and ran him off . So G ask me what I thought , bolt wouldn't budge so I told him to take it to a local Smith.
When he got a call I rode with him to pick it up .
A 110 must be a strong action, Smith said a 30 carbine had been fired in it and some how the bullet swaged down or fragmented and went out the barrel .
He handed G a baggie with a fragmented carbine case in it and I said , that gun is ruined ,
Smith smiled and said he thought the same .
But bore scoped the barrel while he had it off , receiver and bolt checked out , reassembled and test fired it a couple times , functioned fine .
I thought that was Fugging amazing, guess G probably still has it. Somewheres I still have the fragmented case , thought it would make a good conversation piece.
Kenneth

The 30c is a low pressure rd 60 or so years ago, P O Ackley did some horrendous things trying to blow up some bolt actions. They are amazingly strong.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Hell, we've got a guy right here on this forum who thinks a hack saw, pipe wrench and hammer are about all you need for gunsmithing tools. Course he decorates his rifles with clown colors and kiddie stickers and thinks the creek is a good place to keep them too. The dumb fuuck even has a bunch of fan boys on here.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I had a friend bought a new rem 700 in 270 and called me and said it didn't shoot right and it hardly kicked at all. He brought it over and pulled it out of the case and the first thing I said was that's not a 270 bore. It was stamped 270 but was a 30 cal bore. Looked like a 30-06 got stamped 270. I told him to keep it as a collectible but he sent it back to Remington.

I ended up building him a 270 with a SF takeoff barrel from an Alaskan Ti. He probably has 100 guns but the one I put together for him is all he's hunted with for the last 10 years or so.

Bb

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
745 members (10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 87 invisible), 2,716 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,702
Posts18,399,996
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.