It's not cost effective to buy boxes made in China 🤣

grin

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I'm guessing some here would shyt if they found out where some of the parts in their favorite guns came from.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
They must got a overwhelming response from the shooting community as there email is not working as of now. Boycott them boys. I can understand cheap labor but what china did to the whole world, ill spend more for what I want

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
So how is touting buying a Sig rangefinder Hecho En China different from buying a Burris product made in China?
Some folks’ hypocrisy knows no bounds...
I have four Burris scopes, 3 Signature Selects made in USA and a FourX made in the Philippines for the Euro market. All great scopes for their intended purpose. I also run some older Leupold scopes in the VX-II line which were made in the USA but who can guarantee every piece part was made wherever? I have a Leica rangefinder made in Portugal but probably has some Asian parts in it. I do try to avoid Chinese junk.

But trashing Burris and Cameraland shows you are more than a little butthurt over an issue that can be simply avoided.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I'm guessing some here would shyt if they found out where some of the parts in their favorite guns came from.

....and parts in their big jacked-up pickups! LOL! 🤣🤣🤣

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I am going to hell for sure. I just ordered a Burris scope from Cabela's, using my points. Damn those free scopes! We are stuck in a world-wide economy that includes China. That fact is not going to change, no matter how many multi-thousand dollar scopes people buy from Europe "for the good of the order". There is no better scope around than the SWFA scopes and they are foreign made-probably some parts from China.

If you want to make your statement, then pay extra money for a half-working Leupold that is supposedly made in America, or just buy what works for your particular needs.

I am by no means pro-China, but also realize that it is virtually impossible to buy ANYTHING that is not at least partly foreign made.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So you say SWFA is the best scope around? What tells you that?

As to choices in what to buy, not one of us on this site, would die or suffer, if we never bought another scope or optical device. They are not 'Essential' basics.......

America better get it together, a majority of Drug ingredients that are used for meds used by Americans, are China sourced.......do you think President Xi would mind those ingredients causing cancer or harm? Buyer beware as they say..........

I for one, would love to have all products have COO stated clearly in their description, before purchase. You won't catch me buying anything from China when there is an alternative.

Folks have to decide what is more important......a price savings, or your livelihood and our nation, that will be passed on to our children, and so on.

U$D spent, circulating and kept INSIDE America, is Far healthier IMHO, or at least NOT sent to enemies of state, Communist for starters.

You choose........I have.

Last edited by 65BR; 09/26/20.
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
While I have nothing against Doug and Cameraland, what is being said here is not aimed soles at that business. I've bought from Cameraland in the past, was treated very well and I was very satisfied with the purchase. That was then, back before online buying, but this is now when our country and livelihood is at stake. Totally different times.
We can come up with all kinds of emotional reasons of why we want to support companies that buy from a country who's sole intent is to destroy our Freedoms and our way of life along with our children's future. We can explain that away all we like, but the facts still remain of the intent of China towards our economy and country. You can put a tuxedo on an Ape, but it is still an Ape.
As far as I am concerned, this is a time where companies and individuals have a choice to make. As I swore years ago................."Against all Enemies both Foreign and Domestic".
I stand by that oath.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Don’t think you will find a person here who would be against eliminating our dependence on China. The problem is like mentioned above, we are in a world wide market, like it or not. I for one have an issue with a person trying to claim the moral high ground on one brand/company/retailer while supporting other MiC goods.

Just in the outdoor space their is a pretty extensive list of companies that hunters support with MiC products, Sitka, Kuiu, Vortex, First Lite, Badlands, Tenzing and the list goes on, this doesn’t even account for the companies that assemble in the US with sourced product. My point is, if you’re going to try to single out one retailer, you better be willing to dump them all, Sportsman Warehouse, Cabelas, Bass Pro, Scheels and the list goes on, pretty sure it goes without saying, not one person here is, or is going to ever do that. It’s the holier than though stance some make on certain products that rub me wrong.

Pretty much everyone of us is typing this on a MiC device.

Last edited by SLM; 09/26/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K22 - I hear you Sir, thanks for your service.

I've had great dealings with Doug, and wish him success and feel he has done a great job dealing with his customers. Truth told I was never a person to buy optics and other goods when given a choice, that are made in China, before 2020........but have and will look at the various products they offer as he carries a large variety of brands made in various places. That's true of many vendors.

Perhaps Burris and others will re-think how to move forward. It seems it would be a win-win if Burris went back to the old ways, and proudly had Made in the USA on all their products.

I'd rather have 5 quality products I am proud of that are well built, to last........vs. say 20 made in China.

No doubt about your point K-22, it's no secret, China would bury us - the USA economically etc. if they could, but they NEED the USA to feed them our dollars to help them build their country. I think their gravy train has stalled greatly...

Perhaps Burris and other companies will read this thread and hear from many consumers wanting to maximize keeping U$D inside the USA.

Last edited by 65BR; 09/26/20.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SLM, you make good points, but as MORE American and Global consumers SHUN MIC products, businesses will re-think where they source products. Not only do I foresee China taking a Big hit, and perhaps never returning to what it has been, across ALL manufacturing......but I predict many American Corporations will leave China.

Now whether they do like Buck knives as I referred to earlier, and return that mfg. here in the USA, remains to be seen, but you can bet, ANY and EVERY business is learning not to put all your eggs in China.......and that consumers are choosing to shun MIC.

Now will APPLE, DELL, etc leave China, NIKE? All those decisions will likely be made based on one thing. The BOTTOM LINE which is what drove them to China to begin with.

Imagine if they faced competition from products completely Made in the USA.........I can imagine they'd quickly gain market share.

I truly see a conscious revival of Patriotism to support Made in USA and Cancel China purchases wherever possible. No doubt global trade will never cease, not likely in our lifetimes, but imagine what America would be, if we brought back 50, 60, 75% of the jobs and mfg. that was sent there.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Cliff,

Even as low as 20% return from China would make a definite hit and large improvement. If nothing else it would severely dampen their growth and military ability.

RC

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by WAM
So how is touting buying a Sig rangefinder Hecho En China different from buying a Burris product made in China?
Some folks’ hypocrisy knows no bounds...
I have four Burris scopes, 3 Signature Selects made in USA and a FourX made in the Philippines for the Euro market. All great scopes for their intended purpose. I also run some older Leupold scopes in the VX-II line which were made in the USA but who can guarantee every piece part was made wherever? I have a Leica rangefinder made in Portugal but probably has some Asian parts in it. I do try to avoid Chinese junk.

But trashing Burris and Cameraland shows you are more than a little butthurt over an issue that can be simply avoided.

Butthurt, hardly. LOL

Frankly I don't believe I have trashed CLNY, they're a retailer and make the choices they make to get our business. I owe them nothing. If anyone has been informed that Burris is now producing scopes in China and uses that in their decision making, it's perfectly satisfying to me.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Again, pretty hypocritical and chickenshit to bring it into a paying sponsors thread.

Doug willingly answered the question months ago, you commented about it in that thread as well. Then you bring it up out of the blue months later, guess some just like attention.

Again, thanks for breaking the great mystery.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
SLM,
Your point indicating that cell phones, computers, and other communicating are made in China was not lost on me, but you have over looked a couple things. First, they pretty much have the entire communication device market, then there is what I believe MtnBoomer was actually pointing out on his disgust with Burris. Burris made this choice when the entire countries push is towards manufacturing in the USA. Also a big part of Pres. Trump's Presidency. It appears that Burris is giving Americans a huge middle finger.
So I find it very comforting that we are hitting China with 25% plus in tariffs. And if US companies want to still manufacture in China it is going to cost them............BIG.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
One could, if one wanted, and followed the news, make the case that Gemany is trying to establish the Fouth Reich by various stratagems instead of force of arms, which didn't work out so well for them a couple of times, all the while hiding behind our military. That would make them sneaky fuggers that shouldn't be supported by buying their beer, optics, chocolate, etc either, as opposed to overt enemies like the PRC. Pretty much the whole world is trying to screw us in some way or another, openly or covertly, because we've let them get away with it since the end of WWII, from which we emerged stronger and richer, while almost everyone else got devastated in whole or part. Trump has started the process of ending that situation, which is why the World hates him so much, including the Globalist pukes here. If we continue to be energy independent, technically innovative, reduce stupid regulation, and protect our ideas, we'll end up even stronger and richer, with everyone dependent on us, instead of us dependent on cheap foreign goods to maintain a phony high standard of living.

Unfortunately, there's only one Trump, who has at most four more years, and no clear successor with the doodads to finish the job.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by SLM
Again, pretty hypocritical and chickenshit to bring it into a paying sponsors thread.

Doug willingly answered the question months ago, you commented about it in that thread as well. Then you bring it up out of the blue months later, guess some just like attention.

TTT

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RC, I agree.
K22- exactly

In general, of all the countries that makes optics, China is the one trying to dominate US - the USA, and the World, and if unchecked may accomplish that.......and it will be our own fault.

Are American's willing to pay the price to lose our position, and accept the consequences? I think not.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I understand most all electronic devices are from China, my point was, we all have guilt in where we are with MiC goods. I think most would agree that it sucks Burris decided to source some lines to China. It was back in January/February that Burris released the IV line, which means it was in the works for years before that. In the current climate would Burris make the same decision? Who knows.

I wouldn’t have given this post a second thought if the OP hadn’t felt the need to sh it on an add with this thread already going. I like most would love to end our dependence on China, but I get a little tired of people getting on a soap box regarding one product or retailer when they are complacent with another. There’s a certain political party that follows the same tactics.

Guess I’m a little touchy on it cause I deal with the same hypocrisy in my profession, no MiC products, unless it’s convenient.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Let me help you bumping it again.

You never got back to me about those Monarch 3’s?

Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by SLM

TTT

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 75 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,689
Posts18,456,498
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.