Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
lonee Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
I think that an emp would wipe it out, and that govt can shut it down I DO wish, tho, that I'd put $1000 into it when it was a dollar. Stefan Molyneux told everyone to do so when it was several hundred $ per coin. that would have helped a lot. Govt wants do to away with anything that they can't control, which is why they hate precious metals.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One thought that I haven’t changed since buying in 2013 is its a swing for the fence.

And while crypto currency is the future of currency, BTC only still exists because its the common vehicle on which all other cryptocurrency is traded.

What BTC has against it is slow to transfer and governments can’t manipulate it. Not many people are going to tolerate waiting more than 30 seconds for a transaction, much less hours and governments need elastic money.

Its days are numbered, but since I already pulled out 400% of my original investment, I’m letting the remainder ride to see what happens.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
L
lonee Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
a sound strategy. did you get into it with $500? :-)

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'll stick with the greenback dollar, swap enough for Canadian when we can spend those.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by lonee
a sound strategy. did you get into it with $500? :-)

I bought in numerous times between $160 and $250. Cashed some out when it passed $10k. I should have waited, but who knows these things as they happen?

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have tools for amatuer gunsmithing. A young software engineer came over and made an R2D2 robot in my shop.

He invested in Bitcoin and made enough money to buy his own mill and lathe.

I am an old man. I would not invest a dime in blockchain money.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'll stick with the greenback dollar, swap enough for Canadian when we can spend those.

There is no such thing as a green back dollar. I bet you dont have a $1, $5, $10, ........$100 bill in your pockets or billfold.

They are Federal Reserve Notes.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/26/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I think that an emp would wipe it out, and that govt can shut it down I DO wish, tho, that I'd put $1000 into it when it was a dollar. Stefan Molyneux told everyone to do so when it was several hundred $ per coin. that would have helped a lot. Govt wants do to away with anything that they can't control, which is why they hate precious metals.

Not Trump.

Sept, 2019. "The US should be the gold standard of the world", DJT.

MAGA

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by RayF
One thought that I haven’t changed since buying in 2013 is its a swing for the fence.

And while crypto currency is the future of currency, BTC only still exists because its the common vehicle on which all other cryptocurrency is traded.

What BTC has against it is slow to transfer and governments can’t manipulate it. Not many people are going to tolerate waiting more than 30 seconds for a transaction, much less hours and governments need elastic money.

Its days are numbered, but since I already pulled out 400% of my original investment, I’m letting the remainder ride to see what happens.

So, what alternative currency are you investing in?

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

lonee,

You have been reported as a fugk tard.

You will be banned shortly.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
How many bitcoins are there? What will the price go to when every millionaire in America decides they want to unload some green fiat toilet paper to buy one?

How long has the longest non metal govt backed currency ever survived?

whistle

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

😂🤣🤪

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My friend who worked at Intel told me to buy all I could at $300. My wife agreed I could put $10,000 in. I almost did but hesitated because I didn't understand it and thought if my computer went down or I lost a thumb drive I'd loose everything. I didn't know you could print the codes off on paper.

My friend went all in. He even started getting his paychecks in bitcoin. When it went up he quit his job and is now retired at 47 and traveling the world. Last I talked to him bitcoin had come down to around $9000 so now he's only worth $36 million.

Bb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think that an emp would wipe it out, .

I have a secret security clearance to know the EMP levels.

But I can tell you I do the same things in my designs to protect against EMP as I do for lightning, transients, and static electricity.

What scares me is CME, corona mass ejection from the sun. That is what wiped out the telegraph system in 1959. I could design fixes for power stations, but so could a lot of guys. Big money goes for climate change hoax, and very little for CME.

The CME between lunar missions would have killed the astronauts if they had been outside the earth's magnetic field when it happened. CME makes getting to mars or staying on mars is a big problem.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
My friend who worked at Intel told me to buy all I could at $300. My wife agreed I could put $10,000 in. I almost did but hesitated because I didn't understand it and thought if my computer went down or I lost a thumb drive I'd loose everything. I didn't know you could print the codes off on paper.

My friend went all in. He even started getting his paychecks in bitcoin. When it went up he quit his job and is now retired at 47 and traveling the world. Last I talked to him bitcoin had come down to around $9000 so now he's only worth $36 million.

Bb

Theres a guy on youtube that basically bought a Lamborghini for free. His dream car. Bought into Bitcoin early at a modest investment in college.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Had a 3 - 4 of them in our business park a couple years ago.

All have since vacated.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
My son is a computer geek and built a specialized computer to data mine for them. He encouraged me to buy when they were under 3 dollars. I just wasn't to sure about the whole bitcoin wallet and using the darkweb thing.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
In 2012 a genius neighbor kid came over to help fix my computer we talked about Bitcions told me it was the future and a great investment...at that time I thought they were for dealing on the dark web only....I bought 1700 bitcoins $510....used them to buy on the internet took them for payment sold some off at spikes to investors at one time had over 6000 ... December 2017 I did cash in some at over $19'000 each...

I've done a lot better on Bitcoin than the $325 a ounce gold or silver coins from the 60's-70's I collect on my paper route....

That 37 year old kid down the street he has never had a job and lives off investments and Bitcoins....

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm out. Good luck to you who own bitcoin.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Good luck to you who own bitcoin.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

348 members (1Longbow, 1lesfox, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 30 invisible), 2,734 guests, and 958 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,282
Posts18,467,767
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.