Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
lonee Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
which ones, and why. I have some junk silver quarters. I got a great deal on a few 1/10th oz gold eagles a while back, as well as a couple of 1 oz Eagles The rest are all gold buffalos, cause they are such a lovely sight. With all the money that they are printing, gold can't possibly be less than 3k an oz by 2022 and 4k the next year. We'll be lucky if it's not 10k by then, actually

GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Silver's been dropping like a rock this last week.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
L
lonee Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
I dont regard silver as being worth much in the way of my preps. It's too bulky for no more than it's worth. I"d have to leave it in a bank vault, and I hate that idea.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I dabbled in numismatics, if I could do it over it would just be bullion.

It's hard to get the perceived value hyped when buying, at selling time.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I wish I had more bullion and less numismatics as well. The same places that are selling 08 0amdas for $80 are o ly paying spot. I can never get anywhere close to what things are supposedly worth. They always have a huge spread on numismatics and just a few bucks on bullion.

Bb

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
All PMs fluctuate relative to the price of gold and the big boys have been manipulating the price of gold for quite some time.

$2000 an ounce makes them nervous. Gold got a bit over $2000 an ounce recently and the big boys started hammering it down.

The Federal Reserve buys huge quantities of gold. They don't like to pay any more for it than they have to.

https://www.birchgold.com/news/fed-gold-buying-may-be-the-policy-option-of-choice/

Over the past two years, central banks around the world stunned pundits by purchasing roughly 650 tons of bullion in both 2018 and 2019.

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
I have some coin. Some real sought after bullion too

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
.9999 fine coins for me.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Why don't you show your address so we can contact you?

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
Try it

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Silver is dropping because the dollar is gaining strength. Despite the amount of QE the Fed is generating, its placing it in OMO. This makes the dollar appear strong and in comparison to what the rest of the world is doing, it is.

Everybody’s digging the same hole. We just happen to have the brand of shovel that everyone wants to buy.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
L
lonee Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
for now, but the rest of the world is smarter than the US citizen, so they'll start demanding more $ for the things that they sell to us, which will drive up the price of everything. People who dont get into PM' are going to be very sorry that they did not, an very soon too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have 3 ounces of 24 carrot gold and a coffee cup of silver coins. I think they do me no good.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
double eagles

In God We Trust
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by lonee
for now, but the rest of the world is smarter than the US citizen, so they'll start demanding more $ for the things that they sell to us, which will drive up the price of everything. People who dont get into PM' are going to be very sorry that they did not, an very soon too.

Perhaps, but that’s where Trump shines. That won’t happen without a trade war.

I’m of the belief that the rest of the world’s central banks have their eyes on the USD and while nobody’s heading for the exits, their preparing themselves for just that. Secretly taxing us (through inflation) and buying into PMs.

As far as the OP’s question: Gold and silver eagles are recognized everywhere, but at this ratio, silver is the buy. When it drops below 40:1, start trading for gold.

- Socrates
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've seen lots of good faked bullion coming out of China the last decade or so. I've bought more junk silver since then mostly mercury dimes. I haven't seen many faked old US coins other than dollars.

Bb

L
lonee Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by RayF
Originally Posted by lonee

Perhaps, but that’s where Trump shines. That won’t happen without a trade war.

I’m of the belief that the rest of the world’s central banks have their eyes on the USD and while nobody’s heading for the exits, their preparing themselves for just that. Secretly taxing us (through inflation) and buying into PMs.

As far as the OP’s question: Gold and silver eagles are recognized everywhere, but at this ratio, silver is the buy. When it drops below 40:1, start trading for gold.

the ratio thing is a crock. We dont destroy thousands of tons of silver per year anymore, as we used to do with developing photographic film. I keep a bit of silver, to get started if things deteriorate to where currency is worthless. People will be happy to trade silver for gold at that point, cause nobody wants to lug around all that silver.

L
lonee Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by Terryk
I have 3 ounces of 24 carrot gold and a coffee cup of silver coins. I think they do me no good.

no insurance does you any good until you need it, but you're nuts to not have any.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Friend buried four 100 oz. silver bars in the kids sandbox yesterday for a treasure hunt. They went back into the safe after, but they’re the kids, now.

He has gold, too. I don’t know how much.

But he has no guns, so of the SHTF, I have a standing invite to stay at his farm.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Friend buried four 100 oz. silver bars in the kids sandbox yesterday for a treasure hunt. They went back into the safe after, but they’re the kids, now.

He has gold, too. I don’t know how much.

But he has no guns, so of the SHTF, I have a standing invite to stay at his farm.

Good stuff!

- Socrates
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

717 members (1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 19rabbit52, 71 invisible), 3,109 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,582
Posts18,454,200
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.