Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by RayF
Originally Posted by lonee
for now, but the rest of the world is smarter than the US citizen, so they'll start demanding more $ for the things that they sell to us, which will drive up the price of everything. People who dont get into PM' are going to be very sorry that they did not, an very soon too.

Perhaps, but that’s where Trump shines. That won’t happen without a trade war.

I’m of the belief that the rest of the world’s central banks have their eyes on the USD and while nobody’s heading for the exits, their preparing themselves for just that. Secretly taxing us (through inflation) and buying into PMs.

As far as the OP’s question: Gold and silver eagles are recognized everywhere, but at this ratio, silver is the buy. When it drops below 40:1, start trading for gold.

This. Gold and silver are up a lot in dollars over the last 20 years. Money is worth a whole lot less. It takes almost twice as much money to buy a car or house now. The gold is not worth more. The dollar is worth a lot less.

Im pretty sure CBs are selling dollars and buying metals, as is China and Warren Buffet. He just bought tons of Barack Res.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/26/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
BP-B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I've seen lots of good faked bullion coming out of China the last decade or so. I've bought more junk silver since then mostly mercury dimes. I haven't seen many faked old US coins other than dollars.

Bb

This.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
the ratio thing is a crock. We dont destroy thousands of tons of silver per year anymore, as we used to do with developing photographic film.

We don’t, however, electronics/solar panels, etc. have increased and silver mining has all but stopped. Essentially, manipulated futures prices and the cost to process silver has created the conditions for the current supply to quickly diminish beyond a feasible mining effort should the masses want to buy physical. The spot price has already detached from the market price. When gold climbs, it drags silver with it (albeit on a bungee cord). I respectfully disagree about the ratio, but we should see here before too long.

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
the ratio thing is a crock. We dont destroy thousands of tons of silver per year anymore, as we used to do with developing photographic film.

We don’t, however, electronics/solar panels, etc. have increased and silver mining has all but stopped. Essentially, manipulated futures prices and the cost to process silver has created the conditions for the current supply to quickly diminish beyond a feasible mining effort should the masses want to buy physical. The spot price has already detached from the market price. When gold climbs, it drags silver with it (albeit on a bungee cord). I respectfully disagree about the ratio, but we should see here before too long.

This. Iirc, there are more oz of gold floating around than silver. When economies get back on track, that silver will be used up. I expect silver over 50 in 2 years.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Remember, when silver mines sell an oz of silver an make a $0.25 cent profit, and then silver goes up $5 an oz, their profit jumps to $5.25. whistle

Silver goes up 20% and their profits go up hundreds of percents.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaguartx
for now, but the rest of the world is smarter than the US citizen, so they'll start demanding more $ for the things that they sell to us, which will drive up the price of everything. People who dont get into PM' are going to be very sorry that they did not, an very soon too.

Perhaps, but that’s where Trump shines. That won’t happen without a trade war.

I’m of the belief that the rest of the world’s central banks have their eyes on the USD and while nobody’s heading for the exits, their preparing themselves for just that. Secretly taxing us (through inflation) and buying into PMs.

As far as the OP’s question: Gold and silver eagles are recognized everywhere, but at this ratio, silver is the buy. When it drops below 40:1, start trading for gold.

This. Gold and silver are up a lot in dollars over the last 20 years. Money is worth a whole lot less. It takes almost twice as much money to buy a car or house now. The gold is not worth more. The dollar is worth a lot less.

Im pretty sure CBs are selling dollars and buying metals, as is China and Warren Buffet. He just bought tons of Barack Res.

Warren Buffett is a liberal. Not saying he's stupid by any means, but he is still a liberal.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
385 members (1lesfox, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 39 invisible), 2,069 guests, and 894 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,970
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.