Campfire Member
R

BP-B2

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Am i way off base with this price or something? Not alot of interest in this rifle so far. I am probably going to let it stay on here through the weekend then let it go on some other avenues. Just wanted to send this rifle to a good home on the fire

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
You might try providing separate pricing for the rifle and scope. Good luck with your sale.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rlhunter0403
Am i way off base with this price or something? Not alot of interest in this rifle so far. I am probably going to let it stay on here through the weekend then let it go on some other avenues. Just wanted to send this rifle to a good home on the fire
Unknown barrel maker, unknown twist rate, unknown gunsmith, factory stock, factory trigger, no bedding stated, cheap Weaver-style mounts, commonly available long action. It's not something for which I'd be willing to spend a lot of cash when I can have something assembled with a known barrel with a more useful 1-in-9" twist by a known gunsmith and pillar and full-length bedded for roughly the same money you're asking. The scope would likely be attractive to a specific buyer (since it's likely worth more than the attached rifle) as would the rifle and dies separated. You asked.

Jackie Treehorn: Treats objects like women.

Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Montana uses Ruger actions.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And in a chambering whole lot of folks don’t want to get into anymore.. I put it on gunbroker, much larger audience. Like Jackie said might want to break it up sell scope separately..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 79S
And in a chambering whole lot of folks don’t want to get into anymore.. I put it on gunbroker, much larger audience. Like Jackie said might want to break it up sell scope separately..
This appears to be a "parts gun" as well: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...0-la-stock-replacement-help#Post15032272

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Jackie_Treehorn
Originally Posted by 79S
This appears to be a "parts gun" as well: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...0-la-stock-replacement-help#Post15032272

I assure you this is not a parts gun. This gun is exactly as I bought it. I tried some other stocks but they didn’t work like I wanted so I returned it to its original form. I’ll pull it apart and see if I can figure more out about it. Thanks for the input

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 79S
I assure you this is not a parts gun. This gun is exactly as I bought it. I tried some other stocks but they didn’t work like I wanted so I returned it to its original form. I’ll pull it apart and see if I can figure more out about it. Thanks for the input
Except you have no history of the rifle, no history of who who did the work, no chamber marking, etc. There's nothing wrong with your gun, but the value is going to be more in the parts than the gun itself.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

IMO you are too high. Too many potential problems with all the unknowns, plus it's chambered for a wildcat. A box-stock one would be a safer investment. You asked, and that's my honest answer. If it doesn't sell, consider an economical rebarrel like a Shaw or maybe a rebore, assuming there aren't any problems with the rifle. Or keep it and use it yourself as-is.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pappy348
If it doesn't sell, consider an economical rebarrel like a Shaw or maybe a rebore, assuming there aren't any problems with the rifle.
That's what I'd do, but I'd go with a Shilen or Krieger and re-barrel it to something not commonly available to left-handers; i.e., the standard .257 Roberts, 7x57, .280 Remington, 9.3x62, .35 Whelen, etc. Add a Jewell, Timney Elite Hunter, or TriggerTech of some flavor, have the barreled action bedded to that stock, add some decent scope mounts, and have a pretty nice semi-custom.

IC B3

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Thanks for the input guys. Thats what i needed to know. No need for apologies, i asked for your opinions. I will take all of this into consideration and see what avenue i want to take. Thanks again!

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Sold the rifle locally this morning. Thanks again

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Good for you. Glad you got it sold... Now... What new toy are you going to invest the proceeds in ??? laugh laugh laugh

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Well....as it turns out I had a local guy trade me a Kimber classic in 308. Even steven trade so I couldn’t resist. Unfortunately I may be done with lefty rifles since they are so hard to get rid of if you decide to go a different route.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well....as it turns out I had a local guy trade me a Kimber classic in 308. Even steven trade so I couldn’t resist. Unfortunately I may be done with lefty rifles since they are so hard to get rid of if you decide to go a different route.

If that rifle would’ve had Winchester on it, you would’ve had no problem getting rid of it..

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by 79S

If that rifle would’ve had Winchester on it, you would’ve had no problem getting rid of it..

Yeah I’ve learned that. Lefty rifles are like that ex girlfriend you can’t get away from. You know you should leave her alone but you just can’t help yourself

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Unfortunately I may be done with lefty rifles since they are so hard to get rid of if you decide to go a different route.
Left-handed rifles aren't the least bit difficult to sell. Cobbled together Frankenstein things are. We told you that earlier.

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R

Unfortunately I may be done with lefty rifles since they are so hard to get rid of if you decide to go a different route.
Left-handed rifles aren't the least bit difficult to sell. Cobbled together Frankenstein things are. We told you that earlier.

You act like I’m whining about this. I’m not attacking you personally by saying I don’t want to mess with lefty rifles anymore. It’s just my opinion that they are harder to sell. There are fewer left handed people in the world so statistics would indicate that the market is smaller and thus harder to sell.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know you got rid of it, but to add what Jackie said yesterday. If that was chambered in a 264 win mag, 6.5 Swede, 25-06, with Either a shilen, Douglas, Krieger, bartlien barrel. And you had pictures of groups the rifle shot.. you probably had some interest minus the scope. Just something to remember when you are the lgs next time and they have a lefty Custom anything ask questions if they don’t have answers just walk away..

R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by 79S
I know you got rid of it, but to add what Jackie said yesterday. If that was chambered in a 264 win mag, 6.5 Swede, 25-06, with Either a shilen, Douglas, Krieger, bartlien barrel. And you had pictures of groups the rifle shot.. you probably had some interest minus the scope. Just something to remember when you are the lgs next time and they have a lefty Custom anything ask questions if they don’t have answers just walk away..

Oh I agree completely. I had plans to do a lot more with this rifle but truth be told once I put a lighter stock on it and saw what it weighed I lost interest. I really thought I could make it a sub 7lb rifle but I quickly found out that wasn’t so. Had I owned it longer and done more research I’m sure I could have sold it easier/for more money. I get all of that. I also understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I realize now the gun wasn’t as special as I thought it was.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
694 members (11point, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 160user, 117LBS, 12344mag, 77 invisible), 2,683 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,689
Posts18,399,819
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.