Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by glockdoofus
What is a Smith and Wesson M69? Why would you want one? I don't understand.

It can be used as camp gun to defend against wild animals and for hunting especially if drilled and tapped for scope mount (which anything chambered today in revolver for .44 Magnum should be). It's much easier to mount extra long eye relief scope (commonly called scout or handgun scope) on revolver than a pistol with cycling slide. A pistol chambered for .44 Magnum or larger cartridge will obviously be a "boulder" to handle and carry (eg Desert Eagle).

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Slavek

It can be used as camp gun to defend against wild animals and for hunting especially if drilled and tapped for scope mount (which anything chambered today in revolver for .44 Magnum should be). It's much easier to mount extra long eye relief scope (commonly called scout or handgun scope) on revolver than a pistol with cycling slide. A pistol chambered for .44 Magnum or larger cartridge will obviously be a "boulder" to handle and carry (eg Desert Eagle).

You and glockdoofus should get an apartment together and just spend the day chatting in person, this would salvage the handgun forum .

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by jmd025
Originally Posted by Slavek

You and glockdoofus should get an apartment together and just spend the day chatting in person, this would salvage the handgun forum .

Good call

He probably has a scope on a SNUBBY j frame too

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I bought a 69 in 2014 to the best of my memory. Has served me well and is more accurate than I am. Not sure why I keep it around as I really don’t have a use for it but it’s difficult for me to get rid of any .44 or .45 revolver.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Shot the 2.75 model wanted to run away with it but the owner is faster than I am so I gave it back.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Does the lock create a reliability/performance problem? Or is more a matter of principle on how it got there?

Yes.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by SargeMO
Does the lock create a reliability/performance problem? Or is more a matter of principle on how it got there?

Yes.

Both?!?!

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Good answer.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ive been contemplating buying my first full size revolver. I’d mainly carry it while hunting. I had contemplated just carrying one of my semi-autos, but I mainly want an excuse to buy a gun. I want an S&W, so that’s all At first, I was originally looking at Model 66s and Model 686s. I didn’t want a huge gun. Then I saw the 69, which is a 44 in an L frame. Anyone have one? Looks like a great blend of power while being mid-size.

Have you looked at the 329PD?

It isn't that easy to handle with full power .44 Magnum loads, but it is probably my favorite .44 Special. But I also like the Rossi 720s and Taurus 441s better than the S&W 696, so who knows. When I'm out and about during snake season I almost alway belt carry a Rossi 720 or a 4" stainless Taurus 441 with 2 loads of CCI SnakeShot and 3 hard cast 240 grain SWCs.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Not much fun without pictures. Versatile guns - 2 3/4" and 4 1/4"

With optics:

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]
With open sights:

Paul

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

It's one more thing that can go wrong. You hear cases of them locking due to heavy recoil, and if it does you will need the key to unlock it.

G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
That lock will have to go. Thanks for all the info. Wish my LGS was open more than Tu-Fri.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

599 members (1_deuce, 06hunter59, 22250rem, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 59 invisible), 2,164 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,282
Posts18,448,597
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.