Print Thread
Hop To
C
CGPAUL Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
My son and I are looking for outfitter refurals on a hunt like this. We would like a DIY option, room and board provided by the outfitter.

Thanks for the help.

BP-B2

C
CGPAUL Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
OK, any opinions of Jay Scott outfitters?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is so much public land, not sure why you’d hire an outfitter just for room and board if you’re leaning towards DIY.
Is there more to that? Looking to have the outfitter tell you where to go? Drop you off and pick up daily?
I live in Tucson and have a good friend who is an outfitter, but I wouldn’t hire him just for food and lodging purposes. Are you looking for a camp where everything is taken care of except you don’t have any guide?
Good luck with it,
Rex

C
CGPAUL Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Rex..yes, quess I`m looking for someone with knowledge of a hunting area to save us some time learning it on our own. We`ve never hunted Arizona, much less Coues. Other than that, we`re not to helpless.
The Jay Scott outfitter would be a DIY hunt, out of a ranch house, in a good area, hunting on foot. In fact we will be in Mt. deer hunting with an outfitter doing the same thing in a month. Our 2nd time with him.
Some times a bit of local help is well worth it.

Thanks

Last edited by CGPAUL; 09/26/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jay Scott looks like a fine outfit. I'm checking with my buddy in Tucson to see if he can help you as well.

Do you guys already have tags for this season or are you targeting 2021?

Regards,
Rex

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Jay scott has a great reputation, coues and legit blacktail, ie;nw Oregon and western wa are far and away the coolest, hardest deer to hunt. I’ll throw legit blacktail the next level above coues, but coues deer,and the country they inhabit are so cool. Coues deer are stupid badass, good luck, lotsa great guides for em.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
C
CGPAUL Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Rex...thanks for the help. No tags yet...exploring this hunt, 21-maybe 22, so any info your friend could provide will be helpfull.

Thanks again.

C
CGPAUL Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Judman..We saw the two shows on "Meat Eater" that featured his hunt. We liked what we saw, country etc. plus how the crew hunted. we like the DIY style.
Thanks for the reply.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by CGPAUL
Judman..We saw the two shows on "Meat Eater" that featured his hunt. We liked what we saw, country etc. plus how the crew hunted. we like the DIY style.
Thanks for the reply.

Sir

Please check your inbox.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CGPAUL
Rex...thanks for the help. No tags yet...exploring this hunt, 21-maybe 22, so any info your friend could provide will be helpfull.

Thanks again.

Sending you a PM with contact for Rincon Outfitters. I talked to my buddy asking if he would be interested in the type of service you are talking about and was surprised when he said, "Sure I do one or two of those every year." So apparently what you're describing is a lot more common than I thought.
PM inbound.
Rex

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I saw Steve on a coues hunt, and he said: "getting tags to hunt coues deer is easy, you can get one every year."

It WAS true at one time not so anymore. Too many people applying for these hunts. Not enough deer. Anyone that gets a tag for coues consider yourself lucky and enjoy the experience! Next year you may not get one.

Last edited by Azshooter; 09/28/20.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too bad you weren’t retired military or still in. I would apply for Ft Huachuca couse deer tags..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 79S
Too bad you weren’t retired military or still in. I would apply for Ft Huachuca couse deer tags..

That is the only place I would put in for a Coues tag anymore.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
744 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 72 invisible), 2,965 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,764
Posts18,401,436
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.