Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by lonee
y'all figure on missing too much. and you're dreaming about what a pistol can handle.

Projection is a problem many struggle with I hope it passes.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Tough to beat a Massad Ayboob gear list.

LOL

I think Lee 24 has risen from the dead...

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It makes sense to me that a guy who is proficient and confident with his chosen SD firearm is going to require less shooting to get clear of a dangerous crowd than someone who bumbles a draw and looks more scared and unprepared and less like a deadly threat. I know it doesn't fit into the questions presented here, but it seems to me that "crowd control" in the sense of self-defense is going to have a lot to do with personal presence and confidence in the face of the mob. I've been in some situations where one confident guy was able to hold off well beyond his numbers simply though confidence.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Age old argument of what's better, size of the gun for concealment or magazine capacity. But the question now is, have your priorities changed given the current threats? Personally, 5 years ago, I would have opted for a smaller capacity gun that was easy to conceal against a threat of 1-4 criminals. Considering the mob threat on the horizon, my priorities have definitely shifted towards magazine capacity. The idea of having 20-30 bad guys running around me and having a nice, small, comfortable gun with a 7 round mag doesn't sound fun. My carry now is an M&P commander size with 4.25" barrel and a 17+1 capacity. It's bulkier and not as light but I like having those 17 rounds in the gun along with another 34 rounds in a 2 mag belt carrier. What are you guys carrying? Has it changed with Operation Mayhem in effect? Full disclosure, I have not carried nearly as long as many people here. Just speaking my mind and looking for any advice in the new environment. Thanks in advance.

I was seriously considering having a shoulder holster made. I like the vertical Jackass rig like I had for a 1911. I figure as winter approaches if I'm wearing a jacket I can cover most anything within reason. I tend to stay away from trouble spots, but I do skirt the edges sometimes.

I might be on one of those edges when I run into a former "client". Emboldened by the goings on in the country and possibly having his crew with him I can see the potential for disaster.

The rig would be my Springfield XD MOD2 5" tactical and 3-13 round magazines loaded with Federal HST 45 acp 230 grain. It has to be vertical under the jacket because it's a bit of a monster. Still, awareness says stay the hell away from those places.

As it stands I do not go to my local Walmart which is half way between here and the projects, I don't even consider going.

You’d get bytch slapped .

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Personally I like a larger capacity gun. I wear 2x gloves because 3x are hard to find. I like a frame that allows me to wrap my pinky around it and have never wished that I had less bullets. When you see footage of real life shooting it’s shocking how many shooters even those with a fair amount of practice miss “can’t miss shots.” Take buck fever and amplify it by a hundred with someone else’s gun going of at bayonet range pointed near your face while he try’s to blow your brains out. Maybe just blew your spouses brains out. In real life horrible situations that you hate to imagine I’m not going to assume that I’m going to be be mowing down bad guys without a miss.

I also want to be able to put down suppressive fire in the unlikely but real event that I need it. In some of the mob attacks we’ve seen guys with AR’s and AK’s and at minimum double stack magazine Glock’s and such I don’t recall seeing any revolvers or single stack pistols. So why start at an ammo disadvantage if I don’t have to.
The other thin I haven’t seen mentioned is If I have 15-20 rounds its going to allow me to force him to duck for cover even if I’m unable to get him square in my sight right away as I run or move to cover also. If you have a guy blasting at you. Your going to want to return fire while maneuvering in order to limit his tactical advantage so that he isn’t just standing there teeing off on you. If you’re returning fire on the move while he’s also on the move and your adrenaline is surging it’s going to be really easy to burn through 6-8 shots in my opinion.

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by lvmiker
when you shoot 8 of them in 2 seconds. one shot each, 80 others will run, guaranteed. Reload and go home, using cover.

That would make you the baddest gunfighter on the CF. Did you train w/ the happy camper?

mike r

when the draw time is not included, 2 seconds is not that fast. Miculek does it in a 1 second flat.

Basic combat doctrine is two is to always double tap. So right off the bat you’ve just cut your number of bad guys to engage in half

the guy who came up with that "doctrine" was full of it, and in any case, shooting 4 of them, twice as fast, one each, is a lot more impressive.

When Jeff came out with his 600 page Gunsite gossip. he invited criticism. So I sent him 170 double spaced pages of handwritten opposition to what he'd writter, using nothing but his own words, from years past. He replied " You always were a bit doctrinal". :-)

"170 double spaced pages", you should be more concerned with your typing addiction than combat doctrine.

What a goon.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
He’s just a troll. I’m unaware of any police, military, or combat pistol shooting school that teaches anything but to double tap the target in all but the most rare circumstances. In case presented with him in the wide open surrounded by 8 guys shooting at him that might be one but he’d be dead anyway and it’s completely unrealistic.
As unrealistic as 8 armed attackers are in real life and I order to survive it he’d have to find cover and from there engage targets based on opportunity and threat level. Near to far, possibly the weapon they were armed with and a few other factors. Each target would be treated as an individual threat and double tapped if possible with rare exception before transitioning to the next threat.
If ever there would be a situation to have as many rounds at your disposal as possible to factor in misses, follow up shots, and suppressive fire to avoid being over run that would be it.
He’s a troll with no practical combat pistol training to speak of.

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 09/26/20.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by 257_X_50
When one gun is empty.......grab the backup

Always chuckled at the mention of a "New York reload". Then, during 9/11, saw a NYPD detective get out of his vehicle with a double holster. Two revolvers, one over top the other...

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Age old argument of what's better, size of the gun for concealment or magazine capacity. But the question now is, have your priorities changed given the current threats? Personally, 5 years ago, I would have opted for a smaller capacity gun that was easy to conceal against a threat of 1-4 criminals. Considering the mob threat on the horizon, my priorities have definitely shifted towards magazine capacity. The idea of having 20-30 bad guys running around me and having a nice, small, comfortable gun with a 7 round mag doesn't sound fun. My carry now is an M&P commander size with 4.25" barrel and a 17+1 capacity. It's bulkier and not as light but I like having those 17 rounds in the gun along with another 34 rounds in a 2 mag belt carrier. What are you guys carrying? Has it changed with Operation Mayhem in effect? Full disclosure, I have not carried nearly as long as many people here. Just speaking my mind and looking for any advice in the new environment. Thanks in advance.

I was seriously considering having a shoulder holster made. I like the vertical Jackass rig like I had for a 1911. I figure as winter approaches if I'm wearing a jacket I can cover most anything within reason. I tend to stay away from trouble spots, but I do skirt the edges sometimes.

I might be on one of those edges when I run into a former "client". Emboldened by the goings on in the country and possibly having his crew with him I can see the potential for disaster.

The rig would be my Springfield XD MOD2 5" tactical and 3-13 round magazines loaded with Federal HST 45 acp 230 grain. It has to be vertical under the jacket because it's a bit of a monster. Still, awareness says stay the hell away from those places.

As it stands I do not go to my local Walmart which is half way between here and the projects, I don't even consider going.

bring your 30 guys and TRY it. i"ll kill 8 of you in 2 seconds and you'll chit yourselves running clean out of town.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
He’s just a troll. I’m unaware of any police, military, or combat pistol shooting school that teaches anything but to double tap the target in all but the most rare circumstances. In case presented with him in the wide open surrounded by 8 guys shooting at him that might be one but he’d be dead anyway and it’s completely unrealistic.
As unrealistic as 8 armed attackers are in real life and I order to survive it he’d have to find cover and from there engage targets based on opportunity and threat level. Near to far, possibly the weapon they were armed with and a few other factors. Each target would be treated as an individual threat and double tapped if possible with rare exception before transitioning to the next threat.
If ever there would be a situation to have as many rounds at your disposal as possible to factor in misses, follow up shots, and suppressive fire to avoid being over run that would be it.

so what? everyone 'thinks' the FBI is such hot [bleep], but tey were still teaching one handed point shooting at 25m, in the 80s. :-) they spent 8 MILLION $ in today's money, discovering that pistols dont pierce cars waf. I could have told them that much in 1969. The fact, that you' and others would be so stupid as to waste half of your ammo, in the face of 20 or more attackers, says all I need to know. They aint got guns. they are felons. like the 3 that Kyle shot. They are not hanging around in the face of certain death. The spare mag can be drawn with the gun and be in the piece and firing in 1.5 seconds. there's no reason to fire beyond 10 ft , no reason to miss, even once.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by lvmiker
when you shoot 8 of them in 2 seconds. one shot each, 80 others will run, guaranteed. Reload and go home, using cover.

That would make you the baddest gunfighter on the CF. Did you train w/ the happy camper?

mike r

Now that’s funny!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

so what? everyone 'thinks' the FBI is such hot [bleep], but tey were still teaching one handed point shooting at 25m, in the 80s. :-) they spent 8 MILLION $ in today's money, discovering that pistols dont pierce cars waf. I could have told them that much in 1969. The fact, that you' and others would be so stupid as to waste half of your ammo, in the face of 20 or more attackers, says all I need to know. They aint got guns. they are felons. like the 3 that Kyle shot. They are not hanging around in the face of certain death. The spare mag can be drawn with the gun and be in the piece and firing in 1.5 seconds. there's no reason to fire beyond 10 ft , no reason to miss, even once.

Do you kiss your boyfriend after you swallow him?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
sheit Ask Mas who could draw and hit twice as fast as he could, back in 1979 in Litchfield Ill? Ask Bill wilson who's got the fastest ccw draw he's ever seen. I've drawn on men half a dozen times, and only had to fire once It was dark and the 4 guys didn't believe I had a gun. When 8.5 grs of Unique and a 185 gr Hornady jhp lit up the entire COUNTY fired over their heads, they got back into their car a LOT faster than they'd jumped out! :-) The other times, my gun appeared so fast that they couldn't effing believe it. I had a fat punk charge me from about 12 ft away with a big Crescent wrench., I was cocked and locked, open wear, but had no round chambered. I got the gun level, wracked the slide, got a weaver on his face and he was STILL far enough away to stop when I said "DROP It"". He did, and then fled. One more step and he was going to be eating a .45 swc.

Last edited by lonee; 09/26/20.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Cool story.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I taught Wilson and Ayoob.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
sheit Ask Mas who could draw and hit twice as fast as he could, back in 1979 in Litchfield Ill? Ask Bill wilson who's got the fastest ccw draw he's ever seen. I've drawn on men half a dozen times, and only had to fire once It was dark and the 4 guys didn't believe I had a gun. When 8.5 grs of Unique and a 185 gr Hornady jhp lit up the entire COUNTY fired over their heads, they got back into their car a LOT faster than they'd jumped out! :-) The other times, my gun appeared so fast that they couldn't effing believe it. I had a fat punk charge me from about 12 ft away with a big Crescent wrench., I was cocked and locked, open wear, but had no round chambered. I got the gun level, wracked the slide, got a weaver on his face and he was STILL far enough away to stop when I said "DROP It"". He did, and then fled. One more step and he was going to be eating a .45 swc.
There I was...again...no shixt!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Gee, how brave people are at saying things from behind the safety of that screen.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I've never said anything online that I wouldn't say to anyone's face. Anyone moves on me, they're dead. I"ve been on the run before and kind of liked it. I wont hesitate the slightest fraction of a second. If you've got a heavy coat, just have the pistol in a holster made for that coat pocket, and keep your hands in your pockets. The draw will be twice as fast as from any shoulder, rig, even if the coat is NOT fastened shut.

Last edited by lonee; 09/26/20.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've never said anything online that I wouldn't say to anyone's face. Anyone moves on me, they're dead. I"ve been on the run before and kind of liked it. I wont hesitate the slightest fraction of a second.

No you haven't, and yes you would.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by Sprint11
I've never said anything online that I wouldn't say to anyone's face. Anyone moves on me, they're dead. I"ve been on the run before and kind of liked it. I wont hesitate the slightest fraction of a second.

Originally Posted by Sprint11

shows how little you know. I jumped a fed bond in 1986, and then escaped in 1990. So I've been on the run twice.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 1_deuce, 1234, 12344mag, 72 invisible), 2,702 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,669
Posts18,455,958
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.