Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by vapodog
Well...I dont know.

Was she the most qualified? Or just the most qualified woman?

She is clearly more qualified than the one she will be replacing.

Yeah, that one is dead.

Even I am more qualified at this point than RBG.

I’d argue that a dead person is more quailed than RBG. At least the dead can’t fugg up there interpretation of the constitution.

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 09/27/20.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Remsen
I am a huge fan of ACB. She clerked for my favorite Supreme Court justice of all time (Scalia) and has demonstrated fidelity to the Constitution. She's not an activist judge and I think she'll be as good as Thomas and Alito have been. A brilliant, dedicated, moral woman with the right pedigree and philosophy. She'd be my choice for any Supreme Court vacancy, without regard to her gender.

I agree. I wanted ACB nominated over Kavanaugh a couple of years ago.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by vapodog
Well...I dont know.

Was she the most qualified? Or just the most qualified woman?

She is clearly more qualified than the one she will be replacing.

Truth. Never bring an arrow to a missle fight.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/27/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seems to be a better choice than Kavanagh. I think Trump picked Kavanagh over her last time thinking he was perceived as being less conservative and therefore the safer choice. Turned out the opposite was true.

One plus for the women justices is the natural longevity factor. She could live to be 100 and stay on the bench. If she is all they say she is that will be a bonus.

God Bless America
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am a huge fan of ACB. She clerked for my favorite Supreme Court justice of all time (Scalia) and has demonstrated fidelity to the Constitution. She's not an activist judge and I think she'll be as good as Thomas and Alito have been. A brilliant, dedicated, moral woman with the right pedigree and philosophy. She'd be my choice for any Supreme Court vacancy, without regard to her gender.

I want a "conservative" activist judge who will use the same means for ends beneficial for my people the subversives have used for their people. Not to do so is analogous to following the rules of the marquess of queensbury while your opponent is gutting you with a knife.

Besides, rule of law is dead. All is power and "who, whom?"

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Wabi, we are all so numbed by continuous political pounding that it's hard to get worked up one way or the other. The process will unfold, both sides will froth at the mouth, and she'll either be confirmed or she'll withdraw. And then the sides will froth at whatever comes next. None of which we have any control over.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by jfruser

I want a "conservative" activist judge who will use the same means for ends beneficial for my people the subversives have used for their people. Not to do so is analogous to following the rules of the marquess of queensbury while your opponent is gutting you with a knife.

Besides, rule of law is dead. All is power and "who, whom?"

A true conservative Justice couldn't be an activist as you describe. The core of conservatism is adherence to the Constitution as written, so bring the country back to the era of the Constitution's words directing the justices isn't activism, it's originalism. The left has to rely on activism because they're trying to make the Constitution mean something that it doesn't say and was never intended to say. All we have to do is wipe out the bad precedent of a "living, breathing Constitution" (the holy grail of activism), and like I said, that's not activism. That's restoration of the rule of law.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too early, we do not know how she will be.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 240NMC, 007FJ, 257_X_50, 63 invisible), 2,343 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,650
Posts18,455,461
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.