Hop To
L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
My prediction from this:.

"Statewide data on hospitalizations and hospital capacity had not been updated on the state’s data hub since Tuesday, when there were 39 people hospitalized with COVID-19 and four others awaiting test results. The state is changing how it reports those statistics, and is now going through a federal database instead of through the Alaska State Hospital and Nursing Home Association according to the health department.

Of the 6 "new" deaths reported Friday, 4 were from months ago, newly reported "related to Covid as determined by the CDC".

Up to now, I had fairly good trust in OUR state's data. That just went south.

Less than 3% of those tested have come back positive. That will change. Last time I ran the % a couple days ago, .9% of the state's population had "tested positive" (includes all the non-resident seasonal worker cases), and .006% had died from the media hoax flu.

Big whoopee, statistically.

Some expect a miraculous cure after the election. I don't. The MSM will ride this thing into the ground like they did Trump's "Russian Collusion. I would not be surprised if the "infection rate" (as reported by CDC and other Libs) doesn't double soon after Trump is re-elected..

The truth is not in them.

Last edited by las; 09/27/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well luckily according to the CDC website WORST CASE SCENARIO IS 70+ SURVIVABILITY RATE IS OVER 94%

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Of the 6 "new" deaths reported Friday, 4 were from months ago"

It's called "harvesting" previous deaths to inflate the current death rate and prolong the lockdown until the election. All the Democrat run cities/counties are doing it in even in the Republican run states. They're doing the same thing positive COVID-19 tests.

L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Bit over 7,000 cases, 52 deaths, makes ours a 99.26 % survivability rate.

Factor in that many of those deaths had 1-5 "pre-existing conditions".which actually caused their deaths, but if they had any symptom of Covid, they are Covid deaths.

Also keep in mind much of Alaska is remote , with only basic clinics or no healthcare at all.

Approaches vary....

We were in Circle, end of the road up on the Yukon River earlier this summer. They were allowing no one not a resident of the community in the local store. They had an isolation tent set up at the boat landing, Everyone we saw were wearing masks, even those riding down the road on 4-wheelers out of town.

We are now days back From Manley Hot Springs, also end of the road on the Tanana River. Not a mask in sight, people visiting, shaking hands, Helping pull boats onto trailers, hugging, glad to see me spending money in the store.

I have no idea if anyone in either village has been infected. I shook hands with haf a dozen Manleys, and ain't caught the clap yet..... smile

Can't get that info either - there is a ban on reporting cases by small village for some reason. Censorship at it's best.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by victoro
"Of the 6 "new" deaths reported Friday, 4 were from months ago"

It's called "harvesting" previous deaths to inflate the current death rate and prolong the lockdown until the election. All the Democrat run cities/counties are doing it in even in the Republican run states. They're doing the same thing positive COVID-19 tests.

PREZACTLY!

Only folks died here were 90 year old diabetics that weighed 350 lbs with a bad heart.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For folk 70+, many of which grab a mirror and see if their breath fogs up when they get out of bed, 94+% survivability from Kung-Flu is higher than a trip to the mail box !

L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
For folk 70+, many of which grab a mirror and see if their breath fogs up when they get out of bed, 94+% survivability from Kung-Flu is higher than a trip to the mail box !

I don't do that. I just open my eyes and check for ceiling roots.

Got a scare yesterday, but they were cobwebs. smile

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco

I don't do that. I just open my eyes and check for ceiling roots.

Got a scare yesterday, but they were cobwebs. smile

Lol.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I firmly believe some and possibly many states have been and still are manipulating the number of daily free to the public testing administered by only testing until they reach a desired percentage of positives relative to total number of tests administered and then halting free testing for that day.

It's only common sense that the more tested the higher the number of positives but there seems to be for lack of a better term a 'sweet spot' where the more tested the number of positives start declining substantially reducing the percentage of positives.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Typical game of keep changing the goal, and the metrics being reported to deceive people. And it works. the Univ. Washington data seemed to be the most accurate for the first couple months. Then at one point (late May?, early June?) they totally changed the reporting process, and ALL of the previously reported historic data. Original algorithm showed a sharp decline in infection rate in late June/ early July. The new, revised algorithm showed the infection rate going into October / November to subside (surprise, surprise...). Since then, they have changed the graphic again to merge all of the state by state data into a single U.S. total that cannot easily be compared to state based data sources to confirm accuracy.

Ky governor "King" Andy admitted last week that the positivity rate is decreasing, even as the number of new "cases" goes up. Only way that is mathematically possible is for the number of people tested to increase significantly, or, for someone to be massaging the data... He admits that the actual infection rate is going down. And then points at the increased number of cases to advocate continued / increased restrictions...

Yeah. They are cooking / massaging the data, BIGLY. In KY as well as AK...

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Orion2000
Typical game of keep changing the goal, and the metrics being reported to deceive people. And it works. the Univ. Washington data seemed to be the most accurate for the first couple months. Then at one point (late May?, early June?) they totally changed the reporting process, and ALL of the previously reported historic data. Original algorithm showed a sharp decline in infection rate in late June/ early July. The new, revised algorithm showed the infection rate going into October / November to subside (surprise, surprise...). Since then, they have changed the graphic again to merge all of the state by state data into a single U.S. total that cannot easily be compared to state based data sources to confirm accuracy.

Ky governor "King" Andy admitted last week that the positivity rate is decreasing, even as the number of new "cases" goes up. Only way that is mathematically possible is for the number of people tested to increase significantly, or, for someone to be massaging the data... He admits that the actual infection rate is going down. And then points at the increased number of cases to advocate continued / increased restrictions...

Yeah. They are cooking / massaging the data, BIGLY. In KY as well as AK...

Johns Hopkins posts a daily updated graph of the total number of covid-19 tests administered and total number of positives for the entire country and also for each individual state, too.

What I thought was quite odd though was originally they included the daily number of reported covid-19 deaths nationally and by state but for some reason they not only quit including numbers of deaths they even removed all their previous death data back to when they first started the graph.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
MI stopped reporting on Sundays. I guess they need higher numbers for Monday. Tomorrow will be something like 1000new cases and 14 deaths. Of those 14, 13 were found while going through past records??????

Numbers are cooked, CDC even admitted it.

Our stupid lib gov even said she's expecting to lift the state of emergency after the election.

Gotta keep the fear going

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (12344mag, 160user, 1minute, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 67 invisible), 2,918 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,535
Posts18,453,012
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.