Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Since this thread has devolved away from the original topic (as usual) I'll put my 2 cents in. I'll do everything I can not to buy anything made in China. Especially after this COVID crap. Thanks China. I would hope good Americans would do the same. I have asked other manufactures where their products were made. Those that aren't made in China were proud to say and those that are, or are suspected refuse to say.

It's not Doug's fault and he has been most gracious with his help to me in the past. I hope people who won't buy China products will still look to his business when purchasing non China products.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
So dougs name shouldn’t even be mentioned. Burris being chink lovers has nothing to do with Doug

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just received 4 new sets of Burris Signature rings, their premium line....package says "Made in China" frown

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Just received 4 new sets of Burris Signature rings, their premium line....package says "Made in China" frown

Yah. I purchased a set of XTR Signatures Black Friday 2016, MiC was a surprise. It sucks Burris is following with scope manufacturing, but, I think I have covered that, at least hinted at it. Too bad ALL retailers don't provide COO as a line item in Specifications.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Guys,
I created this post to let you all know of the arrival of these new scopes.
Yes, they are made in China.
Yes, it is understood that many folks try their best to not support products made in China.
No, this post, is not intended to be a political post.

We, Camera Land, are in the Photo and Sport Optics trade. The products we handle come from all over the world. Those products are not necessarily completely made where they say they are and usually have pieces parts from all over the Pacific Rim, usually something (screws, springs, whatever) from China. After WWII nobody wanted anything made in Japan or Germany, now those locations are what's sought after in optics.

There's an old saying "There's an asss for every chair" There's quality product as well as crap product from everywhere. There's every price range known to mankind in the optics industry. When given to choice between 2 equal quality items at an equal price and it's the product that suits your need it's an easy decision looking at where it is made. Unfortunately China has become a major part of the machine. As I type this on my Made in China Dell laptop and pause to answer a call on my China made iPhone it is apparent that it's a small world getting smaller every day.

I will continue to post the arrival of new product, no matter where it is made, and it's up to you to decide if it's the right product for you. Not everyone can buy Leica or Swarovski. I am also sure that EVERY company sources some pieces parts from China unfortunately.

Please see these posts we put up as what they are, informative, and not turn them into something they're not, political

Thanks

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
IC B2

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Well said and thanks for the info and deals.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
It'd be great to see Country of Origin on manufacture's and retailers' websites so that information is readily available prior to purchase. That's not political at all, it's an opinion of a consumer. What manufacturer's and retailers'do with that information, likely nothing as COO China would reduce sales, is purely up to them.

I have had decent dealings with CLNY, however, that does not overpower my opinion expressed above. Promptly and accurately answering questions regarding COO is noted and appreciated.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Give it up already, there is not a retailer anywhere, of any product, that is, or ever will put COO in an ad.

A simple google search of just about any product will show you COO.

You obviously have plenty of time to google.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by SLM
Give it up already, there is not a retailer anywhere, of any product, that is, or ever will put COO in an ad.

Nothing to give up. Sharing my opinions on a discussion forum is why I am here. Don't like my opinion, don't read it. Simple.

Prior to posting I did research CLNY and Burris websites, there was no mention of COO for this line of scopes. Simple fact. And no previous Burris scopes were MiC to the best of my knowledge. Now, anyone seeing this will know COO and can use that information PRIOR to purchase as they see fit. And I imagine some will be able to not get a hard on for me like you.

TTT

--- Kid Rock 2022

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Good post, Doug. And spot on.

"Assembled in the USA" doesn't exclude glass and parts from the Pacific rim. And, I was careful to not mention a certain Oregon based company, lest someone get offended..

Posters need to check COO parts on their "American made" cars and trucks.... It's a global economy.

We appreciate what you do for us, well most of us... blush

DF

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by SLM

Nothing to give up. Sharing my opinions on a discussion forum is why I am here. Don't like my opinion, don't read it. Simple.

Prior to posting I did research CLNY and Burris websites, there was no mention of COO for this line of scopes. Simple fact. And no previous Burris scooes were MiC to the best of my knowledge. Now, anyone seeing this will know COO and can use that information PRIOR to purchase as they see fit. And I imagine some will be able to not get a hard on for like you.

TTT

you really sound like a baby....get over it.....you have been hanging out with fireball to much......bob

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by SLM

Prior to posting I did research CLNY and Burris websites, there was no mention of COO for this line of scopes. Simple fact. And no previous Burris scopes were MiC to the best of my knowledge. Now, anyone seeing this will know COO and can use that information PRIOR to purchase as they see fit. And I imagine some will be able to not get a hard on for me like you.

TTT

you really sound like a baby....get over it.....you have been hanging out with fireball to much......bob

Thanks Bob, I always value your input...

Cumbaya Cumbaya Cumbaya.... The point has been made, clarified and confirmed... Cumbaya Cumbaya Cumbaya....

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 09/28/20.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 60 invisible), 2,266 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,645
Posts18,455,396
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.