Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by SLM
Let me help you bumping it again.

You never got back to me about those Monarch 3’s?

Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by SLM
Again, pretty hypocritical and chickenshit to bring it into a paying sponsors thread.

Doug willingly answered the question months ago, you commented about it in that thread as well. Then you bring it up out of the blue months later, guess some just like attention.

Again, thanks for breaking the great mystery.

TTT

TTT, Busy compiling my list of MiC products for discussion.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by SLM
Again, pretty hypocritical and chickenshit to bring it into a paying sponsors thread.

Doug willingly answered the question months ago, you commented about it in that thread as well. Then you bring it up out of the blue months later, guess some just like attention.

Again, thanks for breaking the great mystery.

Ya agreed. Doug is a good dude.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Do you also avoid optics made in Japan, Germany, Austria?

By all means buy what makes you happy. Doing a bit of research beforehand will let you avoid buying stuff made in places you don't like.

I look for optics made made in Japan. Never had one go bad. Weaver, SWFA, Trijicon track and hold zero. Worse thing that happened was Weaver going under and losing their classic line of optics. They gave people a $250 hunting scope that had decent glass, tracked and held zero.

Scott
C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by K22
I've also seen where a box says made in the US and the product say made in China.

Stuff like that does get my dander up and the practice is rampant. Around 20 years ago I was in a Sam’s Wholesale Club and they had advertised, “Wild Caught Gulf of Mexico Shrimp”. The price was good so I asked for five pounds. Instead of scooping up the shrimp from the display and weighing it I was given a sealed plastic bag because the shrimp came to Sam’s in five pound bags. On the bag was stamped, “Farmed Raised-Product of Vietnam”. Stuff like that does get me pretty wound up.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I'm not too convinced the Philippines manufactured stuff was worth a dmn either. Had a timberline 2-7 fail to hold zero on a 22 mag rimfire rifle. Had a burris fast fire 3 fail to hold zero this year, on a 357 sp101.

I've shot moose and caribou with many different burris scopes. Heck, used a burris scout scope this year on a 55.75" racked moose. Also used burris binocs. Lady used the same rifle on a caribou. Fair enough to say: the company is not that good anymore and I'm stepping away from the brand all together. I used to defend their optics, no more.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Sounds like Boomer is letting his emotional connection to the Philippines/filipino's cause a bit of an over reaction.

I'll concede that, IMHO, the Govt In the Philippines is less likely than China to impact my life in a negative way, but if given the choice I'll choose an American job over a filipino job every day and twice on Sunday.

Last edited by jackmountain; 09/27/20.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Unfortunate - What non commie country makes a high magnification scope with a varmint type Christmas tree windage reticle? That isn't $1000?

Moe

"Pick out two!"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by keith
Got to stay competitive on the price point!

Americans are hooked on cheap goods....all the masses care about is, "how much?"

Not all of us kemosabe.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Jack,
The lady's redfield 2-7 has held up to the recoil of her 9.3x62 for about 9 months now. It's says: made in USA.

We picked it up for $179 new. Compared to the flood of cheap Chinese trash, it's a good deal if yah ask me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why don't we have COO for everything.
And be complete.

Ingredient lists on food aren't recipes, but they cover ingredients.

How about COO for the whole thing listed in order from most to least.
Complex devices could show the 25/5075% marks to help clarify.

You can't tell me that if it was mandated they couldn't easily obtain that
with a year or two lead.

I work in manufacturing, we are just a step, we bring in components and put
them together, send them out for more processes.

One thing we do is a single step in a complex series for a very minor part of
aircraft. It would be hard to do right now. But if our suppliers and theirs marked
everything by percentage. In a year Boeing would have the ability.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I do much prefer to purchase something MiP than MiC. Folks in the Phil are not assigned jobs by the government, can go and do as they please, it's basically a Christian representative democracy etc. However, no welfare, no food boxes, no EBT.

Wife suggests not buying MiP due to the fact that business and government officials could readily be motivated to take negative shortcuts for bribes. The economics of MiC or MiP vs Made in the USA is not minor, it's likely huge and pays dividends for the manufacturer and their retailers. I don't think the US is the place for a company to pull off inexpensive quality optics production, but, any non-Com would be better than Com. (kudos to Leupold for trying) Burris, ime, was making totally adequate products, without selling out to China manufacturering this year.

Thanks for the discussion, as some are lost to the fact that is the forums purpose.

Originally Posted by jackmountain
Sounds like Boomer is letting his emotional connection to the Philippines/filipino's cause a bit of an over reaction.

I'll concede that, IMHO, the Govt In the Philippines is less likely than China to impact my life in a negative way, but if given the choice I'll choose an American job over a filipino job every day and twice on Sunday.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Just ordered a refurbished Nikon xbow scope. Says it's made in the Philippines.

Hope that's okay; I've kinda lost track of the drift of all this.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M

LOL

Country of Origin was listed?

--- Kid Rock 2022

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
If they go to China then that's it for me, Not buying anumore.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I didn’t think Burris was ever a contender.. ever...

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

LOL

I do agree and think you are absolutely right.....that coo on everything should be mandatory, then people can make their choices.....bob

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I think MtnBoomer's point has been completely lost on many replying here. It is well understood that many products and parts are being made in China and forced upon us. In order to break that trend we as consumers must find a starting point and begin there. Burris like Walmart, when first starting was totally about being made in the USA. Huge selling point and one that got all of our attentions. As far Walmart goes, a deep dig into Sam Walton will reveal very interesting agreements, but that is another subject. So what is an American to do when confronted with this dilemma? I gather from some of the posts on this thread and the thread Camera Land started, that since we have very little say in where parts are made or where optics are made we just need to stay quite, accept our fate like good little slaves. "You can't fight City Hall ya know". And if the company I work for is buying products from China, well, nothing I can do about that ya know. Apathy seems to be the word of the day anymore and apathy coming from conservatives and Patriots is sad.

You have to start somewhere and I agree with MtnBoomer, Burris is a great starting point.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

LOL

Yup. On Natchezss. Of course they might be lying. Saw COO on some other stuff on Amazon yesterday too. Maybe there's a trend starting.

My Excalibur scope went bat-crap-crazy on me, just before the season opened here. Stuck a red dot on it for the meantime, but a scope is preferred. This one is half the weight of the original, but not lit, and the aiming points below center can't be calibrated like a variable can. Actually, after looking through the red dot for a half day from my treestand, it seems to be just fine up to 40 yards, even at the start of legal light. I could hit just fine at 50 and even 60 with the other one before it crashed, but just like taking a 600-yard poke with a rifle, a lot can happen after the trigger is pulled that can futz things up for you, so a little discretion is in order.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Where did your list go?

Like I said, “patriotic” till it’s not convenient.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by SLM
Where did your list go?

Like I said, “patriotic” till it’s not convenient.

So, you personally think someone is not a patriot if they buy or own products MiC?

What I have said is that there are patriots that would like COO information prior to making a purchase. You seem to indicate disagreement with that premise, repeatedly, and I think you're FoS.

I own and use numerous MiC products, don't recall saying otherwise. And you are correct, iI recall now, Nikon Monarch 3 bins. Many times I make decisions based up specific bang for buck criteria at the time.

Carry-on

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

472 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 49 invisible), 2,099 guests, and 1,073 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,721
Posts18,457,266
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.