N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
if I see a traffic stop take ten minutes there will be 4-6 cops cars there coming one at a time. that shows me there are to many cops with nothing to do. so a lot of them could be removed and not change anything for the people in towns or cities. like teachers sanitation road crews etc all these public service jobs get bloated with employees and budgets

I call BS.

I've never had more than one cop car stop when I was violating a traffic law (usually speeding).

Also, I've always been courteous to the officer, and you know what? Lots of times I didn't even get a ticket and, unlike all those criminals that NFL doofuses put on their helmets, I didn't get shot either.

Here in Grants Pass, Oregon, a town of less than 40,000 I have seen as many as three cops at one traffic stop. I guess they are bored or scared.

Exactly.
You choose to live in a locale where 40k is a 'Town'.
If they're 'scared', keep in mind that those officers are (generally) drawn from the area they work. Doesn't speak highly to your general population.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
BP-B2

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
I was in Montana for 3 weeks helping a guy that worked for me build a house and I did not see one negroid or one cop.

Not surprising. Low Negro population = low cop population.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't worry, since you all got guns the police is not needed.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
if I see a traffic stop take ten minutes there will be 4-6 cops cars there coming one at a time. that shows me there are to many cops with nothing to do. so a lot of them could be removed and not change anything for the people in towns or cities. like teachers sanitation road crews etc all these public service jobs get bloated with employees and budgets

I call BS.

I've never had more than one cop car stop when I was violating a traffic law (usually speeding).

Also, I've always been courteous to the officer, and you know what? Lots of times I didn't even get a ticket and, unlike all those criminals that NFL doofuses put on their helmets, I didn't get shot either.

Here in Grants Pass, Oregon, a town of less than 40,000 I have seen as many as three cops at one traffic stop. I guess they are bored or scared.

Where I have worked and in these situations there are generally a couple of reasons. One is the vehicle pulled over might have been involved in a crime or the potential for escalation (suspended license, possible tow) exists and the other officers dutifully back up the primary officer. Deterrence often prevents violent resistance.

The other case if if there is nothing going on (oh blessed quiet town where most people control themselves!) and you have no reason not to keep you from backing up the primary officer, you just might be lazy. It is better to be there in a police contact and nothing goes wrong than to be minutes away and something does.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I call BS.

another guy that gets pulled over lots of times and gets a warning. now that is total bull sh it.

You've never been pulled over and issued a warning?

Maybe you've never been pulled over?

50 years of driving for me, three speeding tickets, more than a couple of "warnings" usually of the fix the license plate light type. The only time I actually remember having more than one officer arrive was when there were 7 cars and the helicopter circling over me on a case of mistaken identity. And I've had long hair, a beard, earings, wear jeans and jean jackets and such, "felony glasses" (very dark sunglasses) and have had the cops pull a U turn to come check me out just because of the way I and my car looked.

I've even been told "if you leave yours in your pocket, I'll leave mine holstered" when I informed the officer I am a CCW holder and was armed when I was last pulled over.

Go ahead, call bullscheidt if you choose too, but apparently some of us have different experiences than you do.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by NH K9

I guess it's all about where you choose to live.
I 'd be lucky to get a second copper in less than 15 minutes for backup when a domestic went to schiit when I was still on nights (most of my career).
6 cops is 5 Towns' worth of staff around here most nights.

George

Sounds like our area.

13 Deputies (total, not per shift) serve a 4200 square mile county

Divide that by 3 shifts per day = 4 deputies at any given time. Or 1 deputy per 1000 sq miles. Of course, in town there is the city police, and we do have some CHP here, all will respond to an officer's request for assistance. But, it may take awhile depending on who is on duty and where they happen to be. If an officer is needed in the NE or SE corner of the county at one of the small communities out there, they better hope the officer is already on the other side of the 6300' pass and it's summer time. Otherwise, response time might be on the order of an hour +, not counted in minutes. If one wants to get to the little community in the SW corner of the county and wishes to take a paved road instead of USFS roads, one must leave our county, drive 20 or so miles through the neighboring county, then 10 miles back north to the little "town"

We do not have an excess of LE presence here, and most folks here kind of like it that way......................until one is in dire need. It might just be one of the reasons we here can get a CCW relatively easily for this State.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've been pulled over and I told the cop I'm carrying. He replied, so am I.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Bristoe
As with many other things that the left has came up with, it seems like the leftist women lead the charge. Caucasian leftist women seem particularly vocal in calling for the abolition of police.

It makes me wonder.

When women work to defund and abolish the police, do they deserve to be protected by anyone?

This whole thing is a militant enforcement of the maternal instinct.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunner500
I was raised to look out for women, and not strike them, they've changed ALL that.

i still won't strike one , but some won't get a civil word from me.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Out here the police are a county Sheriff and his deputies. If you don't cause trouble you never know they're around. Nobody around here causes problems.

They're some dirtbag types floating around the county but not many and the cops know who they are. The cops spend their energy keeping the few dirtbags in check.

The country road I live on has a bit of traffic in the afternoon when a couple of nearby factories change shifts. Some people were pushing it pretty fast and somebody called the Sheriff. They sent a deputy out and passed out a few tickets. People slowed down, the deputy went on about his other business.

That's the policing business out here in rural America.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

you are misunderstanding that situation. if a traffic stop has more than 1 patrol car its because of a developing situation. either a aggressive citizen , or one that refused to follow orders or used a cell phone to call some buds. those are the things along with drugs ,illegal guns, etc that lead to a code 9. at least most of the time in my experience. granted that is ancient history for me.

Last edited by deerstalker; 09/27/20.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
I've been pulled over and I told the cop I'm carrying. He replied, so am I.

Same for me, he said " If you dont pull yours out, I wont pull mine out, neither of us will go home with an extra hole". I told him that sounded like a helluva deal. Real nice young guy , saw me drift over into the rumble strip and thought he would see if we were OK.

[Linked Image]
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Huntz

I hope next time you need a Cop,no one shows up.

when in gods name would I need a cop? weaklings and cowards think they need them

Exactly why you will need one sometime.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
As with many other things that the left has came up with, it seems like the leftist women lead the charge. Caucasian leftist women seem particularly vocal in calling for the abolition of police.

They all wish they had a dick, too...........................

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

They all wish they had a dick, too...........................

MM

and some of them do.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
GRANTS PASS is the meth capitol of the PNW and a general crap hole. No wonder multiple vehicles show up during a car stop

Grants Pass property crime is 77.7. (The US average is 35.4)

Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

I call BS.

Where I have worked and in these situations there are generally a couple of reasons. One is the vehicle pulled over might have been involved in a crime or the potential for escalation (suspended license, possible tow) exists and the other officers dutifully back up the primary officer. Deterrence often prevents violent resistance.

The other case if if there is nothing going on (oh blessed quiet town where most people control themselves!) and you have no reason not to keep you from backing up the primary officer, you just might be lazy. It is better to be there in a police contact and nothing goes wrong than to be minutes away and something does.

Last edited by ribka; 09/28/20.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

I hope next time you need a Cop,no one shows up.

when in gods name would I need a cop? weaklings and cowards think they need them

Exactly why you will need one sometime.

make a list when you need a cop unless you are an 80 year old lady. in fact they got more courage then you do. when you call the cops do you say please protect me from getting beat up? if you have a carry permit why did you get it if cops protect you? the same guys that puke out the need for cops carry a 17 rd pistol with 2-3 extra loaded mags

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I call BS.

another guy that gets pulled over lots of times and gets a warning. now that is total bull sh it.
i've been pulled over 5 times in the last 6 yrs, one ticket for speeding.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
now is the time to confess all ordinance violations, it will set you free

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by stxhunter

I call BS.

i've been pulled over 5 times in the last 6 yrs, one ticket for speeding.

sorry I do not believe you. today cops would get fired for to many warnings. they call in the stop before you get pulled over then the gotta explain to the boss why no tickets for your stops

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
676 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12308300, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 70 invisible), 2,790 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,634
Posts18,398,904
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.