-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe whoever got the ammo will fix Thunderturds so they at least go off most of the time, too much to expect you would be able to hit anything with them. Friends dont let friends shoot Remington .22 ammo.

[Linked Image]
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by jnyork
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Probably best thing to happen to Marlin.
If someone would take Remington, get rid of the schit handguns, the schit rifles and make the 700, a decent couple rimfires, the 1100, 870 & 11-87 and do them right finally, they could probably be GTG.

What about Bubba and his $279 price point?

😃

Let him eat cake.

Bubba eating cake doesn't do much for the company's bottom line.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe whoever got the ammo will fix Thunderturds so they at least go off most of the time, too much to expect you would be able to hit anything with them. Friends dont let friends shoot Remington .22 ammo.

No doubt that ammo is a joke. When it does shoot that only starts your next chain of hassle of FTE or FTF the next round.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Hope Ruger doesn’t get the Rem 700, and make it as inaccurate as Ruger centerfires.

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think this is a good move for all of the companies involved. Everything is going to America companies and real manufacturing companies not another holding company looking to leverage every cent it can and then bail.

I see Ruger and Marlin being a good fit. Ruger is innovative and a leader in making decent products at low cost.

Sierra should be a good fit for Barnes. Sierras a quality company with good target and varmit bullets but it didn’t have a top of the line type big game hunting bullet.

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 09/27/20.
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by dale06
Hope Ruger doesn’t get the Rem 700, and make it as inaccurate as Ruger centerfires.

Ruger only got the Marlin line, the non marlin Remington brand gun line went to a real Estate capital investment group. H&r, Dpms, stormlake, aac and parker to a capital group ran by founder of Palmetto State Armory and bushmaster to Franklin Armory

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bcraig
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Ruger gets Marlin
Vista gets Lonoke ammo plant
Sierra gets Barnes
Etc

I thought that maybe Fiocchi might buy out the Remington Plant In Lonoke Arkansas.

Sig Sauer which has a plant in Arkansas as well, is the backup bidder.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by marktheshark

Ruger only got the Marlin line, the non marlin Remington brand gun line went to a real Estate capital investment group. H&r, Dpms, stormlake, aac and parker to a capital group ran by founder of Palmetto State Armory and bushmaster to Franklin Armory

So the Remington branded firearms is with another holding company?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

What a twisted web! Maybe PSA can sell a 700 with enhanced trigger?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

No doubt that ammo is a joke. When it does shoot that only starts your next chain of hassle of FTE or FTF the next round.

I shoot boxes and boxes of that stuff and if you can't hit anything, I would expect it to be the operator.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by roundoak

I shoot boxes and boxes of that stuff and if you can't hit anything, I would expect it to be the operator.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Obviously it will shoot in some guns. It’s reputation for being one of the least reliable major brand makes of ammo is well deserved in my experience with it.
In fairness I haven’t used it in probably five years maybe they improved it’s reliability. It was so bad that I refuse to buy it even when on sale. I’ve had a few guns that were reliable with almost everything but Remington Thunderbolts. Including one bolt action that would extract anything but Thunderbolts without issue. Every single Thunderbolt had to be dugout of the chamber. Tight chamber? Weak extractor? I don’t know but it was the only ammunition to get me trouble.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OK, so it is obvious it will shoot in some guns, but not just yours.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
No doubt Ruger has the skills and knowledge to resurrect the Marlin name and restore its reputation and quality. Wonder if they might start making the 39A again?

It would be great if Ruger brought the 39A back and did it right. Time will only tell. Where is the info on who got what? Just curious is all as I hadn’t read anything anywhere prior to this.

Ruger no longer makes their 77/22 walnut/blued.

For center fires you can’t buy a 77/Hawkeye in wood/blued, only wood/stainless/threaded.

They’ve gone big on RAR plastic price point stuff.

Red Label shotguns are long gone.

#1s are ultra limited production.

Does that bode well for a 39 reappearance?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Hudge
Originally Posted by bcraig
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Ruger gets Marlin
Vista gets Lonoke ammo plant
Sierra gets Barnes
Etc

I thought that maybe Fiocchi might buy out the Remington Plant In Lonoke Arkansas.

Sig Sauer which has a plant in Arkansas as well, is the backup bidder.

So will Be Fiocchi in Little Rock Arkansas, Sig Sauer in Jacksonville AR and Vista in Lonoke AR ?

If so that means that all three would be less than 45 minutes from each other ,probably closer to 30 minutes.

23 Minutes from Lonoke to Jacksonville, 19 minutes from Jacksonville to Little Rock, 28 Minutes from Lonoke to Little Rock.

Back when I was 18 I used to drive from Brinkley Ar to Jacksonville Ar to hook up with a Gal I knew There and when circumstances allowed to go on over to Little Rock and Hook up with a Gal I knew there.

That was 42 Years ago
The years have gone by fast

Last edited by bcraig; 09/27/20.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Riiight it must be my lack of firearm maintenance. That Remington Thunderbolt ammunition is far and away one of the most (probably the most) absolutely hated .22 lr on the market with countless negative reviews describing similar issues would say otherwise.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
No doubt Ruger has the skills and knowledge to resurrect the Marlin name and restore its reputation and quality. Wonder if they might start making the 39A again?

It would be great if Ruger brought the 39A back and did it right. Time will only tell. Where is the info on who got what? Just curious is all as I hadn’t read anything anywhere prior to this.

Ruger no longer makes their 77/22 walnut/blued.

For center fires you can’t buy a 77/Hawkeye in wood/blued, only wood/stainless/threaded.

They’ve gone big on RAR plastic price point stuff.

Red Label shotguns are long gone.

#1s are ultra limited production.

Does that bode well for a 39 reappearance?

Not when you put it like that but the one hope might be as someone else posted the marlin 39a would seem like a natural fit with the Ruger Single-Six and Bearcat. I’d feel better about it though if Bill Ruger we’re still around. It’s going to be interesting to see what Ruger/Marlin come up with.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Yes....a real estate capital company at that!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yes....a real estate capital company at that!

Remington is dead set on killing Remington.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Riiight it must be my lack of firearm maintenance. That Remington Thunderbolt ammunition is far and away one of the most (probably the most) absolutely hated .22 lr on the market with countless negative reviews describing similar issues would say otherwise.

We love it in the hunter safety classes and KAMO (Kids and Mentors Outdoors) outings, because the bricks are cheap, the ammo goes bang with very few misfires and extraction issues. Pumps, bolt actions, single shots and semi-auto rifles as well as some handguns were utilized.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Hopefully Ruger fixes Marlin QC. Someone could bring back Remington as a mid range brand with the 700, bag the cheapo lines and keep the scatter guns.

Green box Remington ammo has always been decent and popular.

Joke of the day!

Ruger has been making Blaxkhawks in 45 for what 50 years. Plus.

And they still can't get the throats right.

How many years did they put bad barrels on their guns?
And fanboys blame the vendors. cry
A batch? Maybe. Should they have found it?
But over years?

No, Rugers quality control is way to schiddy to fix anybody's mess.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (10Glocks, 300jimmy, 41rem, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 1,393 guests, and 829 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,446
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.