Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Looks like Ruger is going to get control of Marlin. The rest I could care less about. Imagine a 10/22 action with a good marlin barrel.
It might make me want to finally pull the trigger on an 1895.
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/

Last edited by HankMcMauser; 09/27/20.

Roughly half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Imagine a Marlin 39A with a 10/22 barrel.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Barnes ammo
Remington accutip 3 inch 20 gauge slugs.

Hopefully some ammo manufactuer will pick em up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Weird. So Ruger gets Marlin, is that Federal that bought the ammo business? And some holding company gets Remington arms? And Sierra gets Barnes bullets

Last edited by exbiologist; 09/27/20.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
AS long as someone continues to make Barnes bullets, of the "non-lead" type, I'll be happy. The supply of ammo we can use for hunting here is not overwhelming as it stands now, losing another MFG would really suck.

I might just have to talk my wife into moving to TN laugh

(It'll never happen, we lived back east and she's vehemently opposed to going back to the other side of the Rockies. She can deal with our stuff out here, but not humidity, hurricanes, tornadoes, salt on the roads, etc)

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ruger gets Marlin? Well, all right! I have waited years, no, decades, for a plastic stocked Model 39 that comes in 27 different colors and camo patterns, not to mention 87 different intricately laser engraved scenes on the wooden stocks...

But seriously, I don't see this as a bad thing at all. the old Marlin quality really was on the same level as Ruger's long term quality and that's not a damning statement. Both built their business on workmanlike firearms that were plenty "good enough" to get the job done, all at an affordable price point. With Ruger's skill at bringing products to market quickly maybe they will expand the lineup and existing Marlin models or chamberings. And maybe, yeah, I know this is like a 1 in a brazillion zillion chance, but maybe they will finally put 1:20" twist barrels on Model 1894 .44 Magnums.

Of course, the real elephant in the room is how this will affect the vituperative 10/22 vs. Model 60 arguments?? confused

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Imagine a Marlin 39A under 3 grand.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by doubletap

OK, almost barfed on my keyboard.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I might just have to talk my wife into moving to TN laugh

Y'all could by the place next to Bristoe and rent that pond to him.........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by doubletap
have you checked the price of a new 39-A?

IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Be interesting to see what Ruger does with Marlin. They don’t need the bolt action/semiauto rimfire guns, but they CAN do something with the lever action rifles. It’d be great to see lots of variations and special editions of the lever guns, like Ruger has done with their own stuff, through Lipseys/etc.

At least they’ll concentrate on making GUNS, not on creating debt..

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
https://wibx950.com/preliminary-details-of-remington-bankruptcy-has-ilion-worried/

This says they (Roundhill) got Remington for $13 million??? How did some other gun company NOT jump on that??

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A lever action 22 would be a nice thing for ruger. Would investment cast steel parts work on a 39 design? Maybe make a comeback, and a choice available other than the Henry.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sportsmans whorehouse and tapco, a marriage made in heaven!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I thought the ammo business was bought by Palmetto State in S. Carolina. I was hoping Ruger would buy the Marlin brand. Lever actions go good with their western revolvers. They could sell them as a combo. Maybe S&W will buy the shotgun rifle business.

That leaves H&R, Bushmaster, and DPMS.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
But seriously, I don't see this as a bad thing at all. the old Marlin quality really was on the same level as Ruger's long term quality and that's not a damning statement. Both built their business on workmanlike firearms that were plenty "good enough" to get the job done, all at an affordable price point. With Ruger's skill at bringing products to market quickly maybe they will expand the lineup and existing Marlin models or chamberings. And maybe, yeah, I know this is like a 1 in a brazillion zillion chance, but maybe they will finally put 1:20" twist barrels on Model 1894 .44 Magnums.

Of course, the real elephant in the room is how this will affect the vituperative 10/22 vs. Model 60 arguments?? confused

That’s how I see it too. Different firearms but I think there are a lot of parallels between them and that they’re a natural fit.

Barnes should be in safe hands with Sierra. I’m glad to see that both are staying with American companies.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
P
Maybe we can get an 1894 in .480 Ruger!

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Damn I was hoping there'd be some good Marlins again.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Well, I'm a Rem fan, but this semi-old man has what he needs. Just sad that such an iconic American gun company might leave us. Happy, that the brand might rise out of the ashes. How the brands remain or are distributed remains to be seen.

But, there ain't no 2 ways about it, some new start ups could be very interesting. Rem struggled with Marlin, that was struggling when they bought it. Ruger better hold on. The ride should be worth watching.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Remingtons biggest problem was debt, and the fact that they were being sued by the sandy hook victims.I would assume that the courts are steming that for the new owners. Maybe that's why the bid was so low for that portion of the company. Remingron couldn't make anything the public wanted these last few years. Marlin is finally up and running and making a hell of a nice product , hopefully that can continue.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

621 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 16penny, 10Glocks, 68 invisible), 2,048 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,269
Posts18,448,326
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.