Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Pursuant to the 2,000 yard pistol shot thread I was looking for that TV Western episode where the good guy carves a tree branch into a stock for his pistol and takes the bad guy out at rifle range.

Dunno why it came back with this Rifleman episode but here ya go. Lucas gets dragged behind a horse and has his rifle stolen, brings out a ruthless side not often seen.

Cool Bible reference too (couldn’t do that today).

The episode was directed by Sam Peckinpah hisself, who eleven years later bring us The Wild Bunch.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
BP-B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The Rifleman killed more men than smallpox.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The Rifleman killed more men than smallpox.

And Cecil B. DeMille!

I love the Rifleman. My fav episode is the one with Mark Twain.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I wonder how many people modified their lever guns to fire on closing.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I was off 2 1/2 months a few years ago. I watched every episode. It was then I noticed Chuck was left handed. In the opening credits he operates the rifle right handed. He played for the Celtics and the Dodgers also.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Before Chuck Norris there was Chuck Connors
Never [bleep] with a Chuck

Last edited by JimHnSTL; 09/27/20.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I had a toy model 92 when I was a kid that had a little flip up piece on the lever that would trip the trigger when you closed the lever. I think it was made by Mattel. I wore it out pretty quick.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I had a toy model 92 when I was a kid that had a little flip up piece on the lever that would trip the trigger when you closed the lever. I think it was made by Mattel. I wore it out pretty quick.

I might have had the same one, had plastic bullets you put green-n-stick’em caps on.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I could be broke down at our farm property, 1/2 bar of cell service...call my old man, need some tools.....he would wait till Rifleman or Big valley or paladin goes off before leaving the house. 😃🤣🤪

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Watched the episode. Saw him cock the rifle by spinning it. It didn’t fire on closing when he did so.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I used to have a miniature souvenir bat w/ Chuck Connors' signature, I think he was w/ the Portland Beavers minor league team.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Johnny Crawford has a band.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Back in the early 60's Mattel made a Winchester Rifle cap gun with that trigger mechanism.

[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My all time favorite western series.
Connors was also the first player in the NBA to break a backboard.
Who got all the dead gunslingers guns that Lucas killed?
I always hoped to see 3-400 colts hanging in the barn!
He put a colt Saa on/in an old board with a twig for a sight once too!
Great show!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pursuant to the 2,000 yard pistol shot thread I was looking for that TV Western episode where the good guy carves a tree branch into a stock for his pistol and takes the bad guy out at rifle range.

Dunno why it came back with this Rifleman episode but here ya go. Lucas gets dragged behind a horse and has his rifle stolen, brings out a ruthless side not often seen.

Cool Bible reference too (couldn’t do that today).

The episode was directed by Sam Peckinpah hisself, who eleven years later bring us The Wild Bunch.

FWIW . . . That was Season 01 Episode 02

Here is Season 01 Episode 01

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Back in the early 60's Mattel made a Winchester Rifle cap gun with that trigger mechanism.

[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]

As I recall, that's like the one I had.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K

Originally Posted by 06hunter59
My all time favorite western series.
Connors was also the first player in the NBA to break a backboard.
Who got all the dead gunslingers guns that Lucas killed?
I always hoped to see 3-400 colts hanging in the barn!
He put a colt Saa on/in an old board with a twig for a sight once too!
Great show!

That episode was just on like last week! I remembered it from when I was a kid. LOL

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL

I might have had the same one, had plastic bullets you put green-n-stick’em caps on.

I had one too and am pretty sure it was made by Mattel. I don't remember if I had the firing bullets, though. A kid down the street had one also, and I remember he got the idea that if he rubbed the stock down with a stick of butter, it would preserve it and make it look better. I thought it was a good idea too, and did the same. That was over 60 years ago and I can't recall whether the stock was wood or plastic (but I'm thinking plastic)...four-year olds can be pretty impressionable.

I liked The Rifleman, but I was a fan of "Wanted Dead or Alive" long before I ever saw Chuck Connors on TV. Steve McQueen played Josh Randall, a bounty hunter who carried a badass little cut down lever action. I liked the way the brim of his hat was curled up, and I came up with the notion that if I gathered up enough green grass and rolled it up in the brim of my hat, it would stay rolled up in that shape. So that's what I did...and when I walked in the house with that hat on with all that grass trolled up in the brim, Mom ran my little three-year old ass out the door for no good reason. That took place in Alpine, Texas while my [then] step-father was finishing up a degree at Sul Ross State.

Interesting time of my life, it was. I learned about jets breaking the sound barrier (late 50s), but I also learned that searching for the thing that hit the ground with such a tremendous thud, and therefore just had to be nearby, was a pointless effort. I looked all day for this broken sound barrier, confident that I would recognize it when I saw it. Never did find the damned thing.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ring3

Watched the episode. Saw him cock the rifle by spinning it. It didn’t fire on closing when he did so.

Watch it again, when the evil ranch hand picks it up and woks the action it goes off, the ranch hatch remarks on this then fires some more rounds just by working the action.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
209 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 21 invisible), 1,543 guests, and 876 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,917
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.