Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Seeing a lot of Democrats saying they should not participate in the SCOTUS confirmation hearings. I can wholeheartedly get behind this tactic and I think we should all go to the Democrat Underground and encourage them to demand a complete Democrat boycott. It would be over by Wednesday.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jake,

do they need a certain amount to show up in order to have a quorum?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They talk big, but their mouths are watering to act like Juvenile Delinquents in front of the camera... Again.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I heard nobody wanted to show up because Jerrold Nadler always schitts his pants and stinks up the Democrat half of the chamber.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And I pray to God that all their immature, theatrical drama circus of lies & slander & B.S. blows up in their face this coming election. An awful lot of Americans are fed up with their chit.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Jake,

III. QUORUMS

1. Seven Members of the Committee, actually present, shall constitute a quorum for the purpose of discussing business. Nine Members of the Committee, including at least two Members of the minority, shall constitute a quorum for the purpose of transacting business. No bill, matter, or nomination shall be ordered reported from the Committee, however, unless a majority of the Committee is actually present at the time such action is taken and a majority of those present support the action taken.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Jake,

I suppose if the quorum rule doesn’t allow a committee hearing then just go straight to the Senate floor for a confirmation vote. The Dems had a chance and just proved their only contribution to the process is a giant hissy fit. Dave

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
You can bet they will do whatever they can to discredit her, they can’t help themselves!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I say forgo the hearings and go to a vote in the senate. The anonymous letter that will surface accusing judge amy of something and its gonna call for a full fbi investigation blah, blah, blah.

Shes gonna get confirmed, just do it

Last edited by Joel/AK; 09/27/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Let them boycott. There's nothing in the constitution about even having hearings. It's custom, not law. All the constitution requires is a vote with a quorum present. I wouldn't object to her being approved with a 51 - 0 vote.
As far as a having a quorum, senate rules say that a head count for a quorum can't be held unless a senator asks for one. If no one asks, the VP assumes that a quorum is present and business goes on as usual. To ask, at least 1 Dem senator has to be there and he's counted as being present.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Hopefully women everywhere will be paying attention to confirmation process.

Life is good live it while you can.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Hopefully women everywhere will be paying attention to confirmation process.

This.

These proceedings will be an excellent opportunity for the dems to alienate a LOT of women voters.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
I say forgo the hearings and go to a vote in the senate. The anonymous letter that will surface accusing judge amy of something and its gonna call for a full fbi investigation blah, blah, blah.

Shes gonna get confirmed, just do it

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Let them boycott. There's nothing in the constitution about even having hearings. It's custom, not law. All the constitution requires is a vote with a quorum present. I wouldn't object to her being approved with a 51 - 0 vote.
As far as a having a quorum, senate rules say that a head count for a quorum can't be held unless a senator asks for one. If no one asks, the VP assumes that a quorum is present and business goes on as usual. To ask, at least 1 Dem senator has to be there and he's counted as being present.

What happens if the Democrats boycott the vote , not just the hearings.

Can McConnell call for a floor vote with no Democrats .

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The Democrats care about women as much as they care about blacks- to the extent that they're liberal cult members that vote Democrat.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by steve4102
What happens if the Democrats boycott the vote , not just the hearings.

Can McConnell call for a floor vote with no Democrats .

Yes, Mcconnell can just say that Romney represents the democrates and call for a vote.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm sure their will be a dems there to vote. Some, I'm sure, are up for re-election and need the help for voting for her.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The more of the DNC that hides in their basements the better as far as I care.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Good. Let them show their asses, again. Trump just secured the suburban housewife vote.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from img-9gag-fun.9cache.com]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1OntarioJim, 1234, 11point, 160user, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 72 invisible), 3,001 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,335
Posts18,468,674
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.