Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Hopefully Ruger fixes Marlin QC. Someone could bring back Remington as a mid range brand with the 700, bag the cheapo lines and keep the scatter guns.

Green box Remington ammo has always been decent and popular.

Joke of the day!

Ruger has been making Blaxkhawks in 45 for what 50 years. Plus.

And they still can't get the throats right.

How many years did they put bad barrels on their guns?
And fanboys blame the vendors. cry

A batch? Maybe. Should they have found it?
But over years?

No, Rugers quality control is way to schiddy to fix anybody's mess.

Mule Deer:
" I've owned a pile of 77's of all eras. While one barrel truly sucked (a 7x57 with a bore that had numerous loose spots, with the tight spots measuring .287), all the others shot anywhere from acceptably to very well. My acceptable rating is three shots in an inch for big game rifles, and five shots in an inch for varmint rifles, and very well is half that. Most of them required some work on the bedding and trigger, but then a lot of factory rifles do."

Boxer - Big Stick:
"I've Ruger familiarity and accept them for what they are. Light or bullet proof they are not, though curiously enough they are oft maligned by the masses for "accuracy" woe which I've yet to see, though of course I shoot a bit, which tend to tip numerous scales."
A general comment about the rifles I owned and owned by others is, some would show respectable accuracy from the get go, others it would take several rounds to show respectable accuracy, some liked a clean barrel, some shot best with a dirty barrel. But, you know, I have seen this behavior in other rifle makes and models, too.

One rifle I owned shot great from the start then suddenly groups opened up...way up. A gunsmith member at the gun club shared a tip to see if it corrected the problem. He said it is possible the angle screw touched the stock hole after a few rounds. Further advised to take the gun apart and slightly ream the stock hole with a 1/4" round file. WOW! That cured the problem. I have helped 2 or 3 other club members do the same thing.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
It is sad to see them scuttle Remington.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When did all of this go down and where is the info on it??

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Truth about Guns has a story on it .

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
It is sad to see them scuttle Remington.

It truly is but that investment firm robbed them blind, at a time when Remington should have done nothing but grown it crashed because it was robbed blind.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Unfortunately, resurrecting the 39A would be like resurrecting the 9422--at least a thousand dollar proposition in todays market, even if you built it in the Phillipines. Dont see how it would sell enough to justify the tooling.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who gets H&R, hopefully Ruger.

Oh I see, JJE Capital Holdings, LLC

I’m very happy to see Ruger get Marlin. Ruger really listens to customers pretty good and there is a lot to like and work with the Marlin

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 09/27/20.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Does or did Remington own Dakota Rifles? Did Remington fug that all up also?

Coyotes shot no waiting.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Who gets H&R, hopefully Ruger.

Oh I see, JJE Capital Holdings, LLC

Thats the capital group ran by the founder of Palmetto state armory

Last edited by marktheshark; 09/27/20.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
For the much more complete story and interesting reading if you read fast Truth about Guns links to a 1498 ppg. Court document Case No. 20-81688-CRJ11 with more filings available from the court's sites and presumably Lexis/Nexis and such.

I expect Ruger to operate/fold in Marlin and Bushmaster to continue or be folded into Franklin Armory. Barnes should be a useful addition to a Sierra that faces increasing competition from Berger. If Storm Lake continues in operation as in the past I will buy some threaded barrels - currently I have an order in with Barsto but that's a you can only pick good can't have fast OR cheap of the other two - granted none better for quality and helpfulness.

Most buyers seem to be speculators and not to be gun people. I expect there was some arbitrage betting on whether Harris will be issuing executive orders next year and value goes to zero or Trump continues and value goes with quality of product.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think a stainless laminate Ultra resurrection would be well appreciated even at a higher price

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
Originally Posted by jnyork
No doubt Ruger has the skills and knowledge to resurrect the Marlin name and restore its reputation and quality. Wonder if they might start making the 39A again?

It would be great if Ruger brought the 39A back and did it right. Time will only tell. Where is the info on who got what? Just curious is all as I hadn’t read anything anywhere prior to this.

Yep!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Remington does own Dakota pending sale including the FFL as located in Sturgis. The term occurs a dozen times in the Court document, referenced elsewhere in this thread including South Dakota water issues.

There are references in the Court document that might or might not - I haven't made a close study and if anybody cares I encourage them to do their own reading and research 1498 searchable pages - mention the disposition of Dakota including a suggestion that if anybody who didn't buy it ends up with pieces of Dakota the person in possession owes that piece to the buyer, at least I think it can be read that way. Disentangling Dakota and the Remington Custom Shop will be difficult and I suppose expensive.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Ruger is not likely to bring back the 39 or anything else with Marlin. I expect that they will turn Marlin production over to everything cheap, plastic-stocked, and tacticool. They will probably make very little that actually resembles a Marlin.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Vista? Get ready for more ammo rebates. The only way Vista knows how to market is by rebates.

Bb

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by roundoak
OK, so it is obvious it will shoot in some guns, but not just yours.

Riiight it must be my lack of firearm maintenance. That Remington Thunderbolt ammunition is far and away one of the most (probably the most) absolutely hated .22 lr on the market with countless negative reviews describing similar issues would say otherwise.

I read that they produced lead fouling so I had to see for myself. Bought a box of Thunderturds and fired them through a Ruger pistol. Got strips of lead in the bore.

If roundoak is happy with his gun and those groups he posted, good for him. I wouldn't be. Minute of squirrel isn't good enough for me. My 10/22 carbine with factory barrel will shoot consistently into 3/4 inch at 50 yards with decent factory ammo, not match grade. Have to wonder what his cleaning protocol is. Maybe he subscribes to the "never clean a .22" school. As far as the operator, I know jnyork shoots silhouette competition, so I trust his judgment, and I shoot matches also, factory class. I know how to shoot and maintain a .22.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dale06
Hope Ruger doesn’t get the Rem 700, and make it as inaccurate as Ruger centerfires.

You must have different Rugers than I do.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by marktheshark
Originally Posted by dale06
Hope Ruger doesn’t get the Rem 700, and make it as inaccurate as Ruger centerfires.

Ruger only got the Marlin line, the non marlin Remington brand gun line went to a real Estate capital investment group. H&r, Dpms, stormlake, aac and parker to a capital group ran by founder of Palmetto State Armory and bushmaster to Franklin Armory

What a twisted web! Maybe PSA can sell a 700 with enhanced trigger?
Better yet - just drop that pos X-mark trigger and assign the contract to TriggerTech and use those for the M700... Oh - and ensure the handles don't fall off... laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I bought my first nice deer rifle in 1979 from my shop foreman, I was 18. It was a Remington 700 Classic in .270. I killed my biggest buck to date with it last season. In using it there is no comparison to it and the never 700s and it's been that way for years. Mine is much better and has always shot sub 1 minute groups with factory ammo. I'm not sure when it happened but most of the big name companies started a different approach to manufacturing and took most of the skilled hands on work out of the firearms business, much the same as Winchester by re-making the model 70 after 1964. This, to me, was the beginning of the end for many. The accountants had more sway on the company than the people that knew how to build things. Then with rich people looking for places to invest and not knowing anything about the shooting world it got worse.

Remington has made some excellent stuff over the years. I hate to see a great company go down and hope we see it make a comeback. It seems a hard sell in today's climate for quality with the crowd that most companies look to, the younger folks. Were it up to me I'd step back a few years and bring back the model 788 for an economical field grade rifle and make sure every 700 that went out the door had a glass smooth action and that it shot as well as anything that can be had. Drop the handguns and the AR line and cater to the hunter. And only hire real shooters. Then get a PR man like Herb Parsons to show off the best MADE IN USA rifle you could buy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Paul39
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by roundoak
OK, so it is obvious it will shoot in some guns, but not just yours.

Riiight it must be my lack of firearm maintenance. That Remington Thunderbolt ammunition is far and away one of the most (probably the most) absolutely hated .22 lr on the market with countless negative reviews describing similar issues would say otherwise.

I read that they produced lead fouling so I had to see for myself. Bought a box of Thunderturds and fired them through a Ruger pistol. Got strips of lead in the bore.

If roundoak is happy with his gun and those groups he posted, good for him. I wouldn't be. Minute of squirrel isn't good enough for me. My 10/22 carbine with factory barrel will shoot consistently into 3/4 inch at 50 yards with decent factory ammo, not match grade. Have to wonder what his cleaning protocol is. Maybe he subscribes to the "never clean a .22" school. As far as the operator, I know jnyork shoots silhouette competition, so I trust his judgment, and I shoot matches also, factory class. I know how to shoot and maintain a .22.

Paul
Yep, I am happy with the groups with that ammo and the iron sighted 1906. Is that 10/22 carbine scoped? As far as my cleaning protocol, I shoot until accuracy falls off. I don't shoot matches with 22 rimfires or centerfires, just small game, big game and varmints.

Good for you that you know how to shoot and maintain a 22 and glad you put it in the thread so there is no question about your experience.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 70 invisible), 2,485 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,681
Posts18,456,303
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.