Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Has anyone ever heard of this outfit in North Mizzo? I am planning a guided/semi guided/possibly DIY trip in the northern states in 2020. A guy at work told me of this place that his buddys went and had good success for a fair price for whitetails. Just started looking so not dead set on anything yet.

Dont eat the big white mint!
GB1

C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
We had a pretty terrible experience with them. Sent us to 400 acres on an unguided/semi guided hunt. Never showed us property or gave us an address other than to send him a check. We chased google pins all over Missouri but found our cabin and ground.

Day 4 of our 7 day hunt couple guys were going back to the cabin midday for lunch. I got a text that said meet us at the road. Big problems...

Seems the landowner was never paid. He stole the license plate off my buddy's truck and was waiting there when he came out of the woods. Said Bill Zawilla never paid and he was using the plate as leverage to get his money. Ruined out trip.

If you want more details PM me and I will give you my number.
I have a full blown review over on archerytalk.com.

Yes he has some successful hunters and in that area there are good deer. But Bill Zawilla did nothing but lie to us once things got hairy. I have hundred of texts to prove it, and we also recorded 2 phone calls in case we needed more evidence.

He did refund half our hunt. But fug that guy and his outfit.

Hunt...
C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If anyone would like to call me for more details I will provide my phone number via PM.

This dude is shady.

Hunt...
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by CBB
If anyone would like to call me for more details I will provide my phone number via PM.

This dude is shady.

Many thanks for the phone call and info!

Dont eat the big white mint!
C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You're welcome, would hate to see someone else's hunt go the way ours did!

Good luck finding a place.

Last edited by CBB; 12/15/19.

Hunt...
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

so the landowner stole the plate.....in retaliation for not getting paid by the "outfitter" that he made a business deal with....

sounds like the landowner is as big a chickenshit as the cheating outfitter.....bob

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by BobMt

so the landowner stole the plate.....in retaliation for not getting paid by the "outfitter" that he made a business deal with....

sounds like the landowner is as big a chickenshit as the cheating outfitter.....bob

Agreed !

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Yep, I'd had it out with the landowner or had the cops on his ass.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Girlhunter
Yep, I'd had it out with the landowner or had the cops on his ass.

Agreed...Landowner would be screwing the plate back on my rig or having a permanent 6 digit tattoo of it on his forehead. Seriously! 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I agree with you fellas on all accounts. I'm the hot head in the group. Luckily my pal ran into the landowner and not me hes far more calm cool and calculating. I probably would have lost my [bleep].

Hunt...
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by CBB
I agree with you fellas on all accounts. I'm the hot head in the group. Luckily my pal ran into the landowner and not me hes far more calm cool and calculating. I probably would have lost my [bleep].

what happened......bob

C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
When they met up at the truck when the plate was stolen?

The landowner introduced himself, and told my bud that he had taken his plate and why. He then told my bud that we could get the plate back if we wrote him a check for 4000$.

Chad explained that we had paid for the hunt, we had proof of that with a personal check and we didnt owe him anything else.

Landowner said to him that we were all victims and he was sorry but he was keeping the plate until he got his money.

They exchanged phone numbers and parted ways. That's when we hooked up and called Bill Zawilla the guy who owns Twisted Oaks.

Hunt...
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

did anybody call the cops......stealing the license plate is probably against the law......so because of the landowner bad business arrangement...your buddy has to undergo a bunch of crap...….bob

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by CBB
When they met up at the truck when the plate was stolen?

The landowner introduced himself, and told my bud that he had taken his plate and why. He then told my bud that we could get the plate back if we wrote him a check for 4000$.

Chad explained that we had paid for the hunt, we had proof of that with a personal check and we didnt owe him anything else.

Landowner said to him that we were all victims and he was sorry but he was keeping the plate until he got his money.

They exchanged phone numbers and parted ways. That's when we hooked up and called Bill Zawilla the guy who owns Twisted Oaks.

Wow, no way I'd have allowed that.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by BobMt

No kidding. Sounds pretty F’ing petty.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Just go to the courthouse and tell them the plate fell off. Cost allot less than 4 Grand

C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
We never paid the 4grand and had 0 intention of paying it. It's a simple as calling the police and reporting it lost/stolen.

Hunt...
C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I received a PM on another forum yesterday asking if they could contact me regarding Bill Zawilla and Twisted Oak Hunts.

Seems ol Billy is back to his old tricks. Not my story so I won't spare the details.

Just bumping this to the top so others can beware. Seems they read my post and asked bill about us. Said he doesn't do business like that anymore and they went with him anyway...

BEWARE

Hunt...
S
S
CBB.. can you please message me? I joined when I saw info on the internet and I have interacted enough on this site to message you. I’ve been going after Bill for the last 8 months. I appreciate it!

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Sounds like a stand up guy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,248 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,739
Posts18,457,647
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.