Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Marshhawk
Sharp Shoot R Royal Case Sizing Lube 5 oz Aerosol this is the stuff I use for case lube and it is the best I have found. Plus it smells GREAT:)

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012981131?pid=782240

Do you leave in on the cases after loading

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No but I don't reload 223 on a progressive. I size them and throw them in a tumbler for 15 min or so then do my thing. If I can find a 223 progressive I will probably pick one up soon.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I use lee sizing wax and a single stage first. After resizing, trimming, and cutting primer pocket crimps as needed I use a progressive press and a lee crimp die.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What I like about the spray on lube that I use is I throw a bunch of cases in a bag and spray some lube in there and hand tumble them. Then pull them out and I will run a Qtip with lube on every second or 3rd case neck. You could do the same with any spray lube. I just have had excellent luck with the Sharp Shooter Royal.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
FWIW, "Grit 'O Cob" corncob blasting media is much finer and won't stick inside flash-holes. A 50# bag is ~$50 and is virtually a lifetime supply of tumbling media for most folks. ~1# will fill up the smaller Dillon tumbler and you can tumble 2000-2500 rounds before you need to change. I want my brass "clean" in ~15min worth of tumbling, I'm not concerned about "shiny". The finer media also makes the vibratory tumblers MUCH quieter.

I save my "used" media in gallon ziplocks and use it as "floor-dry" when necessary as it seems to still work pretty well for that.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My only progressive press loads shotgun shells and I don’t spend time worrying about all this stuff. laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
Made this video many years ago
Was using a Redding bushing neck die with a carbide bushing so no lube required
Have since gone to a LCD and it works better, set the die to cam over slightly.Dillon 223
Done many thousands this way and they shoot as good as the rifle will

Edited to add the rifle IS sub moa all day long

I have several Lee Collet dies. These I use for my bolt action rifles, never for a semi-auto, unless I couple it with a Redding Body die.

Lee does not recommend setting the Collet die to Cam/Toggle over. No feel and can damage the die.
. Other brands of presses that toggle or snap over center at the end of the stroke provide no feel and can damage the collet neck sizing die if adjusted as above. We suggest the die be screwed in until the die contacts the shell holder, plus 2 FULL TURNS. This will prevent the press from toggling over center and give the operator feel of the collet closing.
o

I have tried setting a Collet die to cam over on my RCBS Turret press, I was not successful.
Now all my Collet dies are set up according to Lee’s +2 Turns as well as undersized mandrel.

If I were to go progressive, I would not use a neck die.

Nothing like some dick on the internet telling you something you have been successfully doing for years won’t work

F*ck you
I never said it wouldn’t work, I said I didn’t have success with the the cam over.

Steve is one of those dumb asses that thinks he shoots a lot.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I did the spray and pray thing for awhile in Nam. It's not near as effective as one well aimed round.

I don't have much use for pistols.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

I don't have much use for pistols.

How dare you...

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never said I didn’t know how to use them.

Roy

I am..........disturbed.

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (10Glocks, 1234, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 74 invisible), 2,571 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,668
Posts18,455,952
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.