Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
That leaves H&R, Bushmaster, and DPMS.

If you go to the link in the OP, you can find out about those too.

GB1

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by fburgtx
https://wibx950.com/preliminary-details-of-remington-bankruptcy-has-ilion-worried/

This says they (Roundhill) got Remington for $13 million??? How did some other gun company NOT jump on that??

They also assume a lot of liability.

Roughly half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I might just have to talk my wife into moving to TN laugh

Y'all could by the place next to Bristoe and rent that pond to him.........

He's in KT I do believe.

But, if I were to move there, I might let him fish in it for free.......................if he gives up bashing Californians...................Bash the State, sure......but the people are off limits.

Last edited by Valsdad; 09/27/20.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How long before varmint guy starts the next remington dissolution thread? A pool ?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, the acquisition of Barnes gives Sierra a foot in the door of the "non-lead" ammo side of things.

Unless I'm mistaken, they presently don't have an offering in that format.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by HankMcMauser
Remingtons biggest problem was debt, and the fact that they were being sued by the sandy hook victims.I would assume that the courts are steming that for the new owners. Maybe that's why the bid was so low for that portion of the company. Remingron couldn't make anything the public wanted these last few years. Marlin is finally up and running and making a hell of a nice product , hopefully that can continue.

Their biggest problem was they were purchased by a capital firm.....those are interested in one thing, sucking as much profit from the existing business as possible, then selling off the remains.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Ruger is an incredible company.

This will only be good for Marlin and gun nuts.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by deflave

This. I hope that they decide to manufacture the 39A and are able to hold the cost down a little with their more modern approach to manufacturing, if they do I will be one of the first to buy one. Drug my feet too long in the past to get one. The lever guns should go hand in hand with their single action revolvers. I've probably had better luck with Ruger quality control as I've had with Kimber, Remington (the worst) or Winchester ( not the present company).

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Damn I was hoping there'd be some good Marlins again.

If Ruger is involved no more Marlins for Me

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Which will come 1st:

1. "Marlin" 96/22

2. Marlin 39-A in SS and Left-Handed

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Originally Posted by horse1
Which will come 1st:

1. "Marlin" 96/22

2. Marlin 39-A in SS and Left-Handed

I love those 96's.

I need to snag one sooner or later.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by grumpy7904
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Damn I was hoping there'd be some good Marlins again.

If Ruger is involved no more Marlins for Me

You buy you a bad Ruger?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ChuckKY

This. I hope that they decide to manufacture the 39A and are able to hold the cost down a little with their more modern approach to manufacturing, if they do I will be one of the first to buy one. Drug my feet too long in the past to get one. The lever guns should go hand in hand with their single action revolvers. I've probably had better luck with Ruger quality control as I've had with Kimber, Remington (the worst) or Winchester ( not the present company).

I love the 39 and they are nice guns, but if you ever come across a BL-22 try and put hands on it before walking away.

They are incredible.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I like Ruger. So there’s that...

But a high QC, highly finished complex manufactured lever right isn’t exactly what Ruger has been moving towards.

They don’t even make a wood/blued 77/Hawkeye anymore other than the African limited offerings. Same for 77/22. They’ve figured out they can sell a bunch of entry label poorly finished guns and make more money than selling a single better finished gun.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Cheesy

I like Ruger. So there’s that...

But a high QC, highly finished complex manufactured lever right isn’t exactly what Ruger has been moving towards.

They don’t even make a wood/blued 77/Hawkeye anymore other than the African limited offerings. Same for 77/22. They’ve figured out they can sell a bunch of entry label poorly finished guns and make more money than selling a single better finished gun.

Thats just smart business. I think with modern tooling, and machinery the Marlin levers should be a profitable business venture. Unfortunately they'll have to move all that, or lease the existing facility from the new owners. Let's hope they find a way to make it work .

Roughly half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm afraid I'm going to have to call someone at Dakota to find out what's going on there. The Remington Custom Shop moved out there some years ago.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

He's in KT I do believe.

But, if I were to move there, I might let him fish in it for free.......................if he gives up bashing Californians...................Bash the State, sure......but the people are off limits.

But the state is beautiful. The people are the problem.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
From my standpoint, and only because I like the round, the fact that Ruger made the Hawkeye pistol, and Marlin a Levermatic chambered in .256 Winchester Magnum, perhaps a now joint company can come up with something reasonably priced in that chambering?

A Marlin 94 chambered in .357 doesn't seem like something hard to convert to a .257 cal barrel, does it?

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gregintenn

He's in KT I do believe.

But the state is beautiful. The people are the problem.

Wrong, "some" people are the problem. Mainly the "elected" ones. Elected by those that live in cities. And most of those aren't real "people" in my mind, just automatons.

In it is contentment

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

I love the 39 and they are nice guns, but if you ever come across a BL-22 try and put hands on it before walking away.

They are incredible.

The BL-22 would be the smart choice no doubt, but you know how gun loonies are. My favorite uncle loaned me his 39A when I was about 14 years old to take and use as my own. I killed more squirrels with that thing behind my dad's house than I should ever admit. I bought one of the Henry lever 22 rifles, nice gun also. But I just have a spot in my heart I need to fill with that 39A.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

644 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 63 invisible), 2,181 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,136
Posts18,464,760
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.