Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Tough to recover after an equity firm buys you out, leverages a sale after raping your capital, then allows the company to become deep in debt and essentially worthless on the market all the while cutting corners and cheapening the product line.

I doubt whoever takes over Remington will produce a fine quality rifle ever again at a price point acceptable to the consumer after the schitstain of bankruptcy. Maybe the value of older Remington rifles will go up like the pre-64 Winchesters. Here’s hoping....

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jnyork
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Probably best thing to happen to Marlin.
If someone would take Remington, get rid of the schit handguns, the schit rifles and make the 700, a decent couple rimfires, the 1100, 870 & 11-87 and do them right finally, they could probably be GTG.

What about Bubba and his $279 price point?

😃

Let him eat cake.

I suspect all of that will happen.

Ruger is about making money the right way.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Any time an investment firm is interested in a company it is to use the company as a tax loss deduction, thats why they buy failing companys..

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Ruger could do a nice limited run of lever guns, call em Lipseys exclusives ( like the Number 1).

Last edited by hookeye; 09/28/20.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Blood suckers at work, yet again.

Not too unlike vultures pecking away at road kill...

Mittens Romney and his like have feasted on distressed companies for decades. Suck'em dry, throw'em to the wolves, move on to the next carcass...

If what I hear about Marlin is true (Ruger getting them) that's good news. Ruger will make them better and will probably offer unique versions, which will be exciting. I can even see them making some retro, vintage offerings.. Bill Ruger would love that. So will we.

Time will tell.

DF

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MarkWV
I feel sorry for H&R.

I do to, but they've been out of business for the last 5 years.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
If someone would take Remington, get rid of the schit handguns, the schit rifles and make the 700, a decent couple rimfires, the 1100, 870 & 11-87 and do them right finally, they could probably be GTG.

What about Bubba and his $279 price point?

😃

Remington got one of the best of the low priced rifles when they acquired Marlin. The X7 series was certainly vastly better than Remington's own attempt at a budget rifle, the lamentable 710 / 770. The could have just kept selling them as Marlins, but Remington decided to sell them as Remington 783s, after adding the large dose of ugly Remington seemed to think a budget gun required.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’m glad I have plenty, the newer ones may not be very good.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by hanco
I’m glad I have plenty, the newer ones may not be very good.

I'm sure Ruger had some things in mind when they took on Marlin.

Could get interesting.

Otherwise, I agree.

Not a good thing generally for us shooters and gun nuts.

DF

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
I wonder if Ruger has any interest in Remington’s shotgun line?

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ruger subbed out its barrels in the80- 90's and they were not that good ala mini-14. they now hammer forge them which I think makes the best mass produced barrel

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
what gets me is why these companies allow the demonic vultures to buy their way in? look what the tribe did to cabelas

Last edited by SPQR70AD; 09/28/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hubert
Any time an investment firm is interested in a company it is to use the company as a tax loss deduction, thats why they buy failing companys..

Yup they suck every dime that they can out and then bankrupt it on the suppliers and taxpayers backs.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
Originally Posted by jnyork
No doubt Ruger has the skills and knowledge to resurrect the Marlin name and restore its reputation and quality. Wonder if they might start making the 39A again?

It would be great if Ruger brought the 39A back and did it right. Time will only tell. Where is the info on who got what? Just curious is all as I hadn’t read anything anywhere prior to this.

Ruger no longer makes their 77/22 walnut/blued.

For center fires you can’t buy a 77/Hawkeye in wood/blued, only wood/stainless/threaded.

They’ve gone big on RAR plastic price point stuff.

Red Label shotguns are long gone.

#1s are ultra limited production.

Does that bode well for a 39 reappearance?

Ruger periodically suspends production of stuff that is in good supply in the marketplace. Why keep making stuff that's already out there for buyers? They will be back, as will other stuff as demand warrants. If Remington was run by smarter people, they wouldnt have gotten chopped up.

Any retailer or wholesaler can order up a special run of just about any configuration Ruger makes, if they think they can sell them. See them all the time.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
what gets me is why these companies allow the demonic vultures to buy their way in? look what the tribe did to cabelas

Because they get in a bind, the big financial houses buy the assets and there it goes...

When you lose control, you have no control...

DF

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Green box Remington ammo has always been decent and popular.

+1
their green box 45-70 400 grain JSP just saved me mucho $$ !! How? It regulates well in my Beretta 45-70 DR and the 300 grain stuff that came with the gun , while very accurate from each barrel, was poorly regulated. It can easily cost $1,000 to have a double rifle regulated; that includes ammo and labor of a competent DR smith/gun maker. I actually wanted 400 grain ammo regulation anyhow, so :):):) all around!
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

CRS, NRA Benefactor Life Member, Whittington Center, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Android Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I wonder if Ruger has any interest in Remington’s shotgun line?

To me, the devil's in the details, price, market, etc.

At least they reportedly are interested in Marlin. That's a plus for us.

DF

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
If I took over Remington I'd modify the 700. Maybe call it the 7000 because it'd be about 10 times better. I'd try to leave it so it fit the same stocks and took the same aftermarket triggers. Then I'd lengthen the mag boxes to where the SA was 3.00" and the LA was about 4.00". If it can be done with a POS wyatts box there should be a better way to do it factory.

Then I'd fast twist all of the barrels and make most all 5r. 30 cals would be 8.5 twist, 7mms and 6.5s would be 8 twist, maybe 7.5 on the 6.5s, the 6mms would be 7 twist. I'd offer Creedmoor in 22 and 6mm at 7 twist and 6.5 and a new 7mm Creedmoor in 8 twists.

I'd bring back the first gen Ti and do a SS version of it. And make a LVSF again but put it in a TI saum style stock instead.

Better triggers all the way around, and quit wasting time with cerekote and and nitride everything. I think howa was stupid to get rid of their stainless and try to sell us on cerekote on a chromoly steel gun. I want corrosion protection on the inside of the bore not just the outside of the barrel. Salt bath nitride treats the bore too not just outside of the barrel.

Bb

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

This ^^^^^^^ ... Focus on making a few product variations. And do them WELL...

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I’d start with the basics (bolt centerfire ,bolt rim fire and a shotgun or two) . Update those , market those . Once successful sales numbers are happening then expand products

Bolt centerfire: SA: 223, 6.5 CM , 7/08

LA: 257 Bob (hehe) 270, 30/06

Last edited by BobBrown; 10/04/20.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

656 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,934 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,487
Posts18,452,019
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.