Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
My dad had gifted me a charter arms 38spl but it was too snubby short, so I changed it out.

I now have a model 63 in 32 Mag w/ a 4” barrel

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
My dad had gifted me a charter arms 38spl but it was too snubby short, so I changed it out.

Wow, that is cool. I didn't even know they made 63's in that caliber. Awesome.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

Wow, that is cool. I didn't even know they made 63's in that caliber. Awesome.

It's actually a model 631. wink

Ken
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Model 60 or Ruger sp101 are both great for this. I cant speak for the LCRX.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Very nice. I'm assuming it's a Model 60?

A few weeks back I picked up a 3" LCRx in .22 lr. I'm loving it. I've had a short LCR in .22 lr for several years and have been amazed with it.....but the 3" is just that much better. It has me searching for a 3" .357 LCRx.

Enjoy your S&W!

I've been wanting one of these, been hard to find even before this mess. I saw one listed the other day but it was 100 bucks more than usual and closer to the 317 price, I'd just go with the smith at that point. I bet the 3in 22lr lcrx is a great gun.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by killerv
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Very nice. I'm assuming it's a Model 60?

A few weeks back I picked up a 3" LCRx in .22 lr. I'm loving it. I've had a short LCR in .22 lr for several years and have been amazed with it.....but the 3" is just that much better. It has me searching for a 3" .357 LCRx.

Enjoy your S&W!

I've been wanting one of these, been hard to find even before this mess. I saw one listed the other day but it was 100 bucks more than usual and closer to the 317 price, I'd just go with the smith at that point. I bet the 3in 22lr lcrx is a great gun.

It's true, they are tough to find and the prices are getting jacked up. As mentioned, I'm seeing it first hand on .357 search right now. It seems Ruger isn't producing a lot of them...and I think a lot of people are snatching up what's available, even at the higher prices.

Hard to go wrong with a S&W!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have an LCRx 3" .38 +P , that I really like.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
And here I'm thinking about selling my 60 3"er. But I've got a custom SP101.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by blgoode
I was on the hunt for a more compact trail gun than some of my single actions. I didn’t want to loose the punch of a good hard cast bullet.

I came fo the conclusion that more compact had to be a 5 shot 3” j frame. This thing is a beauty to carry with you! At 28oz loaded it is hard to find anything to complain about.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Nice purchase.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
What holsters are you guys using for these 3 inchers? I’ve been using a simply rugged pancake for my 60-4 but I’m on the lookout for a shoulder holster as well.

IC B3

WFR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pabucktail
What holsters are you guys using for these 3 inchers? I’ve been using a simply rugged pancake for my 60-4 but I’m on the lookout for a shoulder holster as well.

The Simply Rugged pancake is what I was planning on ordering. Are you pleased with it so far?

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Yes. I wear them cross draw and find them comfortable and secure. Another good thing about them is the gun rides high enough for the waistbelt of a pack to go around the gun with the grip above it so you can still draw. I just like an option for a shoulder holster for versatility.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Model 60 is an outstanding revolver. Bought my wife a 38 special maybe 20 years ago and I've always loved that thing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

El Paso Saddlery:

Galco/Bianchi:

Every day’s an adventure.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by blgoode
I was on the hunt for a more compact trail gun than some of my single actions. I didn’t want to loose the punch of a good hard cast bullet.

I came fo the conclusion that more compact had to be a 5 shot 3” j frame. This thing is a beauty to carry with you! At 28oz loaded it is hard to find anything to complain about.

I have the same gun but I don't consider it a trail gun. The only thing I'd shoot on the trail would be black bear. Growing up in a bear preserve, there were a [bleep] load of them. Every male in my family, besides me, has had to "D-L-P" at least one bear. .357 just doesn't have the horsepower for the job. Rather, on the trail, I carry a .44 magnum or .454 Casull. My 329PD is not as compact as the J frame but only weighs about 2 ounces more fully loaded .. and it packs one more cartridge. In the past I've also carried .45 Colt (Ruger-only loads) and a .41 magnum. My .357 use is limited to my morning walk .. it conceals nicely under an un-tucked flannel shirt. It is very good for that.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
What holsters are you guys using for these 3 inchers?

Hill People Gear Snubbie bag is always a good choice.

I'm embarrassed about this next recommendation. Years ago I got a great deal on a Model 36 3" that came with a bunch of stuff. One of the things in the package, that I ignored when computing the overall value, was an Uncle Mike's holster. I almost threw it away, I don't like to use junk, but was heading out hiking one day and was desperate as I had nothing else for a J-frame. That gun absolutely disappeared, couldn't even tell it was there, and I REALLY hate having a gun on my belt when I hike. Not a quick draw rig by any means, but for bringing along the J-frame it worked great.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
For years I carried a 3" Mod 60 in the woods. It was my do-everything handgun, recreational plinking with family and friends, home defense, the works.

Then one day in the woods I ran into a big feral boar hog, one of the really big ones, it stood around for about a looong two or three minutes twenty yards away contemplating it's next move while I waved my arms and yelled. It just huffed and snorted, then finally pivoted and ran off a short distance into a thicket, still snorting and huffing, PO'd. I had to walk right by it to get to a sample point.

During that interval I was contemplating how many hits (w/ heavy .357 Winchester 180gr solids) I could get with the Mod 60 if the hog had rushed me from 20 yards out.

Since then I have carried a Glock in the woods, currently a Glock 19, 15 rounds of 147gr Buffalo Bore solids on hand.

Lots of places in and around the city where nobody shoots hogs, so they don't have a whole lot of fear around humans. I had a boar walking up on me this past summer, I shouted out and it just stopped and looked. A shot into the ground from the Glock sent it packing, and represented only 7% of the capacity of the gun.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
blgoode Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I agree Birdwatcher. That scenario is one I’d rather have a different option for sure.

I’m my area the most often thing to worry about would be people but a dog or crazy acting animal would be the most to worry about.

Black bears here are rarely seen but often thought about smile

www.bgoodeknives.com

NC Knifemaker
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Bianchi Black Widow here.

MAGA
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Smith Mod 60 3" is an excellent revolver but for Me I like a little more horsepower on a trail gun. I carry a Smith 629 5" as the woods in My area are thick with black bears, the only thing I regret is if I had it over again i would but a Smith 629 with a 4" barrel 👍......Hb

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

637 members (1badf350, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1234, 12344mag, 75 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,315
Posts18,449,250
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.