Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Pro, the twin cylinder 700 and 600 models where the absolute worst. Electrical problems galore with both. In addition they blew head gaskets like crazy.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have not been happy with repairs on either of the two Polaris models we have had. Starters, belts, pulleys, fuel pumps, and regulators have failed, sometimes more than once.

I got a 2013 Yamaha Kodiak 450, and so far so good. I live on a farm and use them for weed spraying, hauling irrigation fittings and pipe, herding a few cows, and that sort of stuff.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’d have to say around here, more Polaris are sold than anything else. I have two Polaris myself and no issues other than a belt on the Ranger. I stuck on some muskeg in 2016 and burnt up the belt. I do know quite a few people have blown their rear diffs out while in turf mode on their Rangers. I honestly think it’s misuse though. With that being said, I knn n is more wiped that have had issues with Can-Ams than any other ATV/UTV manufacturer.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
My Polaris General 1000, and yellow Lab, at 12,000'+ elevation near Silverton, CO this past week. 125 miles of trails, including some very steep climbs in the Kendall mountain area. Awesome machine, no problems whatsoever, power to spare for the hilly stuff. Monday's ride was 80 miles, and at the end of the day it took less than 3 gallons to fill the tank back up!
Lots of UTV's on the trail, I would guess at least 80% of them were made by Polaris.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've never been a UTV person...always done everything I needed on foot or horseback, though I have hunted off 4 wheelers a bit with friends.

I just pulled the trigger on a Polaris Ranger 570, full cab enclosure. The only reason why I went with that was because it fits the legal width and weight parameters for some of the trails around here, and I got a 10% veteran discount. Everything I have read and people I have talked to indicate that no more a percentage of Polaris are in the shop for repairs or warranty work than the other brands. It just seems so because so many more Polaris are sold.

I got this for grouse hunting and trapping. Maybe for getting further from a main road down a 2 track, then hiking in from there---for big game. I have no desire to hunt from it like most every antelope hunter in Wyoming and moose hunter in Alaska seems to do. I have a bad taste in my mouth for the vast majority of UTV users that I have crossed paths with, so I feel a bit awkward getting this thing.

We'll see how well it holds up.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
My cabin neighbors run Artic Cats and Polarises? Polari?

Anyway, they travel in packs of 3, so there is generally one running machine to fetch parts for the other 2.

I say that... like 30% tongue in cheek. There are always going to be breakdowns. Everything breaks, and it is partly a function of how its treated. But those two brands break way more than the comparable Japanese machines IME. Not saying they deserve the POS moniker.

Interesting to hear the dislike of the Can-Am machines, as they have a 6X6 out that every owner that I know of loves. I'd be interested in a 6X6, just not a Polaris.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
We have had Polaris ATV and several Rangers. Used on the farm/ranch but not abused and we have had good luck with them.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just pulled the trigger on a Polaris Ranger 570, full cab enclosure. The only reason why I went with that was because it fits the legal width and weight parameters for some of the trails around here
Mine is an RZR 800, they've since replaced it with the 900. I like it for the atv trails but also because I can haul it in the back of my pickup and still pull our camp trailer.
We have hundreds of miles of 50" trails around here (at least 100 of which are on fire right now). We seldom see any other UTV's when out riding.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

229 members (12344mag, 2UP, 163bc, 257 mag, 007FJ, 28 invisible), 1,868 guests, and 987 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,277
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.