Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
br459 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Just placed my order with Doug. Should have it next week and mounted for the weekend to try out. Looking forward to this and how it compares to the meopro

BP-B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Exactly my question, too. Can't wait to hear your user report.

I've got a few Meopros 3-9x, and 4.5-14x scopes, which I am very happy with. I am wondering if the Optika 5 is similar in image/optical quality, but with the wider magnification range. I am not really interested in the Optika 6, with its bulkier 30mm tube body. I am especially interested in the Optika5 4-20x. That seems to be just about perfect do-it-all magnification range for my hunting use.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I do some freelance work with Meopta and I have been using the Optika5 4-20x50 for 2 months now. I assure you the sight picture is impressive. Bright and clear from edge to edge and very good in low light. I took a coyote last weekend about 20 min after sunset and a hog the next evening. Mine sits on a Rem. 700 SPS .308 Win. It will definitely be hunting with me this fall.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Way to ugly up a scope, Meopta...

You'll shoot your eye out
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Mgw619
Way to ugly up a scope, Meopta...

Indeed...and the photo above omits the “blue ring” on the objective.

I have more meopta scopes than any other brand but I just can’t warm up to the looks of the Optika 6.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Wow,folks worry more about a scopes looks then performance.The Optima 6 performs way beyond its price range.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Whoever designed that hideous, huge magnification ring should be fired.

Other than that, it sounds like a good scope.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
Whoever designed that hideous, huge magnification ring should be fired.

Other than that, it sounds like a good scope.

crazy Actually the former head of sport optics at Meopta was let go last January and he was the one who brought the Optika5 and 6, lol

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Doug,

As a consumer , the Optika 6 line had too many reticle options.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Bob, Decreasing the reticle options has been addressed and you will see some changes in 2021. I know you'll ask about the magnification ring, that has also been discussed.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Huntz
Wow,folks worry more about a scopes looks then performance.The Optima 6 performs way beyond its price range.

I wouldn’t characterize it as worry.

It’s just puzzling that Meopta went out of their way to make it look “different”, which means someone had to think it was a positive aesthetic improvement.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Doug,

As a consumer , the Optika 6 line had too many reticle options.

They discontinued about 30% of the original reticle options. We brought in all we could when they did that which is how we were able to sell those at such heavily reduced prices in our clearance area on our site

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by bman940
Bob, Decreasing the reticle options has been addressed and you will see some changes in 2021. I know you'll ask about the magnification ring, that has also been discussed.

bm,

The mag ring doesn't bother me . it looks easy to manipulate

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I just got back from the rifle range where I shot a Winchester M70 scoped with a Zeiss V6 3-18x50; next to a Kimber Montana scoped with a Meopta Meopro 4.5-14x44; next to a Kimber Montana scoped with a Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44. This was in perfectly clear and bright sunlight on paper targets.

I understand this is a very limited anecdotal evaluation. That being said, in order of optical quality, I would rank the Meopta and the Swarovski equal. With the Zeiss V6 in 3rd. In other words, the Meopta Meopro is a gol-dang fine optic for the money.

The image through all the scopes was extremely bright and contrasty and sharp. The Zeiss was bumped into 3rd place because it added a slight green halo around the orange shooting dots I used for aim points. Not saying that my shooting at the range today compares to late evening hunting in the woods. All I'm saying, again, that the Meopta Meopro is an outstanding bargain.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I do some freelance work with Meopta and I have been using the Optika5 4-20x50 for 2 months now. I assure you the sight picture is impressive. Bright and clear from edge to edge and very good in low light. I took a coyote last weekend about 20 min after sunset and a hog the next evening. Mine sits on a Rem. 700 SPS .308 Win. It will definitely be hunting with me this fall.

How does the Optika 5 compare to the Meopro aside from the power differences? I know how they compare in the bino line. Are these a notch lower as well?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by shinbone
I just got back from the rifle range where I shot a Winchester M70 scoped with a Zeiss V6 3-18x50; next to a Kimber Montana scoped with a Meopta Meopro 4.5-14x44; next to a Kimber Montana scoped with a Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44. This was in perfectly clear and bright sunlight on paper targets.

I understand this is a very limited anecdotal evaluation. That being said, in order of optical quality, I would rank the Meopta and the Swarovski equal. With the Zeiss V6 in 3rd. In other words, the Meopta Meopro is a gol-dang fine optic for the money.

The image through all the scopes was extremely bright and contrasty and sharp. The Zeiss was bumped into 3rd place because it added a slight green halo around the orange shooting dots I used for aim points. Not saying that my shooting at the range today compares to late evening hunting in the woods. All I'm saying, again, that the Meopta Meopro is an outstanding bargain.

Wrong thread, homey.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by TxHunter80

How does the Optika 5 compare to the Meopro aside from the power differences? I know how they compare in the bino line. Are these a notch lower as well?

Yes, Optika is the entry level

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
"Wrong thread, homey."

It's more relevant than whining about Optika 6 reticles in a Optika 5 thread.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by shinbone
"Wrong thread, homey."

It's more relevant than whining about Optika 6 reticles in a Optika 5 thread.

Please expand on your lack of information

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
TXHunter, The MeoPro has enhanced coatings over what is used on the Optika glass. I think I can tell the difference side by side, I do the Optika is very good in low light conditions and for the $, I do not think your eyes will be disappointed. I have guys who have looked through mine and said they can tell the difference quite easily and opted for the MeoPro, a lady hunter I know, said she liked the Optika5 better and has a 3-15x44 on order. It is all very subective.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
230 members (257 mag, 2UP, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 26 invisible), 1,623 guests, and 896 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,926
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.