24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Meopta Optika 5 3-15x44 #15256778 09/25/20
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 408
B
br459 Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 408
Just placed my order with Doug. Should have it next week and mounted for the weekend to try out. Looking forward to this and how it compares to the meopro

UDM IC

Re: Meopta Optika 5 3-15x44 [Re: br459] #15256943 09/25/20
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,075
S
shinbone Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,075
Exactly my question, too. Can't wait to hear your user report.

I've got a few Meopros 3-9x, and 4.5-14x scopes, which I am very happy with. I am wondering if the Optika 5 is similar in image/optical quality, but with the wider magnification range. I am not really interested in the Optika 6, with its bulkier 30mm tube body. I am especially interested in the Optika5 4-20x. That seems to be just about perfect do-it-all magnification range for my hunting use.

Re: Meopta Optika 5 3-15x44 [Re: br459] #15258879 09/26/20
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 596
B
bman940 Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 596
I do some freelance work with Meopta and I have been using the Optika5 4-20x50 for 2 months now. I assure you the sight picture is impressive. Bright and clear from edge to edge and very good in low light. I took a coyote last weekend about 20 min after sunset and a hog the next evening. Mine sits on a Rem. 700 SPS .308 Win. It will definitely be hunting with me this fall.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]


Meopta Field Advisor
Re: Meopta Optika 5 3-15x44 [Re: br459] #15260442 09/26/20
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,686
M
Mgw619 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,686
Way to ugly up a scope, Meopta...


You'll shoot your eye out
Re: Meopta Optika 5 3-15x44 [Re: Mgw619] #15260805 09/26/20
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,078
W
Wesley2 Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,078
Originally Posted by Mgw619
Way to ugly up a scope, Meopta...


Indeed...and the photo above omits the “blue ring” on the objective.

I have more meopta scopes than any other brand but I just can’t warm up to the looks of the Optika 6.

IC-A

Re: Meopta Optika 5 3-15x44 [Re: br459] #15261934 09/27/20
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 11,489
H
Huntz Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
H
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 11,489
Wow,folks worry more about a scopes looks then performance.The Optima 6 performs way beyond its price range.


Its all right to be white!!
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a Subject to a Citizen." (Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC)
Re: Meopta Optika 5 3-15x44 [Re: br459] #15265589 09/28/20
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,702
D
Dixie_Rebel Offline
Campfire Guide
Offline
Campfire Guide
D
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,702
Whoever designed that hideous, huge magnification ring should be fired.

Other than that, it sounds like a good scope.


Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Re: Meopta Optika 5 3-15x44 [Re: Dixie_Rebel] #15265754 09/28/20
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 11,882
gr8fuldoug Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 11,882
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
Whoever designed that hideous, huge magnification ring should be fired.

Other than that, it sounds like a good scope.


crazy Actually the former head of sport optics at Meopta was let go last January and he was the one who brought the Optika5 and 6, lol


Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Re: Meopta Optika 5 3-15x44 [Re: br459] #15266045 09/28/20
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 10,840
B
BobBrown Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 10,840
Doug,

As a consumer , the Optika 6 line had too many reticle options.


FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Re: Meopta Optika 5 3-15x44 [Re: br459] #15266169 09/28/20
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 596
B
bman940 Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 596
Bob, Decreasing the reticle options has been addressed and you will see some changes in 2021. I know you'll ask about the magnification ring, that has also been discussed.


Meopta Field Advisor
IC-B

Re: Meopta Optika 5 3-15x44 [Re: Huntz] #15266267 09/28/20
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,078
W
Wesley2 Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,078
Originally Posted by Huntz
Wow,folks worry more about a scopes looks then performance.The Optima 6 performs way beyond its price range.


I wouldn’t characterize it as worry.

It’s just puzzling that Meopta went out of their way to make it look “different”, which means someone had to think it was a positive aesthetic improvement.

Re: Meopta Optika 5 3-15x44 [Re: BobBrown] #15268102 09/29/20
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 11,882
gr8fuldoug Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 11,882
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Doug,

As a consumer , the Optika 6 line had too many reticle options.


They discontinued about 30% of the original reticle options. We brought in all we could when they did that which is how we were able to sell those at such heavily reduced prices in our clearance area on our site


Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Re: Meopta Optika 5 3-15x44 [Re: bman940] #15268130 09/29/20
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 10,840
B
BobBrown Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 10,840
Originally Posted by bman940
Bob, Decreasing the reticle options has been addressed and you will see some changes in 2021. I know you'll ask about the magnification ring, that has also been discussed.


bm,

The mag ring doesn't bother me . it looks easy to manipulate


FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Re: Meopta Optika 5 3-15x44 [Re: br459] #15269071 09/29/20
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,075
S
shinbone Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,075
I just got back from the rifle range where I shot a Winchester M70 scoped with a Zeiss V6 3-18x50; next to a Kimber Montana scoped with a Meopta Meopro 4.5-14x44; next to a Kimber Montana scoped with a Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44. This was in perfectly clear and bright sunlight on paper targets.

I understand this is a very limited anecdotal evaluation. That being said, in order of optical quality, I would rank the Meopta and the Swarovski equal. With the Zeiss V6 in 3rd. In other words, the Meopta Meopro is a gol-dang fine optic for the money.

The image through all the scopes was extremely bright and contrasty and sharp. The Zeiss was bumped into 3rd place because it added a slight green halo around the orange shooting dots I used for aim points. Not saying that my shooting at the range today compares to late evening hunting in the woods. All I'm saying, again, that the Meopta Meopro is an outstanding bargain.

Re: Meopta Optika 5 3-15x44 [Re: bman940] #15269158 09/29/20
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,870
T
TxHunter80 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,870
Originally Posted by bman940
I do some freelance work with Meopta and I have been using the Optika5 4-20x50 for 2 months now. I assure you the sight picture is impressive. Bright and clear from edge to edge and very good in low light. I took a coyote last weekend about 20 min after sunset and a hog the next evening. Mine sits on a Rem. 700 SPS .308 Win. It will definitely be hunting with me this fall.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]




How does the Optika 5 compare to the Meopro aside from the power differences? I know how they compare in the bino line. Are these a notch lower as well?

Re: Meopta Optika 5 3-15x44 [Re: shinbone] #15269215 09/29/20
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 10,840
B
BobBrown Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 10,840
Originally Posted by shinbone
I just got back from the rifle range where I shot a Winchester M70 scoped with a Zeiss V6 3-18x50; next to a Kimber Montana scoped with a Meopta Meopro 4.5-14x44; next to a Kimber Montana scoped with a Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44. This was in perfectly clear and bright sunlight on paper targets.

I understand this is a very limited anecdotal evaluation. That being said, in order of optical quality, I would rank the Meopta and the Swarovski equal. With the Zeiss V6 in 3rd. In other words, the Meopta Meopro is a gol-dang fine optic for the money.

The image through all the scopes was extremely bright and contrasty and sharp. The Zeiss was bumped into 3rd place because it added a slight green halo around the orange shooting dots I used for aim points. Not saying that my shooting at the range today compares to late evening hunting in the woods. All I'm saying, again, that the Meopta Meopro is an outstanding bargain.

Wrong thread, homey.


FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Re: Meopta Optika 5 3-15x44 [Re: TxHunter80] #15269216 09/29/20
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 10,840
B
BobBrown Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 10,840
Originally Posted by TxHunter80
Originally Posted by bman940
I do some freelance work with Meopta and I have been using the Optika5 4-20x50 for 2 months now. I assure you the sight picture is impressive. Bright and clear from edge to edge and very good in low light. I took a coyote last weekend about 20 min after sunset and a hog the next evening. Mine sits on a Rem. 700 SPS .308 Win. It will definitely be hunting with me this fall.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]




How does the Optika 5 compare to the Meopro aside from the power differences? I know how they compare in the bino line. Are these a notch lower as well?

Yes, Optika is the entry level


FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Re: Meopta Optika 5 3-15x44 [Re: br459] #15270793 09/30/20
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,075
S
shinbone Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,075
"Wrong thread, homey."

It's more relevant than whining about Optika 6 reticles in a Optika 5 thread.

Re: Meopta Optika 5 3-15x44 [Re: shinbone] #15274684 10/01/20
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 10,840
B
BobBrown Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 10,840
Originally Posted by shinbone
"Wrong thread, homey."

It's more relevant than whining about Optika 6 reticles in a Optika 5 thread.

Please expand on your lack of information


FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Re: Meopta Optika 5 3-15x44 [Re: br459] #15274745 10/01/20
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 596
B
bman940 Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 596
TXHunter, The MeoPro has enhanced coatings over what is used on the Optika glass. I think I can tell the difference side by side, I do the Optika is very good in low light conditions and for the $, I do not think your eyes will be disappointed. I have guys who have looked through mine and said they can tell the difference quite easily and opted for the MeoPro, a lady hunter I know, said she liked the Optika5 better and has a 3-15x44 on order. It is all very subective.


Meopta Field Advisor
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin, SYSOP 

RR1
Who's Online Now
717 registered members (10gaugemag, 117LBS, 12344mag, 160user, 1100mag, 10gaugeman, 80 invisible), 2,255 guests, and 902 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3

Forum Statistics
Forums78
Topics1,064,144
Posts16,133,230
Members69,390
Most Online9,977
Aug 3rd, 2021









Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2022 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3
(Release build 20190728)
PHP: 7.3.33 Page Time: 0.074s Queries: 15 (0.004s) Memory: 0.8782 MB (Peak: 1.0367 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2022-01-19 04:32:51 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS