Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SCgman1
Originally Posted by deflave
For those that were wondering how my day turned out, you should know that it DID in fact rain but only between hole 13 and 14. I was able to hide out in the schitter until things passed.

My wife gifted me this 64* wedge.

It's great.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

What's your handicap ifyou dont mind my asking?

The 'flave has no handicaps.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Sorry for your loss Hookset. I have a good job of 32 years, great family, superb wife that would wait on me hand and foot if I wanted. The three kids all have good jobs. We are extremely blessed.

Looking forward to retirement in a few years. I’m liking drawing my SS and still working.

I’m praying Barret is confirmed and Big Daddy is re-elected. Go Trump, make the Democunts heads explode again.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Well Sam,

I'm happy and content.
and I'm retired for 5 years and not bored.

I try to stay as busy as my MS will let me but I have some trouble getting around. I help a retired farmer buddy take care of 2 Duck Clubs. In the fall I help his boys with their harvest. Usually by driving a truck. I hunt, shoot and reload about as much as I want to. I have been hosting a Dove hunt for family, friends and their families for the last several years and doing the work that goes along with it. The Wife and I were doing some traveling until C-19 hit. My 2 boys and their families are healthy and their jobs have not been affected by C-19. The older Grandkids are active in sports and we attended as many of their events as possible, pre C-19. My Mother is the only one of our parents still living and we try to do something with her at least once a week.

On another note, the weather has cooled off some and hunting season is just a few weeks away. My biggest problem right now is thinking up a gift for my Wife for our 45th anniversary in November.

Sam, I hope you are doing ok.

lightman
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Great wife
Great kids and their spouses
4 great grand kids
Great job, no pressure
Great pay
House paid off
Thinking about retiring when we go to a stupid “new and improved” training system. We’ve trained our own Marine and Naval Aviators with essentially the same system (with slight changes here and there) for decades (at least 5) and we got good wingmen to the fleet. They displayed their skills well enough that the French, Italian, Spanish, Kuwaiti, Thai, Singaporan, Argentine and UK navies wanted us to train their Junior Officers/pilots. Let’s throw out the baby with the bath water ‘cause aircraft and our students are different now 🤬

But overall, I’ve got a good thing going.

Last edited by navlav8r; 09/28/20.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
For those that were wondering how my day turned out, you should know that it DID in fact rain but only between hole 13 and 14. I was able to hide out in the schitter until things passed.

It's great.

And here you had my hopes up.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SamOlson
For the most part happy and content?

Little stressed here and there but okay?

Pissed off?!

Overworked and underpaid?

Retired and bored?

Retired and not bored?

Life is great. I have a mid six figure income. And I just bought two very nice new rifles with scopes. A Ruger #1 in 6.5 Creedmore with a 6.5-20x50 Leupold LRP scope. Shoots less than MOA. The other is an Anschutz 1727F in .17 HMR with a Schmidt and Bender Zenith scope 2.5-10x56. Life is great. Oh yeah, the Annie shoots sub MOA Too.

Last edited by mrmarklin; 09/28/20.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Retired at 51 from 30 years of policing. Took a part time job as a Prosecutor for 14 years, and pastored a local Baptist church for 13 years.

I have been given a full cup, and now at 70, I am rejoicing with a great wife and a couple wonderful daughters, sons in law and now three grandkids.

No complaints.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hookset, I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your wife. I know it is a very sad time for you and your family. I lost my wife in February, so understand your sadness.

Hope all goes well with you and your family.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Great attitude hookset. Its good to have family and friends around when you lose someone. I lost my first wife to heart disease. I was a lost soul for a year or so but my family and friends were always around, I'm sure they kept me from disappearing into a bottle.
Enjoy life and I wish you the best.

Last edited by blindshooter; 09/28/20.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Retired, but busy.

Lynn

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Retired. never bored. 14 grandkids who visit all the time. I take all 5 fathers (of grandkids) on a guided hunt every year. I teach every grandkid how to shoot a rifle. shotgun, and bow. I am blessed beyond words.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Trying to survive, on the cooling crust of a molten planet suspended in deep space by gravity, 93 million miles from a gigantic burning ball of radioactive gas.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Enjoying a nice Irish Coffee here at home after a great steak dinner with all the trimmings. Retirement bliss indeed! Coming up on 14 years. laugh

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Retired and don't have time to get bored! I do stress sometimes, but mom always said I was high strung!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
43 yrs old two great kids and a good job. Going through a divorce so the cabin up North got pushed back in exchange for a home on the opposite end of the same subdivision as my soon to be ex in order to make things as easy as possible on our kids. My ex and I have a reasonably good working relationship and co-patent. It’s fall in Mid-Michigan and I bird hunt every chance that I get.

I have some regrets and envy the guys going on decades of marriage but I’m excited for the future.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not nearly as well off as pretty much all of the rest of you, I'm sure. But, I just have to keep pluggin' along, tired though I may be. I do have a good woman now, so I'm thankful for that.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Retired and not bored. Life is good.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Above ground

Getting after it

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by SCgman1

It's great.

What's your handicap ifyou dont mind my asking?

The 'flave has no handicaps.

He hits his head on every door frame he walks through

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
some might say that's a handicap for the door frame.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

465 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 35 invisible), 2,325 guests, and 1,048 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,831
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.