Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
AZmark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Was at the gas station today and some stupid troll looking lady wearing week old dirty clothes, in a Corolla that was so dirty you couldnt see through the windows, she was on the other side of the pump from me, gas running, sitting in her car with her legs hanging out the open door, lights up a cigarette. I'm washing my windshield and thinking "what a stoopid betch" Anyway as I'm on the island at the window washing bucket she closes her door and takes off with the gas nozzle still in the tank. I yell at her to stop but too late, the hose stretches about twice its normal length, like a thick rubber band, and then the nozzle pops out and it flies past me at lightning speed and hits the side of the gas pump putting a big dent in it. She gets out, cigarette still hanging out of her mouth and puts the nozzle back in the pump cradle, and takes off.

Lets hear your story.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wow. Sorry to hear of it. Glad you didn't get fried.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad you're ok. And not in jail for killing her.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by AZmark
Was at the gas station today and some stupid troll looking lady wearing week old dirty clothes, in a Corolla that was so dirty you couldnt see through the windows, she was on the other side of the pump from me, gas running, sitting in her car with her legs hanging out the open door, lights up a cigarette. I'm washing my windshield and thinking "what a stoopid betch" Anyway as I'm on the island at the window washing bucket she closes her door and takes off with the gas nozzle still in the tank. I yell at her to stop but too late, the hose stretches about twice its normal length, like a thick rubber band, and then the nozzle pops out and it flies past me at lightning speed and hits the side of the gas pump putting a big dent in it. She gets out, cigarette still hanging out of her mouth and puts the nozzle back in the pump cradle, and takes off.

Lets hear your story.

I seen that happen before

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Meth?
Or some other drug?

NRA Patron
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Let's see...there was the time I was in the hospital when a nurse, and then a doctor argued with me and forced me to take the wrong meds even though I told them no, and I woke up as they were reviving me after my vitals disappeared.

And then there was the time I went to the doctor with a fever and the nurse decided I was low in fluids, so she gave me an IV, laid me on a table, and didn't finish connecting the tube, so I lost well over a quart of blood all over the floor. Luckily a friend of mine happened to decide to stop by the clinic to see if I needed anything. She came in and then went and got the nurse.

And then there was the time that the hospital staff put me in cardiac arrest while utterly botching some prep for a minor surgical procedure, by once again giving me the wrong things....

I've actually got several others, just involving medical professionals. But by all means, feel free to trust your doctor.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Your lucky hunt shoot. Doctors usual bury their mistakes. Edk

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
People voting democrat.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Oilfield work. Some of the brightest minds in the world. But also replete with some of the dumbest mother fuggers to ever draw a breath of air. Had several very close calls through the years. Typically by pressurized stuff put together by aforementioned dumb mother fuggers.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Grocery store today.... Plexiglas shields up at all the registers, disinfectant on all the shopping carts... everybody wearing masks.... then the check out guy is licking his fingers to try and get the plastic shopping bags to open.... I tell him he shouldn't be doing that..... he looks at me and does it again then in a passive aggressive kind of way says "these are just hard to get to open".... maybe not as malevolent as spitting in someone's food.... but really stupid....

Please don't feed the trolls!
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
In 1978, I got called out to a motor vehicle accident. As I left the house I saw a huge mushroom of fire in the sky. A tanker carrying 7,000 gallons of gasoline had rolled and blown up. Devastation like I have never seen!

After we had the fire out, there were still puddles of unburned gas everywhere. An insurance company rep. arrived and was taking photos. He took a pack of cigs out of his shirt pocket and removed one. My Chief stormed over to him and told him that if he tried to light it he'd knock him out cold, and ordered him to leave the scene. Chief Danny may well have saved our lives with those words.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AZmark

Lets hear your story.

Hope you got her number and gave it to the attendant.
Even if it didn't come off, that can cause a $hidt like of money.
Gasoline rated plumbing, with swivels, breakaway, nozzles
are really pricey. Also, there can be damage inside the dispenser.

Sometimes it's actually cheaper when it comes off.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
People sitting in their car while pumping sends me into orbit.
Even see so called truck drivers do it.

Are you that [bleep]' lazy you can't stand there for 90 seconds.

Truck drivers? At a high delivery dispenser.
That thing falls out, you get a gallon before it shuts off.
If, it shuts off.

Ever see how far a gallon of diesel spreads on a hard surface.
Some places charge for the clean up.
They should.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
My story is pretty simple--- WOMEN DRIVERS!

Kevin
NRA Lifetime Member
Retired, Fulltime RV'er
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I used to hunt down river from Warsaw, KY. I was always hitting a gas station in Warsaw to top of the tank before driving in. One Sunday afternoon, I'm on my way out and a car full of kids pulls up behind me and the driver starts filling up at the pump behind me. He goes to light a cig, and I told him not to. He told me off. This was with a lit cig in the same hand as he was holding the handle with fumes spewing out of the fill hole.

I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I drove past the next weekend, and there was a lady at the same pump, smoking. I never went back.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I witnessed a bull dyke in a pickup in front of me at an automatic drive through car wash demolish the car wash and her pickup one day.

She somehow managed to get her pickup nearly sideways in the car wash.... eek

Then started backing up and pulling forward until she finally got out of it, scattering parts all over the place.

I had written her license number down and called the owner to report it.

Crazy part, was you could see her screaming her lungs out through the windows of her pickup. 100% insane.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I witnessed a bull dyke in a pickup in front of me at an automatic drive through car wash demolish the car wash and her pickup one day.

She somehow managed to get her pickup nearly sideways in the car wash.... eek

Then started backing up and pulling forward until she finally got out of it, scattering parts all over the place.

I had written her license number down and called the owner to report it.

Crazy part, was you could see her screaming her lungs out through the windows of her pickup. 100% insane.

The scary part is that she has a driver's license and she's out on the road with the rest of us.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by szihn
People voting democrat.

YEAH ! The Q balls RE elected Zero !! Couldn’t believe there were ENUFF
DUMB...... to do that TWICE ! ! !

This year ? ? ? ? ?

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I stopped to help a guy who's truck had died on the roadside and a semi came down off the hill, gearing up for a run at the next up slope. He never even got on the brakes as he careened off the other side of the road and flipped the semi on it's side in the ditch. He was carrying rolled steel coils out of the mills in Youngstown, Ohio. Those coils started breaking loose when the flatbead rolled. 'Sounded like bombs going off. No small miracle that no one got killed. Turns out he was drunk and the load was way over weight.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Others come to mind from my days working as a rangemaster at a local rifle range. You name it, we saw it out there. Wrong rounds fired through rifles, scopes mounted backwards, scope mounted with the windage and elevation reversed. People hunching up on their scoes and the reulting bad cuts around the eye, guns getting pointed in places they shouldn't. Seemed like no matter how much you kept your head on a swivel watching for miss handled guns, someone alway ended up getting a muzzle pointed at them.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 204guy, 257 roberts, 58 invisible), 2,357 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,638
Posts18,455,306
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.