Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Quite a set of assumptions.

In my view, you've had ample opportunity here to show yourself not a conceded assshole and haven't.

Go F*ck Yourself John Burns.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's been a long while,since I've bothered to chrono a new rifle(prolly 20+ rifles ago). Kiss,find pressure and rock on. That nips ES/SD and come-ups are easily factored,in but a coupla pokes(unless you're suffering Reupold). Hint.

Shot a new rifle yesterday(8" 7-08),expecting a new one today(7" 22 PPC Improved) and I see a scope box in the Mail(1-6x HD Illuminatti),which needs opened. I cain't think of a rifle I have zero'd at the Hunnert Yard line. 22LR's at 50,Hummers at 125 and Whizzums at 150. Have a Lever 45LC zero'd at 75 with Illuminatti,but cain't recall anything at a Hunnert...but I've Hunnerts of 'em.(grin)

No thang to bore sight,shoot paper and get a good zero on the 2nd poke. From there,I simply zero turrets and stretch long,to eek DOPE. That distance varies upon the chambering and boolit,but it's shy of the Transonic Slip,excepting 22LR's if only obviously. 180's yesterday at 225yds and confirmations to the 1600yd line. Hint.

All bets are off with Reupold,as they've neither the internal mechanism to arrange same,nor a reticle to quantify. Hint.

Just sayin'..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Thanks man. A couple of years ago I put this together, started at the start, kissed, found pressure rocked on, doped to 650, killed a couple deer, put it away, went trucking... Intent here was to get some input moving forward with the new mounts, scope, threads, suppressor, solver, ranger, speedometer. Time is at a premium. Had chrono at 2915, Shooter shows 2912 corrected. Ammo is loaded up, scope's mounted and I'll get out soon enough. No on the Rupold. Enjoy your days off as I know you will.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

In my view, you've had ample opportunity here to show yourself not a conceded assshole and haven't.

You say that like it's a bad thing?
Thanks man. A couple of years ago I put this together, started at the start, kissed, found pressure rocked on, doped to 650, killed a couple deer, put it away, went trucking... Intent here was to get some input moving forward with the new mounts, scope, threads, suppressor, solver, ranger, speedometer. Time is at a premium. Had chrono at 2915, Shooter shows 2912 corrected. Ammo is loaded up, scope's mounted and I'll get out soon enough. No on the Rupold. Enjoy your days off as I know you will.

Wow.

My days of not taking you seriously are surely coming to a middling.

I had zero inclination of your breadth of experience as you bashed Leupold optics you never ever ever even used.

Good Luck and Lil Fish will always be there for you. laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Wow... just fuuucking wow!!! Just sickening actually

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So to use the velocity truing function on software, y'all must have to use some very tall targets to get drop info past 500 yards?

Do you then start bringing the target in every 100 yards or so to connect the ranges for more accurate data?

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Hey, lighten up. Maybe he was having a bad forehead day.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Judman

Wow... just fuuucking wow!!! Just sickening actually

Talk about over complicating the [bleep] out of something.
I'd just take up golf.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by smokepole

Hey, lighten up. Maybe he was having a bad forehead day.

Tanning beds shut down, due to Covid. Couple that with a nationwide shortage of spray tan and winter coming on....
Burns is STRESSED THE FUGG OUT!!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I want all youz smartazzes to know that I shot it today!

LOL

Gained 40 fps with suppressor, 180 ELD-M @ 2965. 7mm Mag suppressed is a hoot. DIY success, thank you very much.

Should have covered the flier! I mean I called it. I mean a fly got on my neck Uhhhhh.. Whatever, I am sticking with the load.

I may just use Shooter this fall. Time's a ticking and I don't do golf.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 09/28/20.

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
So to use the velocity truing function on software, y'all must have to use some very tall targets to get drop info past 500 yards?

Do you then start bringing the target in every 100 yards or so to connect the ranges for more accurate data?

Oh, you can shoot, walk it in for hits (depending on distance, performance, target size, one click may be the difference between hit and miss), use those hits with the velocity truing function, then check at lots of distances to verify the solver gives you the correct dope. Then intermediate ranges outa work too assuming accurate G7 BC and atmospherics. That's my novice take. Even with this slick bullet, it's dropping 10 danged feet at 775 yards!

--- Kid Rock 2022

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I want all you smartazzes to know that I shot it today!

LOL

Gained 40 fps with suppressor, 180 ELD-M @ 2965. 7mm Mag suppressed is a hoot. DIY success, thank you.

Should have covered the flier! I mean I called it. I mean a fly got on my neck Uhhhhh.. Whatever, I am sticking with the load.

Have a new Burris on it?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by BobBrown
I want all you smartazzes to know that I shot it today!

LOL

Gained 40 fps with suppressor, 180 ELD-M @ 2965. 7mm Mag suppressed is a hoot. DIY success, thank you.

Have a new Burris on it?

Now what kind of a question is that? Hell no! LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Haha

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No, you don’t have to use absolute drop, in most of the apps you can input relative drop between the solution the app suggested and the drop from your actual DOPE. Getting good drop data at multiple distances is necessary.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
So, the airport says 30" Hg, Kestrel says 25.6, my elevation is about 4600' and DA 6600'! LOL
Hits to 700!

Now all I need is a spotter saying "SEND IT" and Phucqk yah!

Oh, that Bushy LRTSi 3-12x44 is frickin awesome and complimenting this rifle nicely...

Regarding the LabRadar. Does it absolutely need the bullet details input to give accurate velocity near the muzzle? Am triggering by sound with airgun adapter BTW. What I mean, I input the details of one bullet, then got speeds for others and wondering if tgose numbers are suspect?

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 09/29/20.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No. The bullet details are mainly for calculating energy, Taylor KO, etc.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
No. The bullet details are mainly for calculating energy, Taylor KO, etc.

Thanks Jordan. Appreciate it.

--- Kid Rock 2022

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

I give velocity an educated guess based on load data. It’s never been far enough off to make me miss the target at 800. Simply use the velocity truing function from those results. If you have good BC and good atmospherics velocity truing works quite well.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
John, I'm absolutely jazzed with how this barrel nut rifle came together. Seeing your posts from years ago was the encouragement. Highly recommend for anyone wanting to DIY something special. wink

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

430 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 35 invisible), 2,263 guests, and 1,060 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,494
Posts18,452,390
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.