Print Thread
Hop To
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
i think we're in for change, with winners, losers and maybe others. i don't know.

but i recall the king of england rejoiced in sending the riff-raff to the georgia colony to buffer the blue bloods in the carolinas against the heathen spaniards encroaching from florida.
and of course australia served it's duty as a empire populated penal colonty, mostly inmates from scotland and ireland or so i have heard.

prisons and locking away the lawbreakers has been a proven successful stategy over the last 500 years and earlier than that too.

now, people can block roadways with protests..better not run into them with your licensed car either. even if you're on the right side of the road. the police in employ of the leftist mayors will charge your arse.

getting locked up for a charged felony and then released without bond. sounds like the system is losing it's grip?

it just seems like things are coming un-glued. better wear your mask or you'll be shamed. riot and burn and loot and there might be a few token arrests, perps soon released (so they can be charged again?).

in georgia we use to have a rural development program, sweep up inner city kids ship to the countryside to a prison where unemployed farmers could be utilized as correction officers. it was a win-win.

nowadays, thumb your nose at the law and get away with it. if there's objections burn the damn precient house down to the ground. and throw in both black & white businesses and burn them too.

you don't feel safe with someone messing with your property that you work and pay taxes for? better be careful. you'll get arrested for being anti-social, or brandishing or some other made up crap.

i'm not on my soap box. but it just seems we're losing control of the human species. if control is lost, will it be the rule of the jungle until law & order are re-established?

we know the fbi is sold out, and so we can't count on them. why do i have to pay taxes for a service i don't receive, and why can't i defend my property?

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The problem isn't that control is being lost. The problem is that control has been asserted, and is working really well. For over 100 years, elites have been perfecting slavery as a mental task rather than a physical one.

No one is more enslaved than the man who believes he is free.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
probably in every great empire the citizens, members, workers have been encouraged to be productive: work, farm, fish, manufacture etc.

and so working and paying taxes go hand in hand. encourage consumption, houses, cars,vacations. and fruits of your labor.

and then there's taxes again. but the love of security does motivate a bunch of us worker humans.

once the incentive to work has been lost because we can survive without it,

then the system has fundamentally changed, and us with it.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
You ain't seen nothing yet. By 2100 a third of the Earth's population will have originated in Sub Saharan Africa. The average age there now is 18. They're not going to stay home.

That's a lot of EBT cards.

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
lot's of folks think that all humans are basically the same.

and a lot of humans fundamentally disagree with that assertion.

but still they work, carry the load, pay taxes and endure the lashes.

our culture, but not all cultures tries to assert everyone is equal and free.

other cultures, maybe not as post-modern as ours allow people to gather in groups.

like kinded groups would be something like the democrats on the one hand, then republicans.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
You ain't seen nothing yet. By 2100 a third of the Earth's population will have originated in Sub Saharan Africa. The average age there now is 18. They're not going to stay home.

That's a lot of EBT cards.

Yep. It’sanigger’sworld.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
The species as a whole has never been controlled by internal forces. Segments of it, yes, mostly by social mores, from time to time.

Once we got above the external predatory thresh-hold, the only controls (other than social) have been the 4 horsemen.

And those suckers are saddling up. Again.

Last edited by las; 09/28/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
in my 72 years i've never seen the 4 horsemen better preened, cared for and in better condition for extended service.

for the young viet cong, and young caucasions fighting them during the nam police action, the horsemen got to exercise.

the next time around it may be a full-house expression of their ability to alter the Fates, change the Urth, and start all over?

automation, the rise of the mega-cities and now the apparent breakdown of legitimate law & order seems to alter the landscape.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by Gus
i think we're in for change, with winners, losers and maybe others. i don't know.

but i recall the king of england rejoiced in sending the riff-raff to the georgia colony to buffer the blue bloods in the carolinas against the heathen spaniards encroaching from florida.
and of course australia served it's duty as a empire populated penal colonty, mostly inmates from scotland and ireland or so i have heard.

prisons and locking away the lawbreakers has been a proven successful stategy over the last 500 years and earlier than that too.

now, people can block roadways with protests..better not run into them with your licensed car either. even if you're on the right side of the road. the police in employ of the leftist mayors will charge your arse.

getting locked up for a charged felony and then released without bond. sounds like the system is losing it's grip?

it just seems like things are coming un-glued. better wear your mask or you'll be shamed. riot and burn and loot and there might be a few token arrests, perps soon released (so they can be charged again?).

in georgia we use to have a rural development program, sweep up inner city kids ship to the countryside to a prison where unemployed farmers could be utilized as correction officers. it was a win-win.

nowadays, thumb your nose at the law and get away with it. if there's objections burn the damn precient house down to the ground. and throw in both black & white businesses and burn them too.

you don't feel safe with someone messing with your property that you work and pay taxes for? better be careful. you'll get arrested for being anti-social, or brandishing or some other made up crap.

i'm not on my soap box. but it just seems we're losing control of the human species. if control is lost, will it be the rule of the jungle until law & order are re-established?

we know the fbi is sold out, and so we can't count on them. why do i have to pay taxes for a service i don't receive, and why can't i defend my property?

Pellet rifles are cheap and quiet.. Applied to the bladder, they are quite effective. Dont keep it too long, and dont leave prints on it. Dont buy them or pellets with a check or a card. Have your mask, sunglasses and hat on when you buy such things, Do it for the children.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gus - nice post - but the humans never had controlled the species in any grand manner. A strong modicum of control here and there in certain situations over time, but never real control of the species. As one of my old country buddies would have said, "ain't happenin' "

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by CCCC
Gus - nice post - but the humans never had controlled the species in any grand manner. A strong modicum of control here and there in certain situations over time, but never real control of the species. As one of my old country buddies would have said, "ain't happenin' "

As it should be,.. self control is what benefits the species as a whole.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Way too many people on this little rock, for a start.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (338reddog, 260Remguy, 44automag, 4xbear, 79S, 673, 14 invisible), 1,673 guests, and 933 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,188
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.