Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by mrmarklin
The real problem with Bullberry going out of business is that the hanger system they used to mount barrels is now gone. That contributed greatly to accuracy.

That's why I ordered one yesterday.........

They still have em............. $15 a piece....

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Funny thing - and lucky too - I was shot at with everything from a crossbow to a SAM, but the only things that left holes were .30-cal. I quit counting at a half million rounds fired at me. I never counted the holes, thinking it was superstitious.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by muffin
The real problem with Bullberry going out of business is that the hanger system they used to mount barrels is now gone. That contributed greatly to accuracy.

That's why I ordered one yesterday.........

They still have em............. $15 a piece....

do those hangers only attach to bullberry barrel setups?

all mine are factory stuff. accurate enough i reckon for now.

i've understood that a bullberry bbl requires their attachment setup.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
SSK in Pa is actually going to make a G1 Contender frame early next year. I think SKK is run by one of the guys that invented the Contender at TC. New frames interchange, but have improved metallurgy. They are going to be 275.00, comes as a receiver just like an AR, pistol or rifle. So SSK is taking up some of the slack.

https://www.hausofarms.com/SSK-50-FRAMES_c_2185.html

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The Bullberry hanger system fits any Contender barrel, but then only to a Bullberry forearm.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Funny thing - and lucky too - I was shot at with everything from a crossbow to a SAM, but the only things that left holes were .30-cal. I quit counting at a half million rounds fired at me. I never counted the holes, thinking it was superstitious.

After a short time I only paid attention to the structure around my head, but lost tract so I only counted the times I didn't have holes within 6" of my noggin. 3 times during the first tour.

They weren't using Bullberry barrels I guess.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Terryk
SSK in Pa is actually going to make a G1 Contender frame early next year. I think SKK is run by one of the guys that invented the Contender at TC. New frames interchange, but have improved metallurgy. They are going to be 275.00, comes as a receiver just like an AR, pistol or rifle. So SSK is taking up some of the slack.

https://www.hausofarms.com/SSK-50-FRAMES_c_2185.html

Outstanding! Ordering one soon. I only have 2 G1 frames three would be perfect.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I just spoke with Troy, he will be continuing the Bullberry 'shop'...

The website is currently being updated and should up in a few days with new ph. numbers...

If you're worried about a 'new' gunsmith taking over.... Troy has been the one doing most of the chambers for the last 18 years................

Hangar Systems will continue.......

www.bullberry.com

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That's great news for all 'tender lovers, muffin. Thanks for the update.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Website changes.....

https://www.bullberry.com/

( . Y . )
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are those button barrels or cut?

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Tyrone, they use blanks supplied by outside sources such as Douglas etc, etc. No easy answers to the question.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Apparently Bulberry knows how to pick them & finish them! *That* is a skill worth paying for!

Last edited by Tyrone; 02/05/20.

Politics is War by Other Means
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Talking with Troy the other day, they use Wilson Bbls. button rifled..................

( . Y . )
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Owned several of his barrels, visited the plant and did an article about him and his products.

We don't read much about Contenders these days; perhaps their time is past, also.

Too expensive AFAIC.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Apparently Bullberry is back in business with different ownership, but same competence.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Apparently Bullberry is back in business with different ownership, but same competence.

Same 'smith' that has been doing the work for the past decade or so.......... Troy.

One of his 'earliest' under the new name......

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Muffin; 09/29/20.

( . Y . )
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I lube them with dilute ALOX and when it is close to dry dust them with a mix of motor mica and graphite. They are sized .309 after the lube job and shot from a 12" twist barrel....they don't ever lead the barrel.

I've found that single shot handguns/rifles don't need much skullduggery to keep them from leading. I shot thousands of cast bullets made from straight quench cast wheelweight alloy through a .357 MAX barrel and soon forgot all about the possibility of leading the barrel. My hotter loads were doing 1750 fps and lubed with whatever alox was the cheapest at the time. No leading ever.

My most recent cast bullet experiment was the Martini Cadet shooting plain base commercially cast bullets of an unknown alloy at 1700 fps. I cut them down to 128 grains from 170 grain bullets intended for the 8mm Mauser cartridge. Cutting them down removed all but one lube groove so I painted liquid alox on the bore riding nose of the bullets after they were loaded into the case. No leading

Every so often I would run a dry rag through the barrel to remover the soot and the bore would shine like a new dime.

Revolvers are a different matter. The transition from the cylinder to the forcing cone into the rifling would leave lead streaks in the first 3" of the barrel with the hotter loads made from quench cast WW allow,....especially with plain base bullets. Gas checked bullets were more forgivable.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Fella can shoot pure lead max loads from a .44 mag w/o leading if they’re paper patched. 🥴 You don’t need to ask how I know.

Somehow, sorta, I don’t often stray from shooting bullets made from newfangled stuff if the cartridge was originally blessed with lead. For example, my .30-30, an aging Mod 94, was recently guilty of shooting a wad of Lyman 311041 at BHN 9-10’ish at ~2100 fps w/o leading, running about 1.5” at 50 with 5 shots groups. No quench involved. Lead that’s sized to throat dim is easy to work with.

Should try some in my .30-30 Contender barrel one of these days. I expect they will push 2200 FPS and tickle MOA.

I am..........disturbed.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
AHHhhhh! Naked lead, fouls and shoots fer chitt!?!?!?!? smile

Group nearest the bull is THREE shots, 50 yds, from the rig above. So far has never left a trace of leading.

232 grns, Alox lubed, 1000fps.

300 Blackout

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Muffin; 09/29/20.

( . Y . )
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
709 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 2,692 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,682
Posts18,399,706
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.