Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
*Fulton County is the main county that makes up Atlanta. This crash would have happened about 100 miles from Fulton County.

X

2 Fulton deputies killed in crash involving tractor-trailer
Two Fulton County sheriff’s deputies were killed Tuesday in a crash involving a tractor-trailer, authorities said.
Credit: Georgia Department of Transportation
NEWS
| 1 hour ago
By Asia Simone Burns, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Two Fulton County sheriff’s deputies were killed Tuesday in a crash involving a tractor-trailer on I-20 in east Georgia, officials said.

The fatal crash happened shortly after 11 a.m. at exit 190 near Grovetown, Georgia State Patrol spokeswoman Lt. Stephanie Stallings said.

The Columbia County Sheriff’s Office found the Fulton deputies in a marked patrol car, she said. Both deputies were pronounced dead at the scene.

Investigators determined their Dodge Charger hit the back of a tractor-trailer that was stopped for traffic, Stallings said. The GSP is investigating the crash, but the deputies' names are not being released until their families have been notified.

“Please keep the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office family and the family members of all involved in your thoughts and prayers,” Stallings said.

The deputies' deaths prompted swift condolences from state leaders.

“Tragic news,” Gov. Brian Kemp said in a tweet, asking for prayers for the families and colleagues of the deputies killed.

“The thoughts and prayers of all Georgians are with you,” Kemp said.

Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr echoed the governor in a tweet and called the news “devastating."

Both eastbound lanes and one westbound lane of I-20 remain blocked for the crash investigation, according to the Georgia Department of Transportation.

Eastbound traffic “can detour across the median and head back” west, the agency said in a tweet.

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Thats sad! Prayers offered for the Officers friends and families.

lightman
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
This wreck is interesting to me, as I used to drive an 18 wheeler. The bumper on the trailer is called the "DOT Bumper." It is massive, and strong. It is made of four inch square, heavy gauge steel pipe. It is reinforced with diagonal bracing.

I just went out and measured two trailers, the bottom of one DOT bumper was 23 inches above the ground. The other one, the bottom was 19 inches high.
I measured a Dodge Charger police car. If it plowed into the truck, that DOT bumper would hit right in the middle of the engine. The police car bumper would go underneath the DOT bumper. I assume you would still get air bag deployment.

I assume the deputies had their seat belts on. I am not an accident investegator per se, but I worked many hundreds of wrecks as a paramedic.
Especially if you had air bag deployment, the deputies had to be going really fast to cause two fatalities, might have been going 70 or more at time of impact.
The wreck happened in broad daylight at 11 am. I believe it was not raining in the Augusta area at that time.

WTF?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
That 18 wheeler rear bumper is also called a "Mansfield Bar"- - - - - -Jayne Mansfield got almost decapitated by the back end of a trailer that had no rear bumper when her stage manager drove under it at high speed and the car didn't stop until it hit the rear axle of the trailer.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/28155/how-jayne-mansfield-changed-design-tractor-trailers

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Grovetown is close to Augusta, GA. That is the far east border with South Carolina.

What were two Atlanta deputies doing that far from home? Prisoner pickup or ????

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They were in a Dodge Charger.

Thinking they were off duty.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
This wreck is interesting to me, as I used to drive an 18 wheeler. The bumper on the trailer is called the "DOT Bumper." It is massive, and strong. It is made of four inch square, heavy gauge steel pipe. It is reinforced with diagonal bracing.

I just went out and measured two trailers, the bottom of one DOT bumper was 23 inches above the ground. The other one, the bottom was 19 inches high.
I measured a Dodge Charger police car. If it plowed into the truck, that DOT bumper would hit right in the middle of the engine. The police car bumper would go underneath the DOT bumper. I assume you would still get air bag deployment.

I assume the deputies had their seat belts on. I am not an accident investegator per se, but I worked many hundreds of wrecks as a paramedic.
Especially if you had air bag deployment, the deputies had to be going really fast to cause two fatalities, might have been going 70 or more at time of impact.
The wreck happened in broad daylight at 11 am. I believe it was not raining in the Augusta area at that time.

WTF?

A last second evasive move could have caused the cruiser to impact the trailer at an angle rather than perfectly head-on. That takes away a lot of safety protection for driver and passenger.
FOX5 said it was a prisoner transport duty assignment.

May their families find God's comfort in their time of sorrow.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Ironically, they were headed to the funeral service for an Augusta deputy.

Who is John Galt?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
#momentum
#transferofenergy

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by hatari

The Dodge Charger is a popular police patrol vehicle. Many departments around here are driving Chargers. My son did 110mph in a police Charger. A friend is a local sergeant, apparently several years ago he took my son and his son, both football teammates and friends, out for a ride on the backroads..... I didn’t find out until a few days later or I would’ve asked to go. 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
The fastest I've been in a charger is about 135 (depending on the dept some will hit 150s) . Too damn fast.

It sucks, but unfortunately this how most officers die on the job, in a vehicle.

And Bobbrown, you're a douche.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 09/29/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
.. Jayne Mansfield got almost decapitated by the back end of a trailer..

Photos at the scene indicate she was not anywhere close to being decapitated.

She suffered crushed skull with avulsion
according to post mortem.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Starman

Like it fugging matters now.

You two are like children.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jayne matters about as much as those dead
deputies.... history is history.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by hatari

The Dodge Charger is a popular police patrol vehicle. Many departments around here are driving Chargers. My son did 110mph in a police Charger. A friend is a local sergeant, apparently several years ago he took my son and his son, both football teammates and friends, out for a ride on the backroads..... I didn’t find out until a few days later or I would’ve asked to go. 😁

Haven’t seen a any Chargers as “official vehicles” Here. There have Mustangs, just haven’t seen Chargers

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

She had her scalp peeled back, hence the decapitation rumors

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

WTF?

23” is too high.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
By Steve Byerly
Published: Sep. 30, 2020 at 6:22 AM EDT
GROVETOWN, Ga. (WRDW/WAGT) - Georgians today are mourning and remembering two Fulton County deputies killed in a crash on Interstate 20 near Grovetown.

The crash happened on the eastbound side of the interstate as they were on their way to pick up an inmate to transfer to the Fulton County Jail. Just after 11:10 a.m. Tuesday, the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office Dodge Charger struck the rear of a tractor-trailer that was stopped for traffic in the left lane at Lewiston Road in Columbia County.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

They were identified as Deputy Anthony White, a seven year veteran who joined the agency in December 2012, and Deputy Kenny Ingram who would have marked his 15 years of service in October. Both were assigned to the law enforcement division of their agency.

On Wednesday, they were honored with a procession that accompanied their bodies out of the CSRA.

Fulton County Sheriff Ted Jackson said: “These men had a profound sense of duty throughout their distinguished careers with this agency and for us and this county, the loss of these deputies is devastating.”

Chaplains who volunteer with the agency are offering grief counseling to the deputies' family members and colleagues.

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp expressed condolences to their families on Twitter, saying “Tragic news. Please join @GAFirstLady, the girls, and I in praying for the families, loved ones, and colleagues of these two officers. The thoughts and prayers of all Georgians are with you.”

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Like it fugging matters now.

You two are like children.

Autistic d!ck dancing.

===============

Originally Posted by BobBrown
#momentum
#transferofenergy

That's about right. Seat belts and other safety devices and designs help, but 70mph to 0mph in a split second over a foot or two of crumple zone is still fatal.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

189 members (12344mag, 2UP, 35, 338Rules, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 20 invisible), 1,390 guests, and 850 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,176
Posts18,465,468
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.