Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
And I regularly purge old forms (over 20 years) from my records.
You're a good man. Thank you.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by KenMi
I filled out one Monday. I thought the serial number was on the previous form as well, but looking at that now, it was not.
The one thing that did catch my eye was on gender. Male, Female, or Non-Binary are now options.

When they run the background check online (or by phone) the serial number isn't included. The seller has to keep the 4473 form on their premises. So, not registration, per se.

Pretty sure SN has been on 4473's since their inception RE: GCA '68 which also mandated SN's on all newly manufactured/imported firearms.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by horse1
I filled out one Monday. I thought the serial number was on the previous form as well, but looking at that now, it was not.
The one thing that did catch my eye was on gender. Male, Female, or Non-Binary are now options.

When they run the background check online (or by phone) the serial number isn't included. The seller has to keep the 4473 form on their premises. So, not registration, per se.

Pretty sure SN has been on 4473's since their inception RE: GCA '68 which also mandated SN's on all newly manufactured/imported firearms.

Yep. It’s always been required on the 4473. But they can’t use it when the call in the NICS Background Check.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Wind
Used it yesterday for the first time. Not knowing it had changed, it did throw me for a loop.

Unfortunately I promptly left the FFL and got into a canoe that later capsized on the way home with both of my newly purchased guns sinking to the bottom of the reservoir. It was a shame. 🤥

Amazing how often that happens. I lost all mine that way, too.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Wind
Used it yesterday for the first time. Not knowing it had changed, it did throw me for a loop.

Unfortunately I promptly left the FFL and got into a canoe that later capsized on the way home with both of my newly purchased guns sinking to the bottom of the reservoir. It was a shame. 🤥

So sorry to hear about your mishap. There seems to be a lot of that going on recently...........

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by BC30cal

The thing is Sitka, as I'm aging - and told by my daughters I am not mellowing in so doing - most days I self identify as a cross between a chainsaw - Husqvarna of course - and a grouchy bear.

Dwayne

That descriptor does not mesh with your online persona! 🤔

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I want someone to show me a person with no male or females organs. Why would you put such bull Schitt on a federal form. Edk

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ERK
I want someone to show me a person with no male or females organs. Why would you put such bull Schitt on a federal form. Edk

There are some interesting genetic and biological anomalies, but they are so rare as to be virtually non-existent. Certainly no reason to change a federal form, except to enhance the Woke factor and to reinforce the propagandized delusion.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If they pick non-binary they should reject them as unstable mental health!

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by ERK

i suppose one could shoot his pecker off

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by BC30cal

The thing is Sitka, as I'm aging - and told by my daughters I am not mellowing in so doing - most days I self identify as a cross between a chainsaw - Husqvarna of course - and a grouchy bear.

Dwayne

That descriptor does not mesh with your online persona! 🤔

ironbender;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope that the day's a fine one up there in your part of the north country and you and your fine family are well.

In truth I likely seem less mellow to my family than I do to other folks, but I don't believe that's necessarily unusual and especially so with fathers and daughters, you know?

We've bee working a lot with firewood both at our place and the neighbors as he's got a bit of a wrecked shoulder this year, so again that's likely a big part of my preoccupation with chainsaws.

The bear thing, well ironbender, I've long got both into a bit of a feeding frenzy as well as wanting to sleep more as the daylight shortens, so again and for awhile now, my family believes that there's some ursine DNA somewhere in me because of it.

Anyways, I don't mean to misrepresent myself either here or in person for that matter, but it was truly the first thing that came to mind as I was typing this morning and thus I went with it.

Honestly and I apologize to any and all for saying this again, but I'm more blessed than anything I could have done to deserve it and I'm grateful for that for sure.

All the very best to you all this fall sir. Good luck on your remaining hunts too.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by ERK

There are some interesting genetic and biological anomalies, but they are so rare as to be virtually non-existent. Certainly no reason to change a federal form, except to enhance the Woke factor and to reinforce the propagandized delusion.

I would not call them anything like non-existant... I have been to Thailand!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Papag
Serial has been on 4473s for years, on page three with the firearm description.

Don't confuse things by stating obvious facts.
wink

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

If only obviously!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

Thats what my buddy who owns a local gunshop says he plans on doing.....told him he better check with his attorney first to see the legailty of that lol

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

The serial number is on the current form and past forms. It is not reported to NICS during the check, though.

Nothingburgers for everyone!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I've heard stories of the BATFEIEIO jackbooted thugs photographing or copying 4473's during random inspections of certain dealers. Having the serial number of a firearm on the front page makes it easier to grab information they really shouldn't have without flipping pages. Yes, I have plenty of tinfoil to make hats with!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Anyone notice the sex question on the census? If they are non binary they cannot answer the questions and cannot be counted, no?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
21. F would automatically bar any democrat from owning a gun.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
moving the gun info to the first page is a bit disconcerting. easier for someone to make quick copies or photos.

My diploma is a DD214
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 53 invisible), 2,707 guests, and 1,087 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,262
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.