Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Mojo72 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Saw a Thompson Dimension LH with 204 Ruger and 270 Win for $499 and was curios if anyone has any experience with them. I also found the Bolt and Barrel for 7mm RM for $179 and $169 respectively....This would effectively give 3 Calibers for just shy of $850. Not too bad of a price for this IMHO.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
They look ridiculous, but that has never stopped me. I hear they shoot really well, too. If you're not stopped by the goofiness of the design, you've got a great setup for three cartridges for not a lot of dollars. I'd jump on it, but I like to mess around with that kind of stuff. Have several Savage actions, barrels, and stocks for basically the same purpose of building several rifles out of one action/trigger.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Mojo72 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
yeah I was wondering if you could get an aftermarket stock for it

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
the stock looks awful but is surprisingly comfortable at the shoulder. These rifles shoot really well and getting 3 barrels for no more than $850 is a deal worth trying.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
the stock looks awful but is surprisingly comfortable at the shoulder. These rifles shoot really well and getting 3 barrels for no more than $850 is a deal worth trying.

+1

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I have both the 204 and 7 mag. Stock ergonomics are wonderful, looks be damned. Haven’t shot the 7 yet, but I’ve used the 204 as my predator gun for about 5 years now I think. It’s a tack driver.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gotta give TC credit, over the years they have come up with new products to freshen up the shelves.......and from what I read on the interwebs they all shoot.

My only investments were on a couple of Icons which nobody remembers as their appearance was brief.....

But dang they still shoot good.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
So, is there any after market stocks?

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I don't think there are any offered. Small market for Dimension and left hand makes it even smaller.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
A big no unless you just want one. The problem is they are discontinued. Good luck finding more mags and support products from the factory. Great concept and nice rifle, but it didnt gain traction. Sad.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Have no use for one of these but the price is making me think irrational thoughts. Maybe this rifle and it’s extra barrel and bolt will look great sitting next to my two other great buys, Ruger 300 and 338 RCM’s.
Seriously though, the 300 and 338 would see a lot more action if I hunted anything bigger than a whitetail at distances over 50 yards. If I still lived in Alaska the 300 and 338 RCM’s would be a perfect pair to cover all my hunting.
Already own two, .270’s and recently sold a .204 Ruger. Getting old and trying to cut down the number of rifles I own isn’t working out very well for me. Then today discovered 6-7 boxes of .204 ammo on my reloading rack.
Help me because I am weak.

Are scope bases easy to find for the TD? It appears they come with the rifle but not certain.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
M
MLF Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I was recently in a large gun shop in Montana browsing the left hand rifles and anything new that I have not had a chance to personally inspect the last few years. I was surprised to find the TC bolt rifles the smoothest operating bolts of any rifle in the shop including customs. Kudos to TC.

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Snowwolfe, the rifle comes with conventional 2-piece Weaver/Pic bases that screw onto the receiver. The “bridge mount” that stays attached to the barrel, does not. Good luck finding those now.

When the Dimension debuted, it was expensive. The barrel mounted scope rail was REALLY expensive, something like $150 or so. In order to set yourself up with a switch-barrel battery the “right” way, with a scope on each barrel, the cost escalated very quickly. At that time, there was not enough value in the switch-barrel feature to justify the price for me.

When CDNN liquidated them cheap a year or so ago, they also sold the bridge mounts for $35, so I bought in. Ended up with one receiver/stock, three barrels, and three scope mounts for just under $800. I have found the system to be absolutely repeatable to zero when switching barrels. All my barrels shoot MOA or better, and I didn’t have to spend a lot of time working up loads. The stock is surprisingly ergonomic, and has a grippy tactile feel, kind of like a Hogue overmolded stock. This seems to be the only chintzy part of the gun; whatever was used to give the grippy feel is starting to peel on mine. It does not effect performance, but makes an already ugly gun look worse. Overall, though, I’m quite happy with it. I used it hunting mule deer and elk this year, with no surprises.

T/C sold accessory stocks, which are the same as the factory stock except for color. You can find them on ebay. To the best of my knowledge, all of those are right handed. I’ve never seen a lefty stock sold separately.

W

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Good stuff Weebie. Thanks for chiming in.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Appreciate the information. Think I learned just enough to save me $500 smile

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Have no use for one of these but the price is making me think irrational thoughts. Maybe this rifle and it’s extra barrel and bolt will look great sitting next to my two other great buys, Ruger 300 and 338 RCM’s.
Seriously though, the 300 and 338 would see a lot more action if I hunted anything bigger than a whitetail at distances over 50 yards. If I still lived in Alaska the 300 and 338 RCM’s would be a perfect pair to cover all my hunting.
Already own two, .270’s and recently sold a .204 Ruger. Getting old and trying to cut down the number of rifles I own isn’t working out very well for me. Then today discovered 6-7 boxes of .204 ammo on my reloading rack.
Help me because I am weak.

Are scope bases easy to find for the TD? It appears they come with the rifle but not certain.

338RCM is awesome sauce. Beside my old Steyr its the best handling bolt action i own.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have one in 7 mag and it is a shooter. I might be listing it soon.

If someone is interested shoot me a PM.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

364 members (160user, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 34 invisible), 1,619 guests, and 1,019 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,226
Posts18,447,692
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.