Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Get in touch with Shiloh and order the full buckhorn rear sight. The rear notch will be too narrow, but you can open it up with a file. THIS will solve the problem. Do NOT get the semi buckhorn. On the semi buckhorn the 200 yard setting is screwed up, and you will have to file it to bring it in. BTDT and have the T shirt several times over.

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 458Win
I built up the sight with Devcon liquid steel and filed in a nice wide notch, which worked great for a week until it broke off. The second one didn't last that long. I considered soldering on a face plate but as is, the face of the little sight rests tight against the barrel with the ladder flipped up.

Well I guess we were thinking the same idea.... got another idea neither of my Shiloh fullbuckhorn or semlbuckhorn has a rear sight notch in the bottom of the staff but on my original business rifle the low notch Lawrence military sight does. So what about filing a notch in the bottom of the staff window to use for 100 yard setting, just slide the slider up out of the way. If you would move the slider to the top and flip up the staff for the notch in the bottom of the window. Did you get a height on the first devcon extension? You could check the height of the staff window bottom to see if it's high enough first to do that and get what you need for a 100 yd setting. Failing that do you might measure the height of the slider at it's lowest point with it flipped up recheck the measured height of the devcon extension that worked subtract the devcon ext height from the height of the slider at it's lowest point, now remove the slider stop screw on top the staff and slide off the slider, grind or file off the bottom of the slider to get the height you need at it's lowest point with the staff flipped up. Bill (SHARPSGUY) probably has the best idea but I sure don't know how long it would take to get it to your place out in bush Alaska. MB

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 09/30/20.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Don't file anything off the bottom of the slider. If you take anything off the bottom, it will make it thin enough that it will become all but invisible to your eye when you are developing a sight picture and render it useless. I have that T shirt, too.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

668 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 59 invisible), 2,343 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,140
Posts18,464,822
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.