Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Right now I'm just beside myself with rage over how my Dad's end is happening.

Doctors yesterday told me and my cousin (executor and POA) that Dad's 85 year old fighter pilot's lungs were too compromised for him ever to get off institutional high flow oxygen. So we both said, make him comfy.
I called to say goodbye, he was gasping and groaning, it was rotten.
So this morning, the hospital calls saying he's still gasping and groaning, but if we give him morphine his oxygen levels will go down. I say, he's a FENTANYL JUNKIE ALREADY, he's probably in full-blown WITHDRAWAL!
Oh, but we're not sure what he wants, they say.
THEN LET ME IN THERE, I WILL ASK HIM EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY KNOW AND HAVE TOLD YOU TWICE.
Oh, no, can't do that. Eff me, I'm already positive, asymptomatic for the last 11 days, WTH difference would it make either way? Give me a blue suit and a pair of gloves and I'll deal with it!
Oh no, can't do that.
So, I call my cousin to ask him to get out Dad's files and look for a directive. Thank God he found it, and Dad basically declared that when he's done, he's done except for comfort. Set them straight, finally.
Man, I still wish I could get in there, see if he's actually comfortable. Let the call come soon.

But the no visitor policy is facking insane. If Dad had known this was coming, he would have grabbed a 1911 the minute they told him he had COVID.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Terrible. Prayers sent.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Damn Dave that's a ball of the pure [bleep] right there. Hope the old man is comfortable as possible

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
That is fuggin insane!

Im really sorry to hear what you're going through.

Maybe buy a set of scrubs at local medical supply store, wear a mask and just walk in to see him? I know sounds crazy.

Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Right now I'm just beside myself with rage over how my Dad's end is happening.

Doctors yesterday told me and my cousin (executor and POA) that Dad's 85 year old fighter pilot's lungs were too compromised for him ever to get off institutional high flow oxygen. So we both said, make him comfy.
I called to say goodbye, he was gasping and groaning, it was rotten.
So this morning, the hospital calls saying he's still gasping and groaning, but if we give him morphine his oxygen levels will go down. I say, he's a FENTANYL JUNKIE ALREADY, he's probably in full-blown WITHDRAWAL!
Oh, but we're not sure what he wants, they say.
THEN LET ME IN THERE, I WILL ASK HIM EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY KNOW AND HAVE TOLD YOU TWICE.
Oh, no, can't do that. Eff me, I'm already positive, asymptomatic for the last 11 days, WTH difference would it make either way? Give me a blue suit and a pair of gloves and I'll deal with it!
Oh no, can't do that.
So, I call my cousin to ask him to get out Dad's files and look for a directive. Thank God he found it, and Dad basically declared that when he's done, he's done except for comfort. Set them straight, finally.
Man, I still wish I could get in there, see if he's actually comfortable. Let the call come soon.

But the no visitor policy is facking insane. If Dad had known this was coming, he would have grabbed a 1911 the minute they told him he had COVID.

Last edited by ribka; 10/02/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry Dave.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
What a fugging joke.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree the restrictions in hospitals especially for those that are at end of life is stupid as [bleep]. Prayers for all.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
i've heard of a few of those 'doesn't end well' deals...sorry to hear it

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Sorry you have to go through this

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It is a nightmare Dave I can personally attest. I know EXACTLY what your going thru.

Myself and my brother made the call to take Dad off the vent three weeks after he first test positive.

We were able to be there with him when he crossed though as thats the only time the hospital allows family in.

He did well for a week and a half then just crashed and went on the vent. They tried everything, Remdesavir, Antigen blood, steroids, etc.

I forced my Mom and Dad to fill out detailed advanced directives in 2017 the first time Dad had to receive long term convalesce care. All of us siblings got a copy.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
May the Holy Spirit hold and comfort and deliver him.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
D
D
Prayers sent Dave, sorry to hear. My Dad passed from cancer in 2018 at home with us and we made him as comfortable as possible at 90 years old. Most of the older generation were hardier than we are.

"God made man, but Sam Colt made men equal."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Man, really tough to read these stories. You guys have been through too much.

None of this should've happened as it did, the evil that brought this all to pass is stunning.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry to hear this news. Prayers on the way.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I’m so sorry for the way this is going.
Hope you can get your dad’s wishes followed!

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am sorry about the hurt, frustration and anguish you are experiencing - not at all the way it should be when you are trying to give the best farewell for a loved one. He, you and your family are in my prayers.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Stay strong during this difficult time.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very sorry you, and your father, have to suffer at the hands of the bureaucracy. Do your best to make sure he's as comfortable as possible. Prayers with you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Prayers sent.......... My dad used to say something about how he'd rather live a long life and have all his kids at his funeral versus having to attend the funeral of one of his own kids.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Sorry to hear this! Prayers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
647 members (10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 06hunter59, 257man, 74 invisible), 2,938 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,667
Posts18,399,373
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.