Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by Jason_Brown
He has said that he is getting harassing emails from people on here and I just want to make it clear that I didn't ask for or encourage any of you to do that

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last time I posted about this(June) one of his friends texted him and he contacted me shortly there after. I was hoping for the same result this time. I didn't want him getting harassed-after all they dude is serving our country so he deserves some respect and as he is currently deployed(I didn't know when I posted yesterday) he doesn't need any more on his mind. And I never posted his contact info

IC B3

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...dude is serving our country so he deserves some respect...

No he doesn't. There are bad people in every walk of life, including military. He's a POS.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
next we will hear he is a purple heart awardee/ viet nam vet, has a widowed mother and a sick dog.
if he enters into a contract here , he needs to follow through. i got burned on ar parts , sounds like the same dirt bag.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been burned on Gunbroker, but never here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and I am not doing business on GB anymore.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by mirage243
He has said that he is getting harassing emails from people on here and I just want to make it clear that I didn't ask for or encourage any of you to do that

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last time I posted about this(June) one of his friends texted him and he contacted me shortly there after. I was hoping for the same result this time. I didn't want him getting harassed-after all they dude is serving our country so he deserves some respect and as he is currently deployed(I didn't know when I posted yesterday) he doesn't need any more on his mind. And I never posted his contact info

You didn't have too, I had his phone number 2 minutes after your post yesterday.

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
People need to take care of business and do what they say. A man has nothing but his word when you get right down to it.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I didn’t post his info either. I was going too but I knew Jason was better than that and wouldn’t want it.

That said, don’t feel bad for this guy. I appreciate his service, but he should have never of put you in this spot, and our deal with the Model 70 was dicey at best. He kept lying about shipping it. He finally did when I demanded a refund. I sent him a PM asking if he would take payments on the rifle with a healthy down under the condition if it wasn’t paid for within a month he keeps all the money I sent. I sent him a little extra than my offer for the payment plan. Again, I appreciate his willingness for the payment plan. I had the rifle paid for within 10 days. He was out of town for the first week after receiving all the money and couldn’t ship then. No problem. I gave him another week to get settled after getting home to ship the rifle. No worries. It took him 2 more weeks after that of him lying about shipping it and me demanding a refund before he actually shipped it. I finally got the rifle in good order but that transaction should have never of went down like that.

I’ve got a PM saying he “believes in the honor and integrity system”, but research and you’ll find quite a few problems with this fella. No thanks for me.

Todd

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

He replied a week later, said that he was sorry, he had left for training and that his wife had forgotten to mail it and that he would put it in the mail the next day.
Jason Brown

Bulls hit! If your gonna sell stuff do it when know you are going to be around to take care of business or wait until you are. No excuse for his kind of crap, and I will make sure to never do business with him.

J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
My money was refunded but I'm going to leave this up here for others.

I really appreciate how smoothly most members do transactions on here. I also appreciate the support, it's clear that you guys take the honor system that we have here as seriously as I do.

Thanks again guys!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Glad you got it resolved.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Justahunter
I didn’t post his info either. I was going too but I knew Jason was better than that and wouldn’t want it.

That said, don’t feel bad for this guy. I appreciate his service, but he should have never of put you in this spot, and our deal with the Model 70 was dicey at best. He kept lying about shipping it. He finally did when I demanded a refund. I sent him a PM asking if he would take payments on the rifle with a healthy down under the condition if it wasn’t paid for within a month he keeps all the money I sent. I sent him a little extra than my offer for the payment plan. Again, I appreciate his willingness for the payment plan. I had the rifle paid for within 10 days. He was out of town for the first week after receiving all the money and couldn’t ship then. No problem. I gave him another week to get settled after getting home to ship the rifle. No worries. It took him 2 more weeks after that of him lying about shipping it and me demanding a refund before he actually shipped it. I finally got the rifle in good order but that transaction should have never of went down like that.

I’ve got a PM saying he “believes in the honor and integrity system”, but research and you’ll find quite a few problems with this fella. No thanks for me.

Todd

Was it a Featherweight Stainless?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, it was. I love the rifle.

Todd

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, I'll just offer the opinion that he's pretty damn sackless, 'cause you know damn good and well he knows this thread is here, people are tossing his reputation around like a drunk prom queen on roofies and he doesn't have the stones to come here and defend it. Maybe he's at least honest enough to know in his own mind that it's pretty much indefensible, though guys like him are usually good at convincing themselves that they are straight shooters but just are having a "run of bad luck" and no one's cutting them any slack...

And please, stop with the pedestal because he's in the Army, as others have said, there are douches in every profession, .mil ain't no different.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He’s welcome to come here and call me a liar. I still have all our communications and he knows our complaints about him are honest and just. I think he’s wearing this thread like he should and maybe learning from it. I honestly don’t think he’s a bad guy. He just has a real hard time getting to the post office after he has the money, and it gets away from him. That is a huge chore for a lot of people for some reason. That is way too big of a fault to be buying and selling on the internet. I personally don’t mind that he’s pretty notorious for buying guns for $950 shipped and turning them around on the same forum for $1300. That’s just free marketing and if people don’t want to pay it, they certainly don’t have to. He does have a HUGE issue with getting stuff mailed and being dishonest about it.

Todd

Last edited by Justahunter; 10/02/20.
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...I honestly don’t think he’s a bad guy...

Right. Only that he enjoys cheating people out of their money, that's all.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I honestly don’t think he’s a bad guy.
Todd

Well, seems the good guys generally treat a transaction here as evidence of character, sooooooooooo............

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

When you make a deal with someone, carry it out as stated and in a timely manner. There is no excuse for not doing so barring some dramatic unforeseen event occurring. And if so, then you communicate to the other party what’s going on..

It’s always right and it’s what makes this Free Classified forum work.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
A MAN IS ONLY AS GOOD AS HIS WORD!

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!
U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by fuzzytail
A MAN IS ONLY AS GOOD AS HIS WORD!

That pretty much sums it up, not only on an Internet forum, but life in general.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
721 members (12308300, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 11point, 12344mag, 160user, 91 invisible), 2,713 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,890
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.