Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
roanmtn Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Up until today, I haven't read any comments on Remington's bankruptcy. How do you and all the 24 Hour Campfire community feel this will affect us. Example-Will Remington Firearms be available as was Winchester after a few years. I may have missed any comments as I was off the forum for quite awhile. Here in Eastern Tennessee it seems the Remington Rifles are much more preferred. Savage Rifles are also being more and more bought from Wal Mart as Wal Mart offers these super accurate rifles at a much more affordable price. We have a lot of deer and a great number of hunters with little money. Also, the the Wal Mart gun clerks tell me that the .308 +.223 seems to sell more than others. HOWEVER, they tell me that the 6.5 Creedmore is a red hot seller with young shooters. Old timers buy .308, 30-06, .270. etc.

Glenn

Last edited by roanmtn; 10/03/20. Reason: completed my thoughts

Glenn Campbell
GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Hard to tell right now. Another "holding company" bought most of the non-Marlin firearms manufacturing part of Remington.

Ruger bought Marlin.

Sierra bought Barnes Bullets.

Vista Outdoors bought at least some of the factory ammo facilities, including the big factory in Arkansas. They already own a bunch of other companies, including ammo companies American Eagle, CCI, Estate Cartridge, and Federal Premium--along with handloading companies such as Alliant Powder and Speer.

Since this just happened, dunno how soon the various companies that purchased parts of Remington will resume production, or if they'll even restart some products.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
What happened with Dakota Arms?

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
I would assume it's now part of the "non-Marlin" firearms business sold to Roundhill Group LLC:

Roundhill Group, LLC, an investment company with headquarters in Pennsylvania and Florida announced that it is purchasing Remington Firearms. The purchase includes all long guns, shotguns, pistols, the firearms manufacturing facilities, museum and giftshop.

With this acquisition have come many industry questions and rumors. Roundhill Group LLC partner and spokesman, Jeff Edwards addresses these issues:
“As is known, Roundhill Group LLC and a group of experienced firearms manufacturing and hunting industry professionals is in the process of purchasing Remington Firearms. Our intent with this acquisition is to return the company to its traditional place as an iconic American hunting brand. We intend to maintain, care for and nurture the brand and all of the dedicated employees who have crafted these products over the years for outdoors men and women both here in the USA and abroad. More than anything we want to make Remington a household name that is spoken with pride.”

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
I wish them well in their endeavors.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Same here. My family and I have quite a few Remington guns, and have used a ton of their ammo and components over the years. I hope Roundhill gets them back on the right track.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This sucks. I had no idea all those powder and bullet companies were owned by one group of [bleep] now. America is becoming nothing but a few monopolies controlling everything.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I wish them well in their endeavors.

I hope they do right by Remington products and EARN
double returns !!

Been a satisfied Rem customer since the 1960s.

It’s NOT good for us & US for any weapon/ammo co to go toes up.

Jerry

ps: Thnx MD for your input.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
There was a thread about customer service updated yesterday and they seemed to be doing right by customer service. (Safari grade ammunition was the topic as I recall.)

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm eager to see the quality come back to Marlin too.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The quality of the Marlin rifles made by Remington were as good as the JM Marlins, in my opinion.

I hate to see this bankruptcy for several reasons. But I wish the new owners well for continuing the manufacture of Remington rifles, shotguns and pistols.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwall

I deal with investment companies, daily................I've yet to see a single one that gave any real consideration to anything except what they can buy for, what they need to do the rebuild/re-structure it, & re-sell for............some are just more brutal about it than others in how they go about that single-minded & over riding goal.

MM

R
roanmtn Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Thanks John

I had no idea of what is going on with this utterly huge mess. I am concerned about what appears to be a consolidation of huge proportions in the firearms industry by one company that surely has a monopoly with most of the industry now. Well....I hope that you guys will help keep the forum informed as you learn more about this awful mess

Glenn

Glenn Campbell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bugger
The quality of the Marlin rifles made by Remington were as good as the JM Marlins, in my opinion.

I hate to see this bankruptcy for several reasons. But I wish the new owners well for continuing the manufacture of Remington rifles, shotguns and pistols.

Not in anyone else's opinion though

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by Bugger

Not in anyone else's opinion though

Yeah, you may get a rise out of some who complain about those "Remlins"...

Never had one, can't say. I can testify about the older JM versions.

Hope Ruger can take them forward; think they probably can or they wouldn't have bitten off this challenge.

Ruger usually comes thru.

DF

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Some people rant and rave about the "JM" marked Marlins but based on what I've seen and owned of the mid 2000's Marlins the quality went to crap. Machinery was worn out and since they knew the were bought out the pride and craftsmanship of manufacturing was probably the worst in Marlin's history.

It took Remington about 10 years to get the Remlins straightened out and based on the ones I've seen and shot their versions are as good as any JM stamped Marlin. I'm not sure where Sturm Ruger will take Marlin but based on their prior attempts with lever guns (model 96's) the future of Marlin may be bleak.

Last edited by Ghostman; 10/04/20.
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

I deal with investment companies, daily................I've yet to see a single one that gave any real consideration to anything except what they can buy for, what they need to do the rebuild/re-structure it, & re-sell for............some are just more brutal about it than others in how they go about that single-minded & over riding goal.

MM

Yep! spot on from my dealings with them also.

Arcus Venator
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
myself i am glad Ruger Arms now will own Marlin rifles and will be a better rifle now too. as far as Remington rifles go: they need to move outwest and get away from the eastern side of America just way to many liberals in the east making gun laws.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by CRS
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

MM

Yep! spot on from my dealings with them also.

^^^ +2
Never have seen a holding company with any interest in long-term ownership or honest-interest in the product line and customer base... Just extreme interest in turning a short-term profit.

“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.”
--- Will Rogers
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by pete53
myself i am glad Ruger Arms now will own Marlin rifles and will be a better rifle now too. as far as Remington rifles go: they need to move outwest and get away from the eastern side of America just way to many liberals in the east making gun laws.

Not too far out West....

Libtards inhabit and control the Pacific Coast Look what Boeing just did...

Lot of companies moving to the South and South East. Better political climates and work conditions.

Now, if you're referring to the North East, I agree.

DF

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

662 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 2,492 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,631
Posts18,455,194
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.